• PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Keyboard & Mouse

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Have not decided yet

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
Game controllers for PC.

Have you decided what to play with on the PC?
I have no experience with console controllers on the PC and I don't own any consoles, so I'm not so sure yet.

PS: I made this mapping of the Xbox One controller for the Witcher 3:

Attachments

• controller(s).png
    controller(s).png
    294.2 KB · Views: 92
  • witcher3x1contmapUpdate.jpg
    witcher3x1contmapUpdate.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I've grown up on the PlayStation consoles, and so the dualshocks are my weapon.

I'll be using the PS4 controller.

I use Keyboard and Mouse for most things, but when i do use a controller i use an Xbox 360 one, which in my opinion is better than the PS3, PS4 and Xbox One controllers.

But i don't know if Mouse and Keyboard will be better for The Witcher 3 than a controller, so i guess i haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
DS4 for me though i don't have a PS4 but i do have a PS3, I do play with an Xbox 360 controller but cannot get the hang of it. Considering the mouse when using a crossbow would be ideal but for the rest of the game controls are better on a controller, I would consider the keyboard if there is a toggle for walk/run I like viewing the scenes slowly and turning my back and walking away after killing some monsters

My mouse is my eyes and the keyboard my hands. I cannot do it in another way. My brain is too used with KB+M that I cannot wasting time learning and trainng and dying with a new kind of controller. The few times I've tryed it my left hand gone to the desk for typing the keys... and I died- No way to try it now with TW3.

Voted for xbox one , although I will use the xbox 360 controller. Usually prefer to play games with action combat with controller

@Puksy, you said something interesting there.

I've always been a little disappointed that I couldn't move my character in games at the speed I want.
And I've seen others play the game on console and they use the joystiq on the controller to tweak pace.

It's pretty cool to be able to move a little slowly and then speed up how fast you walk.. not running.

With keyboard and mouse it's either walk.. or run.. no in-between and that's something I wish there was.
Especially for an RPG.

Last edited:
@Puksy, you said something interesting there.

I've always been a little disappointed that I couldn't move my character in games at the speed I want.
And I've seen others play the game on console and they use the joystiq on the controller to tweak pace.

It's pretty cool to be able to move a little slowly and then speed up how fast you walk.. not running.

With keyboard and mouse it's either walk.. or run.. no in-between and that's something I wish there was.
Especially for an RPG.
oh yeah can't do that on keyboards but with joystick, good example instead of walking or running is when crouching or sneaking you can get more freedom of movement when using a controller instead of kb

I'd really like to play with keyboard and mouse -- it seems the most fluid to me generally -- but I also have an xbox360 controller which I won't hesitate to use if I can't optimise keyboard and mouse controls myself. I hear that the console controller support is very intuitive, so at least I wont have an incredible irritating overall experience, but I really hope keyboard and mouse are perfectretty fucking ace.

Last edited:
oh yeah can't do that on keyboards but with joystick, good example instead of walking or running is when crouching or sneaking you can get more freedom of movement when using a controller instead of kb
Well, we could if developers would allow us to. I have heard that in one of the older Splinter Cells you could change speed with mouse scroll

Well, we could if developers would allow us to. I have heard that in one of the older Splinter Cells you could change speed with mouse scroll

Indeed. But Witcher 3 isn't a stealth game. It's an action RPG. You don't need more than two movement speeds here, walking and running. Best way to do that on a keyboard is to let Geralt walk automatically and run if you press down a button (like recently done in GTA V for example).

I think I'll buy myself a PlayStation or Xbox controller. I always role play with myself in games and sometimes I wish I could move a little slower when senses danger and then gently increases pace forward. Especially if I'm going to ride a horse. Full control. Sad with just two different speeds of movement, slow or fast, no-no. I've decided.

Mouse and keyboard...doh. ;)

Seriously though, no one made any controller with little me in mind. I'm not gonna go into "what ails me" here though, because nothing ails me, I'm fine. I've actually played a lot with controllers. Well I've tried.

NES, SNES and Sega controls worked fine...but that's it, and I've really tried. I play a little Xbox now and then with friends but the sheer stupidity of preset control is very frustrating. Seems every time I play Xbox I'm called something new. First my preference was called Southpaw and then the new preset control mappings kept coming. That's my problem right there = preset.

If I was able to actually map buttons myself I'd be a lot happier, but the problem would still remain: they didn't make these things with me in mind.

Besides, can't replace mouse accuracy with controller. That is my opinion anyway, and I go by my own experience. I've developed and perfected my own preferences and style since...oh...I guess 1995-1996(when games allowed you to start look around using mouse). I'm quite satisfied with them.

Hand me a controller though and my clean sharpshooter accuracy is nullified. I must look like an idiot trying to aim with these things.
So I hope devs have prepared, because I'm gonna start mapping my controls from the get go. ^_^

Last edited:
My mouse is my eyes and the keyboard my hands. I cannot do it in another way. My brain is too used with KB+M that I cannot wasting time learning and trainng and dying with a new kind of controller. The few times I've tryed it my left hand gone to the desk for typing the keys... and I died- No way to try it now with TW3.

Insta Red Point !

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, basically I'm used to M/K. I've been playing with M/K for almost 20 years now. Every fuc.... game (besides sports games).

I can't and I don't want to play games with a controller. It just doesn't feel right. It's like driving a real car almost your whole life with a driving wheel and someday somebody wants to convince you that you should try driving it with a joystick instead. You'd probably refuse and so do I. I'm used to M/K. It feels "natural" to me, like the way it's meant to be played (even if it isn't). On top I like the flexibility, the customizability and the precision, not only while aiming but also just for camera control and menu interaction. With a mouse I can target a single pixle on the screen and I love it. A controller feels automatically imprecise and squishy in my hands. I can deal with it in games that are strictly set on a flat ground, like most sports games. There the thumbsticks work perfectly to cover precise movement in all direction - on the flat surface. But once we're in a real 3D world nothing can beat the precise and quick navigation and camera adjustment of a mouse imho. In no way I'd prefer a controller over M/K in a real 3D game, not even if the M/K controls were sub-par. Actually I probably wouldn't even notice that they were sub-par because I'd never try playing it with a controller. For me, PC and M/K controls are a perfect symbioses. They have been accompanying me for my whole life and we became good friends. So M/K for me all the way. ;)

Top Bottom