Community manager for CDPR compares gamergate to the KKK

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Gamergate welcoming women is exactly why you see such garbaging attributed to it? If Gamergate does not hold the belittling of women to be a core value, it needs to clean house.

It donated to The Fine Young Capitalists to help women developers, 4chan contributed to them for those videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7Q4XbWqvQ , they made a definitive stance against harassment on tweeter and so on.

Problem is the press, or blogs, never cover or mention something that might disturb their narrative.

And Gamergate welcoming women is exactly why you see such garbaging attributed to it? If Gamergate does not hold the belittling of women to be a core value, it needs to clean house.

Women are gamers for as long men are gamers. I've never see someone upset to play with a woman online and I played online for over 10 years.

Idle threats of violence and death go so far beyond self-defense against "shitty behavior" that there is no ground for any discussion that pretends to justify it.

Idle threats of violence right. Oh you mean like getting sent syringes to your home with the message "go kill yourself", or getting e-mails, phone calls, comments etc. etc. is all fine by you right? But hey they must deserve it.

Because they are GamerGate supporters. I won't deny anyone that's anti-GG hasn't gotten flack: Welcome to being a public figure on the internet where you get trolling, derision, hatred and death threats daily. I am not saying it's OK, I am saying it happens regardless of who you are and what you stand for.

Yet you would compare GamerGate, that supposedly is an organization responsible for internet trolling and threats, to an organization that committed things that could only be considered as: FUCKING TERRORIST ATTACKS.

Last edited:
Idle threats of violence right. Oh you mean like getting sent syringes to your home with the message "go kill yourself", or getting e-mails, phone calls, comments etc. etc. is all fine by you right? But hey they must deserve it.

Because they are GamerGate supporters. I won't deny anyone that's anti-GG hasn't gotten flack: Welcome to being a public figure on the internet where you get trolling, derision, hatred and death threats daily. I am not saying it's OK, I am saying it happens regardless of who you are and what you stand for.

Context: Syringe mailed to pro-GamerGate journalist Milo Yiannopoulos.
View attachment 12608

Attachments

• milo-yiannopoulos-twitter-gamergate.png
    milo-yiannopoulos-twitter-gamergate.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 66
I'm deeply disappointed by this statement by Chris Priestly on behalf of CD Projekt RED. While he is free to express any opinion on his personal account, divorced from his community manager role, this role is expressed loud and clear on this Twitter profile next to the ignorant statement. I will be cancelling my Amazon.com pre-order for The Witcher 3 (60$ retail edition) unless I see a retraction or a PR statement distancing yourself from his tweet.

I don't share your point. It's his personal opinion on his twitter account. CDPR can't predict or control everything he is gonna feel like saying at any moment. Why should anyone apologise for him? I never understood this logic, if someone is unhappy with what he said, which i have to admit was out of line, say it and let him apologize for himself.

Edit: "on behalf of CD Project RED" .....really?

As i said a few pages ago, it was a bad moment, call him on it, let him answer for it and not overreact

I don't share your point. It's his personal opinion on his twitter account. CDPR can't predict or control everything he is gonna feel like saying at any moment. Why should anyone apologise for him? I never understood this logic, if someone is unhappy with what he said, which i have to admit was out of line, say it and let him apologize for himself.

Edit: "on behalf of CD Project RED" .....really?

When you put "Community Manager of CDPR" next to your name, your statements become directly associated with the brand. It's why sane people write "opinions are strictly my own."

When you put "Community Manager of CDPR" next to your name, your statements become directly associated with the brand. It's why sane people write "opinions are strictly my own."

Right so you can add 5 words and then go and say whatever the hell you want to say and it's all good. Like people wouldnt be asking for the exact same thing to happen then.

People who are saying are cancelling, don't care about these kinds of things. They are just, as i said, overreacting.

And i want to add again that i too believe it was a bad thing to say. People have reacted and that's good and he will probably get talked to by someone at CDPR and i'm happy with that. I don't want cdpr to apologize for anyone nor i want a public execution to satisfy myself

Last edited:

Just like feminists need to clean house for all their harassment of men and gamergate?

Just like black people need to clean house on violence?

(Note: both the above point are terrible)

Right so you can add 5 words and then go and say whatever the hell you want to say and it's all good. Like people wouldnt be asking for the exact same thing to happen then.

People who are saying are cancelling, don't care about these kinds of things. They are just, as i said, overreacting.

=o With all this talk about women and whatnot... I guess you could say...they're Ovaryacting!!

=D

Exactly. If you belong to a culture that tolerates the expression of abhorrent values, you need to stand against it. Silence is acquiescence.

This is something that can't be measured. There are plenty of people that speak out against these things in all areas, but you still see people labeling entire groups (like race, gender, movements, etc.) as bad because people aren't speaking up enough to their liking.

Exactly. If you belong to a culture that tolerates the expression of abhorrent values, you need to stand against it. Silence is acquiescence.

Silence? What silence? Because you think that due to the fact you haven't heard GG members condemning it you think it hasn't happened? Plenty of people inside the movement have and plenty of people have been purged.

If people say we can't control trolls, it's because we can't.. Find one single protest movement without extremist members that can be completely silenced and I will become a Buddhist monk, That does not make those movements irrelevant.

By your logic everything the feminists say is worthless junk because of the extremist members of the movement.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, harassment is not new. Nor is comparison of an organization that seems to make a core value of sex-based harassment to an organization that made a core value of race-based harassment necessarily invalid.

Suppose you fancy yourself an intellectually honest person; Why then, should you post something like this? What is the rationale behind the suggestion that GamerGate's core values include sex-based harassment?

You have the right to have that opinion, I could explain very carefully why you would be wrong but ultimately that's not the point.

The point is comparing a group on twitter to the FUCKING KKK, is beyond infuriating.

Not trying to Ad Hominem but when Chris became the CM of CDPR I was skeptical that someone with his past on BSN ( the things he said, the things he defended Bioware for etc. ) and it seems he hasn't changed one bloody fucking bit. The downgrade post was perhaps a shinning example of this, but this KKK post takes it to a whole new level.

I never knew the guy before, but to make a claim like that is rather "short sighted" and I expect better of people who "manage a community"

See,

Here is the real issue with all of this. Man vs Woman. Any man worth his salt understands women are our equals in 99 percent of things and Vice Versa. It is this new breed of feminism that is teaching Men that to be masculine is akin to misogyny. They also, teach women to act like men. To me as a man this a real shame. Men and women are different. We should celebrate these differences not try and kill and bury them. At our cores we are equal. We all should have the same rights, the same liberties, the same chances, be able to do other gender specific roles if need be with out ridicule. Still, that does not mean their are not clear differences between us. Any fool can see there are clear Physical, mental, spiritual and of course sexual differences between the sexes.......

The types like Sarkession are not looking for equal rights. They are preying on the insecurities of certain types of individuals. All the while under the guise and pretense of "feminism". Innately, there is nothing wrong with feminism, it just has been corrupted by this new wave of Neo-Feminists.

Speaking of corruption....Anybody see those game journalists over there....lol

As a gamer I go to DSOG ( Dark side of gaming) The only site I know that stayed out of the whole GG nonsense. They may not be "journalists" but they are gamers and they stick to games. they also, listen to their users.

Anyways, I feel Evil Chris can have any opinion he wants, but not when you actively promote you are a Community Manager for CDPR on your Twitter Account. At that point you are speaking for them,even if in an indirect manner.

Peace out!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom