Community manager for CDPR compares gamergate to the KKK

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think trying to make him accept why "GamerGate is more righteous" should be the issue and i think noone should create a discussion with him out of this matter. Edit: I mean, of course, everyone may want to and can discuss the issue with some person but using language like "i'm trying to educate him" is not suitable way to create a discussion.

He has his own ideas, makes his own decisions even if it doesnt suit me. The problem here was the comparison and the position he represents and he made his apology for it. That's all.

Last edited:
Did you actually listen to the questions they asked in a civil manner during the panel?
personally I think panels should be quite inclusive and include people of differing viewpoints.
But hey I'm just someone that will listen to many viewpoints.
hope you enjoy Witcher 3 when it comes out, I know I will.
Thanks to the Dev team and to the community team for their work.

maybe GameGate should formalize their existence and as registered entity take the appropriate steps IMHO

Want to bring this debate to this forum does not seem relevant once Chris has apologized publicly disassociating CDPR from the tweet.

So, yes,, I vote for enjoying our Gold Game arriving.

Last edited:
Did you actually listen to the questions they asked in a civil manner during the panel?

They were not only disruptive, they were designed to be disruptive, as in covert op.
Read their abject crowdfunding campaign strategy layout, or at the very least this.
http://comicsalliance.com/honey-badger-radio-calgary-expo/

Gamergate as represented by the Honey Badger Brigade IS a hate group, so you can maybe say that "this is not gamergate", they're just calling themselves that and sell gamergate merchandise. But their actions are indefensible. This was a hate group at work to destroy the peaceful gatherings of hobbyists. Call it Honey Badger Brigade, call it A Voice for Men or call it gamergate. But don't defend these pieces of crap.

This comment was made by me on my personal twitter account and in no way represents the beliefs or values of CD PROJEKT RED, their staff or their games. I take full responsibility for the statement and I hope that people reading this understand it was a lapse in judgement by me personally and is not supported or condoned by the CD PROJEKT RED studio.

Thank you for distancing yourself and your unfortunate post from CDPR. This is important.

As for the sincere apology to those you offended - color me unimpressed and unmoved.
"Men are men, vows are words, and words are wind."
- George R. R. Martin

An apology, honestly? Seriously, this is what happened:
http://comicsalliance.com/honey-badger-radio-calgary-expo/

For these proceedings, gamergate has to apologize with more tweets than twitter could ever stand.
There should be gaters by the millions distancing themselves from the Honey Badger Brigade, right now.
It's not happening because gamergate is quite the inclusive hate group.

The 'lapse in judgement' here absolutely was to compare gamergate to the KKK. The John Birch Society would have been a much more accurate comparison.

I have to clarify my stance on this. I didn't realize who the Honey Badgers were at first. I thought they were a group of female devs or the like, so of course the affair was maddening to me. But the Honey Badgers are indeed a provocative group of folks in Canada. Their attendance does smack a bit of party crashing. Though I still don't think they should have been kicked out, it should have been expected. I don't agree with Chris but his tweet has a bit more context now. And no, he shouldn't be 'punished' either.

Last edited:
I think that a general discussion on Gamergate is probably not really appropriate for this thread, although some of the background info has been useful to those who weren't following it. There is another thread if anyone wants to move the discussion there.

Well, that's settled ...
Now we can go back to talk about important things - stuffed unicorns, Yenn's curls, Fringie's eye color etc etc...

George R. R. Martin... interesting you guys should bring him up. He had quite a few things to write in connection to gamergate's favorite FUB methods and cardboard enemy concept — "the SJW", a fictional group that serves as a bridging narrative between attacking feminist game critics and the ideal of achieving 'ethics in journalism' — when a group not without similarity to the HBB and its kind of activism tried to crash the Hugo Awards this year.
http://grrm.livejournal.com/

So now we need an apology for the apology?

Not from me, no. I just would have wished he spoke out against gamergate without resorting to hyperbole.

Bona fide hate groups and 'not really gamergate' ideologues like Davis Aurini or Roosh V. have long since taken a strong foothold in the movement's ideological direction. I don't blame anyone for finding the present ideology to be so muddied and so full of internal contradictions, and for finding the members so averse to pointing out currents in the movement that they find unfitting, that they necessarily estimate the loudest and most abject voices to be representative. And if you stumble over exactly those loud voices at the convention of your choice... trying to crash your panels... then, yeah. Then you actually wouldn't be THAT surprised to have a racist hate group in the adjacent booth.

The HBB did a backer funded shit thing and has definitely smeared the GG name some more. The outrage should be going in THAT direction.

Chris — you're all right.

Last edited:
i know i said i wouldn't be coming back but i did come here to admonish so i might as well come back to praise.
thanks for listening, thanks for the apology, as far as i'm concerned we're golden, back to the original plan of buying a new pc so i can play witcher3 on ultra.
btw have recommended spec so you could play witcher 3 on highest settings at 60fps come out yet?

i know i said i wouldn't be coming back but i did come here to admonish so i might as well come back to praise.
thanks for listening, thanks for the apology, as far as i'm concerned we're golden, back to the original plan of buying a new pc so i can play witcher3 on ultra.
btw have recommended spec so you could play witcher 3 on highest settings at 60fps come out yet?

Welcome back :)

If you already have a PC and are wondering if/what you need to upgrade, I suggest you give details here and someone will advise:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32979-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-PC-System-Requirements-are-here!

If you're buying from scratch, the best place to discuss it is here;
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32239-Building-a-gaming-PC

Appreciate the apology, now we can go back to the usual.

and in regards to that one poster screaming hate group left and right, you're not winning anyone over

Quick! Get the tar and pitch forks!

Nah, I'm just kidding. He said something stupid --stupid because of his job, not because of his opinion. And he apologized for it. Case closed.

I don't think trying to make him accept why "GamerGate is more righteous" should be the issue and i think noone should create a discussion with him out of this matter. Edit: I mean, of course, everyone may want to and can discuss the issue with some person but using language like "i'm trying to educate him" is not suitable way to create a discussion.

He has his own ideas, makes his own decisions even if it doesnt suit me. The problem here was the comparison and the position he represents and he made his apology for it. That's all.

Exactly. It's his right to find GamerGate a disgusting movement and he should not be fired for his beliefs. He made a stupid comment and apologized for it, case closed. Let's not start a witch hunt, please.

The apology acepted in the same spirit it was given but i can only speak for myself a lot of asupporters of gamergate are more than a litttle fed up with this kinda of comment. But to me the matter is closed for now.

I still don't understand how anyone can consider GamerGate pure evil or pure good. It is a god damn hashtag that has been used for both good and bad purposes by all kinds of people, anonymous or not. Comparing it to KKK is nonsense, good on Chris for realizing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom