Star Wars: Battlefront

+
Star Wars: Battlefront

Didn't see a thread for Battlefront on the English forums, but forgive me if my search failed me. So now we have ourselves our first in-game engine trailer and damn if it doesn't look sexy.

[video=youtube;ZwWLns7-xN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8[/video]

Witcher, you've got me until November, then Star Wars is gonna take me.

Doesn't seem to be dedicated space battles which kinda sucks, but it the game looks that good and plays smooth, I'll live with the maps that allow dog fighting above the ground. Also like the the pre-order bonus isn't something exclusive, just early access to that first free DLC they are doing.

Last edited:
Too much hype from all over the web this week. Don't know if I can take it.

Of course I can take it.

Anyway, trailer's looking good.

No space battles, no classes, and the only confirmed maps so far are: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, and Sullust (an Expanded Universe planet.) I'm skeptical about this one.

Last edited:
I'll play this game for... the sound effects. DICE are masters at it. And with the franchise "iconic" sounds...

Biggest disappointment of 2015 in video gaming so farimho: No SP campaign, no galaxy conquest, no space battles, just the same old boring ground FPS scheme. Basically Battlefield with a Star Wars reskin. Battlefield DLC 2.0 for full price.

Another shallow EA MP-only game. The only interesting thing this game offers is - surprise - its license.

But I guess people will throw 60 bucks or more at EA in masses again. Well, because it's Star Wars.

Biggest disappointment of 2015 in video gaming so farimho

You let yourself get excited enough for a EA/Dice product to end up disappointed? Damn, sorry mate.

The Trailer was pretty damn neat (Although there's no fucking way the game is going to look like that, but at least they were nice enough to say "In-Engine" and not "In-Game"), but I went into this Battlefront game expecting the absolute worst.
So here I am, reading about no space battles and all that jazz, and I'm not surprised in the slightest, typical EA-tier bullshit again.

I'll still be interested to see some proper Gameplay footage at E3, just out of interest to see how it compares to the first 2 games, but nothing about the game right now strikes me as worthy of a purchase (Momentarily ignoring the fact that I don't buy EA games on principle anyway).

Speaking about singleplayer. the old Battlefront games didn't have a "real" singleplayer. There were just scenarios on MP maps with bots and a few cinematics.

Speaking about singleplayer. the old Battlefront games didn't have a "real" singleplayer. There were just scenarios on MP maps with bots and a few cinematics.

I know that. Still a shame that you get away with something like that for full price in 2015. Just my two cents...

I am going to make my own Star Wars battlefront with black jack and Space Battles.

In all seriousness - I really cannot trust EA. Especially after Battlefield 4.

I'm really dissapointed there won't be any space battles or they will release them as dlc... ugh.
The fact they are just focusing on ground battles pretty much makes me realize they just wana copy/paste Battlefield into Battlefront. I wonder how many microtransactions will this game have especially how EA has treated the last Battlefield titles.

Biggest disappointment of 2015 in video gaming so farimho: No SP campaign, no galaxy conquest, no space battles, just the same old boring ground FPS scheme. Basically Battlefield with a Star Wars reskin. Battlefield DLC 2.0 for full price.

Another shallow EA MP-only game. The only interesting thing this game offers is - surprise - its license.

But I guess people will throw 60 bucks or more at EA in masses again. Well, because it's Star Wars.

I'm sure there will be those who disagree with this, but here goes. Not that I can't understand why some folks are going to be disappointed, everyone has opinions, but have you played Battlefront 2's campaign lately? It's really bad - a shallow frame of a story centered around bot matches. I agree it's nice to have the option, but is it really that important if what you're getting is subpar? There is at least a feature called Missions that allow you to play solo or cooperatively with bots on or offline (co-op, both online and local splitscreen).The lack of space battles does suck, but there is going to be dogfighting/vehicle combat at least, only thing missing is the addition of the capital ships. No classes....I can see good and bad with that. It's different to be sure, though I like the idea of customizing how I want to play and I'd be making my own class. I will miss the leveling up rewards to be able to access the other classes while playing and having more of a set role, but not make or break for me.

And I love how everything that comes out for Battlefield or DICE is instantly a Battlefield clone that should be DLC, never mind that Battlefront was already a Battlefield clone even when it was under LucasArts and there are any number of series that the same could be said for. Just saying. ;)

At least the Battle of Jakku DLC is free. It'd be great if they followed suit with how Mass Effect 3 handled the DLC expansions - all free, new modes, maps, and factions. Probably just wishful thinking.

I am very interested to see the actual gameplay in action and whatever further reveals they may have before making any final judgments, but I know I'll be playing this as I've been waiting for a current gen Star Wars game for quite a while. Yeah, part of what makes me want this is the licence, and there isn't really anything wrong with that. If it is fun to play, looks great and runs well, and does a good job embracing a franchise I like, it's likely going to be worth my money. But that will of course vary from person to person.

