PC mouse and keyboard controls

+
So, it's just a bit over a month until release and we still don't know much (or anything at all) about the PC controls:

Will there be

1) raw mouse input
2) 100% rebindability of every hotkey/buttons/action
3) hotkeys for (almost) everything
4) native support fro ALL possible mouse buttons with full rebindability

?

Come on, CDPR, what's the status of the PC controls?

Last edited:
Jose said to me that the game is fully playable with M+K and you can even map the keys

"Fully playable"? Of course it is... ;)

Being able to map keys is good but I want to know if you can map all of them (to every possible button, mouse buttons included) or only some. And the question about mouse input is important as well.

Last edited:
Now that the game has gone gold I wonder if we can get an official answer of any kind from the Devs. It would be nice instead of being in the suedo media blackout regarding the PC control scheme and UI. I haven't Pre-ordered so its not a big deal to me but mans its gonna suck for those who did when the install the game and it could possibly be a hot consolized mess.

https://twitter.com/GopherGaming/status/589023317291626496

They forced us to use controllers (on PC) and I am still happy. Make of that what you will :)

WTF ???

What's the friggin problem with mouse and keyboard, CDPR?

And you still act like mouse/keyboard isn't something people care about?!

You still act like there was something to hide?!

You still act like mouse/keyboard is lacking compared to controllers?!

Game has gone gold, we're one month away from release. So what's the problem? Speak with us. Tell us. Take away our worries and fears. Be honest and transparent, for God's sake.

This is HIGHLY disappointing and alarming. Shame.

Last edited:
I expected the M+KB controls to be not that good since I saw the combat controls in W3 gameplay videos, for example: having to hold down the dodge button to roll will be troublesome with M+KB.

I have a wireless Xbox controller just in case, but I do hope it is not that bad, I really do.

https://twitter.com/GopherGaming/status/589023317291626496

WTF ???

What's the friggin problem with mouse and keyboard, CDPR?

And you still act like mouse/keyboard isn't something people care about?!

You still act like there was something to hide?!

You still act like mouse/keyboard is lacking compared to controllers?!

Game has gone gold, we're one month away from release. So what's the problem? Speak with us. Tell us. Take away our worries and fears. Be honest and transparent, for God's sake.

This is HIGHLY disappointing and alarming. Shame.

I must agree with you, since a comment appeared in one review saying that the KB/M didn't work as fine as controllers those PC's tools never return in any review paragraph... :(

While I share your concerns... would be pretty bummed if we can't switch targets with WASD or have to deal with too much mouse acceleration.(I'd really like Raw Mouse Input).

Oh, and after reading that: GONE GOLD my ass.
What has that got to do with anything? Any changes they've made since will be in the Day 1 patch which is still most likely WIP. They can not and will not appear in another build.

How can OPTIMIZATION of such a standard input method as mouse and keyboard be an issue for such talented developers, especially after all the constructive feedback they got from TW2, where not everything worked properly? After 2 delays?

It's just beyond me at this point.

What has that got to do with anything? Any changes they've made since will be in the Day 1 patch which is still most likely WIP. They can not and will not appear in another build.
Well, I consider controls one of the very BASIC things in a game, not something that shouldn't be good enough to present one month before release while you've already announced that your game has gone gold. Of course you can always tweak and optimize stuff. But in my books "gone gold" should mean that you're basically happy with your game in its current state and all basic features are indeed in a "gold state". You shouldn't have worries that one basic control input scheme of your game is still lacking on a level that leads you to the decision that you don't want others to experience it.

And their obvious lack of honest communication on the topic is just highly disappointing. Just my two cents...

I agree but they also said they weren't playing the release build, the reason as to 'WHY?' that I cannot say but the matter of fact is it wasn't so it could very well be an other build like the January one which they considered stable enough at the time.

I agree but they also said they weren't playing the release build, the reason as to 'WHY?' that I cannot say but the matter of fact is it wasn't so it could very well be an other build like the January one which they considered stable enough at the time.

Hm, but isn't the point of "gone gold" that your release version is done and "stable" (at least in a satisfying state)? I mean what's the point of calling the game "gone gold" if you don't have such a stable and satisfying version? And why would you present a much older version to people? People who are supposed to report on the game? I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't be able to play the release version, the version that was announced as "gold master".

I really don't get it. This is just weird if you ask me and CDPR should talk to us about this stuff...

Btw, is that you @EliHarel ? ;)
Yeah. Some people pressured me into trying Twitter. Still find it weird, it never really "clicked" in Israel. Strange platform.
:sad:

Anyway, having hands-on events this close to release with a Tweet about not being able to use M&K because it's not yet optimized properly is weird. When this topic emerged a few months ago I kept my impressions on hold, but now it just rubs the wrong way. Who knows, maybe in the month left and with the day 1 patch they'll manage to optimize them remarkably, but this doesn't inspire confidence right now.

Goes to tell how little I understand of developing. I thought that after they had a whole game based on a similar system with all the feedback as well as years of developing TW3 this wouldn't be something so tricky.

Top Bottom