Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
just keep in mind danny never played witcher games before, not for a reasonable amount of time at least, and he is pretty experienced with Rockstar games and likes them, so its just the different comparisons people use to express themselves.

I doubt it...I think, and hope, that botchling will transform into something much more spectacular than that... :D

Ay, I was rather surprised how it looks, especially seeing as they've mentioned the thing a couple times, now. I'll wager it has some surprises of its own.

Ay, I was rather surprised how it looks, especially seeing as they've mentioned the thing a couple times, now. I'll wager it has some surprises of its own.
Yup...Poroniec:

I mean, it has to be special... ;)

oh wow, those rain and mud effects on the screen are really bad. I usually like those effects but the look really out of place for me here.
everything else was great.

Is it just me or is this botchling the same creature we saw at the end of Sword of Destiny trailer?

I remember that in one article they mentioned that botchling becomes something much bigger and more dangerous when you fight it, and this thing looks vaguely similar.
Pretty sure that's a ghoul.

Is it just me or is this botchling the same creature we saw at the end of Sword of Destiny trailer?

I remember that in one article they mentioned that botchling becomes something much bigger and more dangerous when you fight it, and this thing looks vaguely similar.

Yes, I believe the Botchling morphs, as you can see in this clip from an older tech trailer: http://a.pomf.se/bhyyws.webm

I really disappointed by rain effect. In SOD trailer we clearly saw the fractal reflection on rain drops. We can see this in uncompressed version of SOD trailer when Geralt was in boat at night time. And the speed of rain drops was natural. But in last video rain drops moved unnatural and was strange, there was not any of fractal reflection which now almost in every modern game we can see this effect.

And another thing i mentioned the video by CDProgect was more impressive by graphics side but gamespot video was emmmm... how to say, a bit meh. I mean facial shaders.There is big differences. I hope the video by CDproject was in ultra setting.

I think the parts I am most excited about include:
- 20 minutes to get from center of Novigrad/No Man's Land Map to City of Novigrad on horseback (though not by most direct route).
- Densely packed world with lots to do ... many villages, etc. etc.
- Brief side by side comparison of P.C. and console graphics.
- Snowstorms on Skellidge. Maybe we'll get thunder snow!
- Currently unreleased fantastical areas (I think book readers have a good idea of where this might be).
- Fighting with other Witchers at Kaer Morhen later in the game.
- "Best Open World" game in terms of how it runs on this console generation so far
- Monsters can hypnotize you or disappear and run away. .
- Botchling.
- Preview of tomorrows video - main quest, side quests and etc. Wut. I think I'm gonna wait till I hear from some of you all before I decide if I can watch that. My be too spoiler-y even for me.

Generally I love the Gamespot video of the info that was given and the material that was shown. But one thing worried or bugs me and it was that it was said that there were many abandoned villages out there. That fact together with the gameplay trailer about you can rid a village of monsters and people will move in make me think that it might be a common theme throughout the world. And that I really don't hope. It is a great idea and good mechanic if it happens two or three times but if it is more than that it will just become repetitive and "Far Cry like".

Generally I love the Gamespot video of the info that was given and the material that was shown. But one thing worried or bugs me and it was that it was said that there were many abandoned villages out there. That fact together with the gameplay trailer about you can rid a village of monsters and people will move in make me think that it might be a common theme throughout the world. And that I really don't hope. It is a great idea and good mechanic if it happens two or three times but if it is more than that it will just become repetitive and "Far Cry like".

In some cases when you kill the monsters in an area, humans will settle it. In the prologue there’s actually a cutscene that shows is as it happens so that the players understand the mechanic. It’s not always so simple, and there are different states. Whenever you go into an area the game will check what you have and what you haven’t done, who you helped, who you killed, the decisions you made during quests and dialogue. That can change a lot of things, including the people that spawn in a village. The mechanic is simple, but it can get complex because of all the branching.

"It’s not always so simple" ;)

Top Bottom