Also, Battlefield 4's launch was a disaster for sure, but my god, it was one game and I'm sure they've learned some valuable lessons from it. Every game, especially those with online components, tend to have some kind of issues at launch. So if you really don't want to go through that and wait and see how it turns out before committing or want to wait for a price drop, totally understand.

I'm sure there will be those who disagree with this, but here goes. Not that I can't understand why some folks are going to be disappointed, everyone has opinions, but have you played Battlefront 2's campaign lately? It's really bad - a shallow frame of a story centered around bot matches. I agree it's nice to have the option, but is it really that important if what you're getting is subpar?
Well, the basic assumption behind this is that because the campaign wasn't really good in BF2 there was no chance of a good campaign in the new Battlefront. This is of course just a logical fallacy and probably a nice excuse for EA why there is no campaign at all in the new Battlefront. The point is not that you shouldn't cut bad content once you know that it will turn out quite badly. The point is that you just cut content from the beginning without giving anything else as substitution. That's just a hidden markup. You sell less for the same price and the only excuse for it is that "it wouldn't have been good" which is more or less just a declaration of bankrupcy of your own skill and talent if you think about it. They obviously ONLY offer ground battles in various forms right now which is far less variety and content than they already offered in the predessecors. That's imho highly disappointing. In my books, you should try to make a better and bigger game as a successor, not a smaller game with less variety with gameplay that is mostly just based on your existing pattern. If you ask me this game has "cheap-movie-license-cash-in" written all over it, only cleverly disguised with some awesome graphics. But in the end it's a game that is made to work together and promote the next Star Wars movie. That's why content is limited. It has to be ready for the movie. Maybe it's still better than most other movie license games made to promote movies or work alongside them in the past - but it's still a game made on the premise of missed opportunities and wasted potential. As a Star Wars fan who has been waiting for years for a good looking Star Wars video game this game just doesn't offer enough, and certainly not for its price tag. I mean, I know it's different, but I also have to compare it to upcoming games like Star Citizen (which offers space battles on a large scale as well as dogfights, FPS battles on the ground and in space stations and even ship boardings, a full SP campaign, a persistent universe with a lot of different activities and such - all in a "similar" Sci-Fi universe). And in that comparison Battlefront's content looks incredibly limited. For me, it's just painful to watch that all these awesome assets and graphics - for the first time really 1to1 based on the original movie stuff - are "wasted" for such a limited game.

I know that there are hardcore MP FPS fans who want exactly that and who are happy with that. I'm happy for them. But even they should mention the lack of actual content for the price tag, especially when you compare the game to other video games with the same price tag. The reality is that the content of this game is just limited and that it hardly offers anything new or fresh besides the settings and looks. It's basically Battlefield with a Star Wars reskin but with less content that the predecessor and even less content than Battlefield (due to the lacking real SP campaign). No matter if you want to play it and no matter if you like what you see that's just something that is imo worth being called out as rip-off and bad attempt to sell more and more highly limited games (in terms of content) for a high price tag with tons of (costly) DLC bolstering it. EA is notorious for that strategy and this is just another shameful entry in the long history of attempts to squeeze more and more money out of fans of certain beloved franchises. If you ask me, that's just disgusting, sorry.

I'm fine with no SP as the mode is usually sub par in these type of games where MP is the meat of the game anyway. Not much of a Star Wars fan either, but MP FPS in that universe could be a blast. And holy shite those graphics. DICE likes their eye candy.

No SP is not a deal breaker for me. People got overly upset when Titanfall did the same.

If you make a shallow campaign you get shit and if you don't get one you get shit.

No galactic conquests, space battles, and honestly no clone wars are the deal breakers for me. As for the latter of the three: The second trilogy was disappointing for a lot but looked great aesthetical which is why I always played clone wars in the battlefront games mainly.

Unfortunately this is not the new battlefront game I personally have been waiting for and that sucks. I actually would rather have a dual remaster of the first two done with new servers. And that's one of the very few games that deserve a remaster in this age of remasters. If only just to bring true online capabilities back.

Battlefield has always had shitty SP campaigns. Do you really want them to use so many resources on a COD fest campaign? Now they can focus on the multiplayer without any distrations. and who knows, maybe the game modes @Csàszàr mentioned will be added as DLC. I wouldn't worry about the DLC being bad. If one there's one thing that has been consistently good in BF it's the DLC. 4 large maps with new vehicles and game modes? That's pretty good in my book and worth 15 bucks.

What are you referring to? BF3 launched without a hitch and BF4's issues got fixed.

We must have got different copies of those games apparently. And BF4 issues getting fixed...what...after almost a year with the game being unplayable at times during that period?

I'll patiently wait until Battlefront's issues are fixed then and buy it on sale.

Top Bottom