PS4 graphics

+
That's not really a good method of assessment so no, I wouldn't worry.

Another point to consider is that all 3 platforms are x86, we don't have code issues like we had last gen where all 3 were separate architectures, the code is compatible, it's not something that has to be ported/use equivalents to try and deliver 'similar' looking visuals. There's not a lot of room for things to go sideways architecture wise.

though getting a game like TW3 takes a lot of optimizing for the different platform specifications.
It's a walk in the park compared to the hell called CELL.

Last edited:
That's not really a good method of assessment so no, I wouldn't worry.

Another point to consider is that all 3 platforms are x86, we don't have code issues like we had last gen where all 3 were separate architectures, the code is compatible, it's not something that has to be ported/use equivalents to try and deliver 'similar' looking visuals. There's not a lot of room for things to go sideways architecture wise.

That was a huge problem in the previous gen between x86, powerpc, and then the wild card: the ps3's cell processor. It's been great having a more unified platform that people can program to, though getting a game like TW3 takes a lot of optimizing for the different platform specifications.

I honestly think people are thinking too much about it.The PS4 while not on PC level is still a very capable system combine that with CDPR's standard for releasing top tier games and it's safe to say the PS4 version will look fantastic.

Yeah it's pretty much like you said. For anyone who is worried the game is going to look good on all systems. It will look good on xbox, it will be a bit better on PS4 and a lot better on PC depending on your rig.

Well, I'm kind of hoping to see some PS4 footage now that the game has gone gold. We're almost a month away an there has been 0 mention of PS4:sad:

why would you care?
The more relevant question is: Why do you feel the need to respond in such a rude manner? Not only is a this kind of dickish retort uncalled for, but it's the second time in a couple of days that you displayed this ignorant and condescending behavior towards someone who either has expressed concern regarding the state of the PS4 version or simply pointed out that we haven't seen any fooatge for Sony's console yet and who hopes that CDPR will remedy this situation soon. If you can't conceive of a reason why zMorfz or someone else might care for the PS4 version, what are you even doing in this particular thread? And while I get being slightly annoyed by the repeating nature of certain enquiries, there are more constructive ways of handling this sort of thing.

Well, I'm kind of hoping to see some PS4 footage now that the game has gone gold. We're almost a month away an there has been 0 mention of PS4:sad:

Yeah me too. it's not that I'm worried what the PS4 version is going to look like. I'm sure it will be fine. It would just be nice to see some footage before the game is released.

why would you care?

Because long gone are the days where you can actually get a copy of the game on release day without having to pre-order or download the digital only copy. Some of us would like to know if the PS4 version one is adequate enough to get (so we can pre-order) or should I invest in my PC a little more and just get the PC version instead. Yes, yes I know the PC version would be the most best choice to make but ... I'd rather not spend $200 dollars on upgrades if I already have a PS4 and the game still looks pretty damn amazing on PS4

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure those are all PS4 graphics though? It seems exactly the same as the original Gameplay Trailer that was published last week. (I mean, there might be footage from different presets/platforms inside the video, but all of it?)

I'm sure thats the same PC footage. Sony and MS always post PC trailers on their youtube channel.

Actually, nevermind you can totally see PS4 buttons in some of the clips. I dont know if its all PS4, but bits of it definitely appear to be.

Last edited:
Okay, I stand partly corrected then. I wouldn't think that they captured all of the scenes again just to create a PS4 footage (Especially the cut-scene kind of scenes, which look extremely good - for example the beginning), but even the bits where we can clearly see the buttons look impressive. So colour me impressed :)

Ya.. I really don't think any of this is ps4 "gameplay" It is the EXACT same video as before but with PS4 button prompts .. To me it looks like they just overlayed PS4 buttons on it =/

I have asked about The video in the news discussion thread. It would be good If they confirm this (the devepolers).

but should i be worried?

I wouldn't be worried if I were you, I find that many youtube videos are a horrible way of discerning how the game will actually look, a better way to check would be to download one of the video's in the video thread (here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/21144-Witcher-3-Video-Download-Center?goto=newpost) and playing that through your ps4 if you really want to test the video in that way. Still may not be completely indicative of the final appearance though.

Top Bottom