Community manager for CDPR compares gamergate to the KKK

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a custome of CD Projekt RED and a huge fan of the Witcher series i'm shocked by these kind of comments.http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...unity_manager_for_cdpr_compares_gamergate_to/
https://archive.today/cWbDS
I hope CDPR will do the right thing and fire or punish these community manager.

Oh boy.
I'm going to assume this is legitimate and TheEVilChris did tweet what he's said to have tweeted. If not, I will stand corrected and in that case, please, TheEvilChris, accept my sincere apologies.

I defend the right of TheEvilChris to say whatever he feels like saying on his Twitter account. It's his, not CD Projekt RED's. The claim just because most of the community here appears to support Gamergate that his tweets should then reflect that apparent consensus or at least not openly diverge from it is just silly. Free speech is sacrosanct. I thought this was self-evident. Apparently not.

Regarding his statement that «Just heard the GamerGate has a booth at the @ calgaryexpo ? Really? Who next, the KKK? (...)» it's so abysmal, so inane, so grossly ignorant of the track record of an organisation such as the KKK and therefore so blatantly offensive to its victims, that no amount of flack he should receive will ever be excessive. I will add that tweet is perfectly in line with what he had to say regarding the downgrade claims.

This furthers my personal conviction hiring TheEvilChris was not the wisest of decisions.

Last edited:
Where is it... where the hell is it... oh, here!

Or a lock. You have a chance to discuss the subject decently and in order. That chance will not survive more than a very small number of ad hominems or other violations of forum rules, netiquette, and order.

This shit again???
After a year when I couldnt log in forum I come here at last and see this?

DRAMA!!!
Spare me please....

The less respectful wins!

Oop, sorry, reading it I thought it was a tournament of insults.

I know this kind of reasoning: if he has done something bad I'll do it worse and thus I'll prove I'm better.

Eye by eye and everyone turns blind quickly :(

Can someone explain to me what Gamergate actually is?

What I know:
It was a movement so that journalists would not be influenced by companies whose products they are reviewing, and that all journalists have fair shot at reviewing a product.
Then the GamerGate movement got hijacked by feminists and it became a 'evil' thing? (Something about a female gamedev sleeping with a journalist and her game then got a good review (they were in a relationship, so no sex for good review thing going on))

So now I really don't know that it means, just that some people (usually too politically correct people) have painted it evil.

And I used Google, still doesn't make any sense.

@JackalJ here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31592-Game-Journalism-Unfit-for-purpose have a good read...

As for a matter at hand. I will leave it without my comment because I don't want to be exiled from here month before W3 release date.

So basically the first part of what I said was right? It was a 'movement' of sorts to make gaming journalism more honest and professional.
Not a bad idea and something actually good to be apart of, I would think.

(No wonder Polygon hates GamerGate ;P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom