Do people like the rotating mini-map?

+
Are you on PC? I know there's a few UI mods on Nexus, including one for minimap improvement. Other than that, you just have to accept it. For some reason this aspect took a dive in TW2.

Are you on PC? I know there's a few UI mods on Nexus, including one for minimap improvement. Other than that, you just have to accept it. For some reason this aspect took a dive in TW2.

Yeah, I plan to install that Dynamic Hud mod next. And I hope that CDPR can give us an option to lock the minimap in Witcher 3.

Nope, no mods. That's weird... This is how my minimap looks:

I actually use each type of minimap differently. While many games give the option to lock/notlock, an equal or greater number of games do not.

For the rotating minimap: Great for active navigation to a specific point by way of having a virtual 'scout' showing you the routes ahead of you as you move.

For the non-rotating minimap: Great for spatial awareness and overall understanding of the surrounding terrain. Better for 'learning an area' than a rotating map.

I thought the W2 minimap was north up? You have a player view direction cone... which suggests the map doesn't rotate to follow the direction of view. I didn't generally watch the map much anyway so I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'd have noticed it "swinging" as this annoys in real life.

@Lieste It's not static, it moves around. Just checked today as I was taking a screenshot of the minimap. But yeah, I usually don't notice these kind of things because of how I process the minimaps in my head. But yeah, if it gives problems to people, an option would be good. I think I'll use the moving version anyway, but an option needs to be there it seems :)

I'd prefer static North up, but then again, I also don't want a North indicator. It would be cool if there was a 'North Star' type of celestial indicator, or perhaps a map Geralt has of moon phases to navigate by night.

Whoa... Options galore huh?.. They really wanted to cater for every type of gamer in the universe it seems.

Top Bottom