User Interface Comparison

+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Since the latest build changed the layout and colour of the User Interface, some people have expressed something less than admiration for the solid black and grey. The previous scheme from 2014 was a bit more colourful and dynamic in style. While the more recent UI has its commendable aspects, perhaps a hybrid of the two would have better served? Which would you find more attractive?

Below are some examples for comparison:

2014:

2015:

Attachments

• TW3 Red UI 3.jpg
    TW3 Red UI 3.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 340
  • TW3 Red UI 1.jpg
    TW3 Red UI 1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 717
  • TW3 Black UI1.jpeg
    TW3 Black UI1.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,004
  • TW3 Black UI 2.jpg
    TW3 Black UI 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 161
  • TW3 Black UI 3.jpg
    TW3 Black UI 3.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

wazaa

Forum veteran
Tje new interface is much more clean, and modern. It is a minitalistic interface that by now(i need to play the game to be completly sure) shows me all I need in a fast way, with no graphics that can distract me from the things that had to focus my interest

Whatever works better with KB/M. Function > Form (Although both would be preferable)

That said, something to keep in mind is the amount of vocal disdain the original UI received when it was revealed. Mostly people wanted it to be cleaner, simpler, and that's most likely why we've seen the change. Of course the irony now being that people prefer the old one... It just simply isn't going to be possible to please all with a UI.

TW1 icon Style for the win i say. The UI layout is good so far.
It just lacks the appeal of the TW1 icons.

I edited the meditation timer some time ago:

So Hybrid between TW3 and TW1 UI it is!!!

Attachments

• TW3_Meditation_Timer2.jpg
    TW3_Meditation_Timer2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
TW1 icon Style for the win i say. The UI layout is good so far.
It just lacks the appeal of the TW1 icons.

I edited the meditation timer some time ago:

So Hybrid between TW3 and TW1 UI it is!!!

I saw your edit before, and thought it would look good in the game. I still think so -- nice work! I miss The Witcher style, too.

2015 is ok for me, but just a little thing about meditation, dark space front of Geralt looks not good, why don't they use the style of 2014 or put something is colorful right at there? :lol:

I saw your edit before, and thought it would look good in the game. I still think so -- nice work! I miss The Witcher style, too.

Nah not really, just a lazy copy + paste shoot if you look closer you can see it.
Might i recommend / ask to change the poll? Or add the option

TW1 / TW3 Hybrid? since this option would work for all TW3 UI screens we ve seen so far.
Not only the Red or only the Black one.

Last edited:
I'd have to say the Red 2014 version is my pick of the bunch. I feel it pays homage to games past and prefer it to the minimalist design of the new version. Thats not to say I wouldn't be able to get use to it, just wish it was an option we could select.

Nah not really, just a lazy copy + paste shoot if you look closer you can see it.
If you say so. I see naught wrong with it.

Might i recommend / ask to change the poll? Or add the option TW1 / TW3 Hybrid? since this option would work for all TW3 UI screens we ve seen so far. Not only the Red or only the Black one.

I considered that, and while I really favour the concept myself, I wanted to keep this poll specifically on the two UIs we've seen for The Wild Hunt. As not everyone has played the previous games, or may not have had high opinions of their UIs, I thought it better to limit the choices.

Last edited:
@rivenll

ah i understand.... to bad then because i think a Hybrid between the old school TW1 and current TW3
UI would be awesome. Even more since the RED Designers can do definatly a better job at it than me :D
with my poor CS2 skillz hahahaha

I really miss the TW1 icons ... *sighs*

The 2015 UI is better designed, but i'm not a fan of the coloring. So i went with a hybrid of the two. Just add more color to the current UI. Dark blue would go nicely with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom