The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Your post has been moved to the other thread, someone will reply to you soon :)

Thank you! sorry for opening a new topic with this one already open. Since the page changed i repost for clarity.

I want to ask you if my pc with the proper settings can run the game on high settings (with heavy things like shadows on medium), with a resolution of 1920x1080 :
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 @3.3 GHz quadcore
RAM: 8gb
GPU: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7950_Twin_Frozr_3GD5OC.html#hero-specification

I don't think i can handle it on ultra, but i hope i can have some detail on high, like texture and model. Thank you all for the help and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Witcher 3 list PhysX as supported technology on Geforce webpage so it has PhysX though I am not sure whether it's GPU or CPU PhysX.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications

During initial promotions they mentioned GPU PhysX but it's no longer being promoted so it might just be CPU PhysX now, in that case adding an additional card will not benefit but if it has GPU PhysX then yes, adding another card will off load PhysX processing from the primary card though I am not sure how much benefit it will provide.

There is absolutely no reason they would restrain physx to cpu...that's completely stupid...

There is absolutely no reason they would restrain physx to cpu...that's completely stupid...

No it's not stupid because although impressive GPU PhysX is very costly performance wise, just play Arkham City (a reasonably old game now) on 1440p + 4xMSAA using GTX 980 and go to the part where Catwoman fights in the vault room with lots of flying notes and see what heavy application of PhysX can do to a powerful card like 980. So Witcher 3 being already very demanding can kill our GPUs using PhysX. CPU PhysX on the other hand is a less impressive less costly solution but don't take my word on it, I am just assuming that GPU PhysX no longer exist or is quiet reduced based on the fact that it's no longer promoted like this

An official statement will certainly help alleviating doubts.

Thank you! sorry for opening a new topic with this one already open. Since the page changed i repost for clarity.

I want to ask you if my pc with the proper settings can run the game on high settings (with heavy things like shadows on medium), with a resolution of 1920x1080 :
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 @3.3 GHz quadcore
RAM: 8gb
GPU: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7950_Twin_Frozr_3GD5OC.html#hero-specification

I don't think i can handle it on ultra, but i hope i can have some detail on high, like texture and model. Thank you all for the help and sorry for my bad english

Any help guys?

That's an impressive rig there tahirahmed.
2 SSDs and 980 SLI? You're ready to slap this game around.

Thanks mate, I started shelling out money on my rig when I saw recommended requirements for TW3 which kind of disappointed me as I previously had Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X but that card is only mentioned for med-high 1080p/30fps, I absolutely don't want to compromise on this game so 2x GTX 980s and 2x SSDs for TW3 only ;)

I hope this game slap me across the face in terms of graphical fidelity (just like CDPR said) and my rig slap it back in terms of performance.

Thanks mate, I started shelling out money on my rig when I saw recommended requirements for TW3 which kind of disappointed me as I previously had Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X but that card is only mentioned for med-high 1080p/30fps, I absolutely don't want to compromise on this game so 2x GTX 980s and 2x SSDs for TW3 only ;)

I hope this game slap me across the face in terms of graphical fidelity (just like CDPR said) and my rig slap it back in terms of performance.

Me too, Gigabyte G1 970 sli and EVGA 660ti Physx card 2k , w3 bring it!!!

@ 1920 x 1080p, I'm going to guess at medium settings, with a couple 'High' here and there.
Nobody knows for sure until the game releases and gpu drivers mature.

At least i can run it at a decent state so and not at minimum i hope :) thank you. Probably character are going to be high hehe

No it's not stupid because although impressive GPU PhysX is very costly performance wise, just play Arkham City (a reasonably old game now) on 1440p + 4xMSAA using GTX 980 and go to the part where Catwoman fights in the vault room with lots of flying notes and see what heavy application of PhysX can do to a powerful card like 980. So Witcher 3 being already very demanding can kill our GPUs using PhysX. CPU PhysX on the other hand is a less impressive less costly solution but don't take my word on it, I am just assuming that GPU PhysX no longer exist or is quiet reduced based on the fact that it's no longer promoted like this

An official statement will certainly help alleviating doubts.

heavy physx is always better on gpu-side rather than cpu-side,unless the game is not optimised correctly.
otherwise it is simply impossible to have the same performance at the same graphical fidelity on both hardwares...that's because of the architecture of cpus and gpus...
computing particles physics is always better performed on highly parallelized processors,that's what gpus are for...

Guys I want to buy this game to my pc(I have and PS4) but those games I like to play with PC.So my guestion is,is my PC to strong to play this game for really good experience(like PS4 or better )?or i buy the game for PS4 .I want yours opinions…

My specs
is:

CPU :
Core i5-3570 3.4GHz

GPU :
GeForce GTX 970 Asus Strix OC 4GB
Edition

RAM : 12 GB DDR3 1600MHz

Monitor:
Samsung SyncMaster T27B300Screen Res : 1920x1080

Sorry for my bαd English....Thanks

Last edited:
Dear fellow Witchers!

My specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.1 GHz
Asus Strix GTX 970
8 GB RAM @ 2000 MHz

As some of you have mentioned before I assume I should be able to play the game in 1080p at 40 to 50 fps. However, I experienced a concerning drop in fps while playing GTA V whenever I left the city of Los Santos and walked/drove into the wilderness, e.g. Vinewood Hills or the Grand Senora Desert. While my GPU doesn't seem to mind if MSAA is on or off, the level of grass detail is rather what makes the difference. Set on ultra, there is a lot of dynamic grass everywhere, casting shadows and moving in the wind. When I turn it off completely, I can run the game with almost 60 fps wherever I am. So now I am a little concerned about my system, since the grass effects in GTA are a circumstancial problem (you spend a lot of time in the city) while in Witcher 3 there is so much nature everywhere. Just think of that one scene from the latest trailer where you can see the woods and everything is wildly shaking in the wind. I am afraid I might experience massive framerate drops whenever I enter the woods in Witcher 3, which will be a lot more often than in GTA V. Any thoughts on that?

Guest 3790055

Dear fellow Witchers!

As some of you have mentioned before I assume I should be able to play the game in 1080p at 40 to 50 fps. However, I experienced a concerning drop in fps while playing GTA V whenever I left the city of Los Santos and walked/drove into the wilderness, e.g. Vinewood Hills or the Grand Senora Desert. While my GPU doesn't seem to mind if MSAA is on or off, the level of grass detail is rather what makes the difference. Set on ultra, there is a lot of dynamic grass everywhere, casting shadows and moving in the wind. When I turn it off completely, I can run the game with almost 60 fps wherever I am. So now I am a little concerned about my system, since the grass effects in GTA are a circumstancial problem (you spend a lot of time in the city) while in Witcher 3 there is so much nature everywhere. Just think of that one scene from the latest trailer where you can see the woods and everything is wildly shaking in the wind. I am afraid I might experience massive framerate drops whenever I enter the woods in Witcher 3, which will be a lot more often than in GTA V. Any thoughts on that?

GTA V grass at "ultra" is a joke. At high/very high there are still some fps drops but it is ok and it still looks good.

The Witcher 3 hopefully won't have this problem because the game has been developped to run with a good looking vegetation whereas GTA 5 has "good" grass only on the pc port, and the game initially offered ugly vegetation (look at the bushes in the game, even on the pc version). So grass setting is a pc feature (they needed to make some, at least to sell the port) but the game makers didn't have that in mind. It's not the case for TW3.

Last edited by a moderator:
GTA V grass at "ultra" is a joke. At high/very high there are still some fps drops but it is ok and it still looks good.

The Witcher 3 hopefully won't have this problem because the game has been developped to run with a good looking vegetation whereas GTA 5 has "good" grass only on the pc port, and the game initially offered ugly vegetation (look at the bushes in the game, even on the pc version). So grass setting is a pc feature (they needed to make some, at least to sell the port) but the game makers didn't have that in mind. It's not the case for TW3.

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to worry that there might be something wrong with my GPU. And you're right, runs much better with grass on high, still looks good.

Me too, Gigabyte G1 970 sli and EVGA 660ti Physx card 2k , w3 bring it!!!

Nice ! two high end cards and a dedicated PhysX card, I think you have nothing to worry about my friend :)

heavy physx is always better on gpu-side rather than cpu-side,unless the game is not optimised correctly.
otherwise it is simply impossible to have the same performance at the same graphical fidelity on both hardwares...that's because of the architecture of cpus and gpus...
computing particles physics is always better performed on highly parallelized processors,that's what gpus are for...

You're not getting my point mate, I never said that CPU PhysX is better than GPU PhysX. I only said that maybe they reduced PhysX effects to make the game less demanding on GPU or switched entirely to CPU PhysX. They already mentioned that they toned down destruction effects to some extent and I won't be surprised if that means GPU PhysX. High end CPUs can handle moderate amount of PhysX rather well (Metro 2033 Redux being the best example), as for intense PhysX that is only for GPUs to handle and even then it's very demanding.

Secondly Nvidia is quite famous for promoting their features in partner games but so far there are no videos from Nvidia showcasing heavy use of PhysX in TW3 so what hint I should get from that ? and show me one article or interview from devs that mention GPU PhysX (after the slide I have shown in last post). For now we only have APEX Clothing and Destruction which are also part of PhysX but they are calculated on CPUs only.

Please see this thread to understand what I am saying, I would like to be proved wrong with some mind blowing GameWorks trailer but so far it's nothing

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/33898-Should-the-Witcher-3-support-GPU-PhysX-Probably-not

EDIT:

Guys I want to buy this game to my pc(I have and PS4) but those games I like to play with PC.So my guestion is,is my PC to strong to play this game for really good experience(like PS4 or better )?or i buy the game for PS4 .I want yours opinions…

My specs is:

CPU :
Core i5-3570 3.4GHz

GPU :
GeForce GTX 970 Asus Strix OC 4GB
Edition

RAM : 12 GB DDR3 1600MHz

Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster T27B300Screen Res : 1920x1080

Your rig is strong and could probably handle ultra with 45 - 50 fps and ultra is going to look better than PS4 so I say go with PC.

so the 660 its gonna run this game at 1080p all on low ??

No idea but it's the card mentioned in minimum requirements so I say it will do on low with some less demanding things on medium.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply.Because i like to play this game to my pc(i play all witcher to pc).And today(at currently i preorder to pc).Thanks again men....

Top Bottom