Swordsmanship, Magic, or Alchemy which one are you favoring this time out, and why.

+

Swordsmanship, Magic, or Alchemy which one are you favoring this time out, and why.

• Swordsmanship

Votes: 75 45.5%
  • Magic

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Alchemy

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Hybrid.

Votes: 66 40.0%

• Total voters
Slightly off topic - do we get to play with axes, spears etc.?
Although swords are fun, nothing like changing it up a bit.

Previous games - you could, but you lost most of the special Witcher abilities, i.e. you were crap. That being said, it was FUN to play using a shovel as your primary weapon.

Hmm, well - I'm looking forward to stabbing an unruly bar patron with my dinner fork.
I hate being interrupted over a nice juicy mutton.

I've always been a sucker for weapons from the get go. So definitely swords on my first game then magic then alchemy. Maybe even a few hybrid builds later on.

Previous games - you could, but you lost most of the special Witcher abilities, i.e. you were crap. That being said, it was FUN to play using a shovel as your primary weapon.

One of my Witcher 2 playthroughs I beat the game using a spoon, it was awesome! Harpy vs spoon? Spoon wins. :lol:

Was it...a big spoon. A sharp spoon, what color was it?

Actually - I think that would be quite a challenge. Going through the game using nothing but sword, magic, or alchemy.
I say impossible - or at least take a long time to kill certain foes.

Was it...a big spoon. A sharp spoon, what color was it?

Actually - I think that would be quite a challenge. Going through the game using nothing but sword, magic, or alchemy.
I say impossible - or at least take a long time to kill certain foes.

hmmm never the less that wont stop people from using it. Theoretically (if and i hope they they still have that wooden spoon somewhere in the witcher 3) you could play a naked speed run with a wooden spoon as your weapon of choice?;) I will definitely give that a shot but I have the suspicion I wont be able to get past the prologue without dying thanks to sudden fits of laughter.

My reasoning is a bit shallow here. In my first TW2 playthrough I went heavily into alchemy and I'm still convinced that it's the strongest of the three in that game. But in TW3 I'll want to make use of the visuals, and I don't see how Alchemy will make fights look cooler than focusing on Signs or Swordsmanship with all the cool upgrades they offer. It also doesn't offer many active abilities. So while my numbers were noticeably higher with the Alchemy build, battle still played out like a low-level Geralt. Magic and sword fighting all looked very basic - they just dealt a lot of damage.

Yeah, it offered more mutagens and of much better quality as well as improving your tools, but mutagens are passive and tools for me are support rather than main.

So swordsmanship it is (for the first playthrough). I'll be disappointed if there are't too many active abilities to unlock and almost everything is just passive upgrades in it.

TW3 playthrough preference:
Swordsmanship
Alchemy
Magic

In that order. I wonder if just like TW2 alchemy will be the strongest.

All of them will be my favorite, that's simple, you cannot defeat enemies with only one, so combining them is the best way, but of course, Sword is good for me due to i do like finishing moves :lol:

Hybrid, between swordsmanshit and magic, that how i played through TW1 and TW2
so i will do that path in TW3 too.

On first play through, combination of swordsmanship and magic with emphasis on swordsmanship.

On second play through, probably the reverse, but if alchemy is good I might go with it.

I will go for magic respectively signs as its called in the witcher. But still will mix it with a bit alchemy and swordskills for the best skill set up.
Like in the witcher 2 where u can skill dodge for more range and then go for sign dmg n stuff :)

What is one without sword skills, it goes without saying that one must have some sword skills.
But I do have a passion for magic.

Magic... and sword skills just to worthily survive in my first playthrought, I guess... Or should a black cat do the opposite?

I'm going to do the same thing I did in previous two games. Primary swordsmanship with support from others, so that my signs are more usable and to be as loaded with potions as squirrel's shit is with nuts as Mighty Numa said.

Top Bottom