PS4 graphics

+
That's extremely impressive.

Not sure if it is anything more than a repost of the existing trailer. Didn't watch it in slow mo, frame by frame, but it seemed "the same". Maybe because the PS4 version is visually comparable with the PC version, or possibly because it is mostly not from that platform.

We have already seen XB1 footage, and it was not extremely different from the PC footage the next day. PS4 is supposed to be in between... so about the same again. (Limited frame rates and resolutions (compared to maximum PC specs. and some alternative shaders to obatin similar levels of effects using the better architecture (but lower raw power) of the consoles.)

There is a definite difference from first trailer but I'm extremely impressed for PS4. This pretty much confirms my decision for PS4 unless.... it goes 3D Vision ready.

Awesker.575 said:
There is a definite difference from first trailer but I'm extremely impressed for PS4. This pretty much confirms my decision for PS4 unless.... it goes 3D Vision ready.

What would you say is the difference? I'm unable to download the second trailer to compare them. I'd be interested to know.

The first watch it looked almost identical and I thought okay there must be a mistake here. After several watches I noticed I couple of things: Objects aren't as sharp, textures are a little worse, objects in the distance aren't as crisp and it's seems over all a little darker. Everything your eyes are immediately drawn too are almost identical; Geralt's face, Triss's mouth, armor, weapons and npc faces. It's the secondary objects in scenes that you have to watch a few times to notice. If this is in fact PS4 footage, I'm wildly impressed. I played TW2 in 3d Vision which was the best gaming experience I've ever had in my 30 years of playing. I sold the rig because it seemed 3d was dying. If this game goes 3d vision ready I'll spend the 1500-2k buying everything back, thats how good TW2 in 3D Vision was.

I'd wait for confirmation from the devs. Graphically, I thought it looked the same as the last vid. Compare it to Bloodborne and it's way more impressive so I have my doubts that's on PS4.

The first watch it looked almost identical and I thought okay there must be a mistake here. After several watches I noticed I couple of things: Objects aren't as sharp, textures are a little worse, objects in the distance aren't as crisp and it's seems over all a little darker. Everything your eyes are immediately drawn too are almost identical; Geralt's face, Triss's mouth, armor, weapons and npc faces. It's the secondary objects in scenes that you have to watch a few times to notice. If this is in fact PS4 footage, I'm wildly impressed. I played TW2 in 3d Vision which was the best gaming experience I've ever had in my 30 years of playing. I sold the rig because it seemed 3d was dying. If this game goes 3d vision ready I'll spend the 1500-2k buying everything back, thats how good TW2 in 3D Vision was.

The "graphical" differences are caused by the higher compression ratio of the second video, making it appear inferior although it's literally the same video. Every discernable disparity is down to the fact you're comparing a 120MB clip with a 844MB one, the later being 7 times the size of the former. This is the exact same trailer that was released a couple of days ago, in all likeleihood captured on a PC on High Settings. I'm sorry, but it seems that we have to wait a little bit longer before we can feast our eyes on the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Rumormill from a Youtube commenter with a polish name said that the official gameplay trailer was done in each of three versions PC/XB1/PS4 with no differences except for graphical settings, and that the PC was a mix of High/Very high (not ultra).

It's about the furthest thing in the world from confirmation, but I can say that watching the PC/PS4 trailers back to back, I am noticing the same differences that @Awesker.575 was.

Just so you guys know, the DS4 CAN work on Windows, although it's not natively supported. Or perhaps the video was edited somehow to include the PS4 button prompts.

Either way, I'm almost 99.9% sure this is the same PC footage from that earlier trailer. When CDPR releases PS4 footage, they'll definitely announce it as such..

What you guys need to be looking at are the animations and the places of the objects in moving shots. If Geralt has the same animations at the same time-frame, or if for example an animal is at the same place in both videos, that means they did not capture that scene again (As there would be differences in those aspects).

Rumormill from a Youtube commenter with a polish name said that the official gameplay trailer was done in each of three versions PC/XB1/PS4 with no differences except for graphical settings, and that the PC was a mix of High/Very high (not ultra).

The official gameplay trailer was already confirmed to have been done on PC by a dev via their twitter account if I recall..

What you guys need to be looking at are the animations and the places of the objects in moving shots. If Geralt has the same animations at the same time-frame, or if for example an animal is at the same place in both videos, that means they did not capture that scene again (As there would be differences in those aspects).

That's a good point, though it wouldn't apply if they were using scripted gameplay sequence purely for the purpose of the trailer.

The head shot at the flying creature gives this away. It's exactly the same.

The only difference I can see between the Trailers is that the "PS4" one the colours don't quite "pop" in the same way they do in the normal version.
(For reference - http://i.imgur.com/zpDjlQS.jpg)

HOWEVER. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual quality of the footage (PS4 vs PC), probably just some kind of re-upload/encode problem. Because footage which is CLEARLY ripped from previous Gameplay (Geralt walking into Vizima's Throne Room, Drawing his sword at 2:40 etc), have the exact same colour problem.
Also a quick scrub through shows the Sword of Destiny Trailer on the Playstation channel has the EXACT same problem (Flattened colours), and there's absolutely no way in hell the PS4 is going to do SoD level visuals.

99.9% chance this is not PS4 footage. Just continue to be patient guys, I'm sure it'll come eventually.

It's about the furthest thing in the world from confirmation, but I can say that watching the PC/PS4 trailers back to back, I am noticing the same differences that @Awesker.575 was.

Hmmm... Does this confirm that there is very high setting between high and ultra setting or is this just his opinion?

Hmmm... Does this confirm that there is very high setting between high and ultra setting or is this just his opinion?

It's rumormill, it confirms nothing, and quite often does the opposite of confirmation. I would take the whole of the information with a grain (or pound) of salt. ;)

5:37!

Attachments

• unbenannt2dj8v.jpg
    unbenannt2dj8v.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 57
Honestly, I don't care how the PS4 version will look compared to PC, other than the fact that it will look very good. Of course the PC will look better but seeing how Dragon Age, The Order or Bloodborne looked recently on the PS4, I am pleased enough with the system's graphics at this time.

That said, I am REALLY hoping that the game is locked at 30fps. Dragon Age and The Order ran flawlessly at a locked 30fps. Bloodborne is constantly dipping into the 20s and it's driving me crazy. I can't stand it.

Therefore, here is hoping that the REDs locked it down at 30fps and we wont see dips.

I feel exactly the same way. I'd gladly sacrafice some graphical fidelity for a rock solid 30fps with no screen tearing. I don't understand how this isn't more of a priority. Far Cry 4 ran excellent and that game looks gorgeous on PS4. I do have faith in RED though, here's to hoping they can pull it off!

Top Bottom