Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be too harsh about Joel Schumacher involvement in a downfall of the Batman movie series. It actually started with Tim Burton who, after success of the first Batman movie, was given a freedom to do anything he wanted in the sequel without anyone watching him. Thus we end up with a very divisive movie that many called too dark and bizarre, which also kinda dissapointed the higher ups in Hollywood with it's income. So they decided to replace Burton with a Schumacher and forced him to make much brighter, more family friendly and marketable film. Joel himself was a Batman fan and he loved Burton's adaptations, so he wanted to stay consistent with his style, before the producers said no. That's why both Batman Forever and Batman and Robin ended up being nothing more then just a mere products, because this is exactly what producers wanted, just something to sell. Schumacher clearly didn't like that, but he had to follow orders to stay in business.

I would like to politely inform you that there are creatures called Aardwolves and they don't look anything like Geralt.

Blasphemous.

Superhero comics?
Superhero comics! :D

Dog or cat? The choice is ancestral... :p

[video=youtube;w4c-mJ1DR24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w4c-mJ1DR24[/video]

I have an essay due in 3 days and I've not even starting reading for it.... and instead of starting i'm sat here staring at the pile of books i need to get through

argh

Just like a friend of mine right now. He decided to come to a live show with me tonight. I'm the good friend. :p

I hate being a procrastinator. If I'd done this damn essay a week ago it would be fine, instead now I have 2 days to finish it and I just.... can't... bring myself to start

Offtopic: Hope this is ok here, just a quick rant :)

Kijiji / Craigslist

Wow, here I am trying to sell some GPUs and I'm being low-balled left/right and center.
I'm well aware of the going rates on ebay/amazon etc., yet here we have cheapskates assuming I'm desperate for a quick sale.

Or, they're just not serious at all. One guy really low-balled me AND wanted me to deliver....LOL - what am I,the post office?

Bah - end of rant. I'm dealing with peasants I tell you!

Gone for 8 hours. Return to find TW3 sub-forum's first page filled with new posts and threads from top to bottom. Damn. Seems that time of losing touch and pace is nearing. Nice for CDPR, but kinda sad on a personal level.

Kijiji / Craigslist

Wow, here I am trying to sell some GPUs and I'm being low-balled left/right and center.
I'm well aware of the going rates on ebay/amazon etc., yet here we have cheapskates assuming I'm desperate for a quick sale.

Or, they're just not serious at all. One guy really low-balled me AND wanted me to deliver....LOL - what am I,the post office?

Bah - end of rant. I'm dealing with peasants I tell you!

Moved to The Bear, so that we can all get you a drink to help you drown your sorrows...

That sort of thing happens a LOT here, especially as the most popular place to sell things is via a local site, rather than eBay, and the sale is finalised through a face-to-face meeting. An awful lot of people seem to think that if you've gone to the trouble of showing up, you'll be willing to drop the price rather than lose the sale.

---------- Updated at 05:25 PM ----------

Gone for 8 hours. Return to find TW3 sub-forum's first page filled with new posts and threads from top to bottom. Damn. Seems that time of losing touch and pace is nearing. Nice for CDPR, but kinda sad on a personal level.

Only natural. The Bear will probably remain as a sanctuary for us Oldtimers, sitting in the corner, muttering into our drinks about the Good Old Days.
And it'll go back to normal within a couple of months of the game coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom