Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Quen

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Axii

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Heliotrop

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
That's hard to say since none of the signs were too exciting or useful for me in the previous games. I'm gonna say Aard because it's slightly less generic than a fire spell and aarding soldiers off cliffs was undeniably fun. Now that the signs have gotten special care in the third installent, I'm excited to see how my view on them will change.

In the first game on my first playtrough... it was all just igni spam. On my others I focused more on swordsmanship, so I used aard for support and sometimes igni. In Witcher 2, I used allmost all of them (even axii in arena) but still mostly aard and quen this time. I would like to use everything in arsenal of our witcher in third game. Yet I have to say, that my favourite is the jedi way... Aard.

Well, on the hardest difficulty setting on TW2 I used Quen initially since it felt almost like having double your health bar :) It's not my favourite though.

Overall, over the two games, it's a close run thing between Aard and Igni. Not very sophisticated I know but 'force pushing' people on their ass or simply setting them ablaze is pretty satisfying.

A tough choice but I eventually voted for Igni. I loved using it in TW1 since when people were ignited they took silly amounts of extra damage when using certain sword styles iirc.

I'm definitely gonna try and experiment a lot more in this game though, especially if you can re-spec. It's a long game, more so if I'm gonna go through twice, so I want to discover as many 'flavours' as possible; after all the effort CDPR put in, it would be a shame not to.

tw1:
instant kills with Aard automatically set it right at the top of my list. then comes Igni because if you have doubt about ANY monster's weakness, kill it with fire.

i didn't use any other signs, although Quen was useful when I didn't have a torch or a cat potion while in a dark cave.

tw2:
also Aard, because instant death of the edge of a building always gets you to the top. then Yrden because immobilising Letho was the most important lesson I learned about fighting other witchers. I'm under the impression that Yrden was OP because I relied on it through my playthrough on Dark.

tw3:
???!?!?!
given that they've nerfed Yrden and Aard is the love of my life, it's probably going to be Aard again. Also apparently you can use signs on horseback? So many factors to account which is going to be my favourite. very situational. i like that Axii can be used to immobilise and also calm Roach and tame goats. i like that Igni's a flame thrower, quen seems like it's actually useful and not bothersome... so many things to consider...

I dont know why, but ever since i was given Aard during the start of TW1, ive not really used any of the others, despite having great use in different situations. The ability to push a monster off its feet, prime for an execution with my silver sword... just felt so satisfying.

Do we already know why sometimes Igni works as a cone AoE and sometimes as a flamethrower? Is the flamethrower some alchemy stuff instead?

And about Aard... I think I saw it used as cone and as circular AoE. Can we choose how to use it, with different inputs?

Do we already know why sometimes Igni works as a cone AoE and sometimes as a flamethrower? Is the flamethrower some alchemy stuff instead?

And about Aard... I think I saw it used as cone and as circular AoE. Can we choose how to use it, with different inputs?

Signs have primary and secondary effects in tw3. You press the button or hold it down (I think). So I imagine that answers both of your questions?

Signs have primary and secondary effects in tw3. You press the button or hold it down (I think). So I imagine that answers both of your questions?
I think it does. It's like I suspected. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Then I guess I'mma go with Aard. Seems like the best thing against angry clawing flanking swarms, which seem like the hardest thing to fight cleanly (without getting hit).

Axii would prolly be my second choice. It seems great against small groups.

I found myself using Igni from time to time in Witcher 1.
I played the Witcher 2 on dark, and I had to spam Quen and rolling in the absence of a properly balanced block and parry mechanism.
I predict that I'm going to use Igni in the Witcher 3. The fire effects look nice, and I like to deal damage and set the enemies on fire.
My focus has always been on swordsmanship, so I'll pick a sign and try to max out the damage with as few skill points as possible.

Probably Igni because of fire particle now move with the wind
and I love the new sounds of bandits scream when burned.

Axii. Jedi Mind Trick FTW.

Finally some love for Axii! I mean, it can help you barter better prices, gain information, and make people and monsters fight for you or keep then stunned! If I could only level up one Sign, it'd be Axii because I like conversation options.

Axii! I love mind controlling one guy to distract 3-4 in the pack and then quickly dispatching a few while their backs are turned.

Gotta go with Igni.

*When in doubt, Kill it with fire*

But seriously, I really liked it in TW1, LOVED it in TW2.
In TW2 I was basically a firemage the way I had Igni level up. Burned everyone to a crisp and only needed to occasionally hand out a hit or two with my sword, not more.

Top Bottom