Witcher 3 - questions about game release, editions, languages etc.

+

Guest 3801889

Hello!

Id like to know if the Witcher 3 will be censored for PS4 in Canada?

Anyone knows?

Thank you

Im talking about the PSN version (digital) from canadian playstation store?

Anyone knows?

Im talking about the PSN version (digital) from canadian playstation store?

Anyone knows?

I don't KNOW the answer, not 100%, but is there any reason why it would be? Canada doesn't usually censor video games, does it? It just uses the ratings system.

Hey, it would be possible to start downloading game a few days before may 19? I mean, something like with GTA V PC release?

That hurts... really? Deep disapointing, so by one unaccurate study we are not good enough? Why did CDPR no ask for a second opinion having in mind that TW3 has been for 2 years the most expected game?

Queridos Amigos,

Nos encantaría ser capaces de realizar la versión española de The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt completamente doblada, pero a estas alturas, es simplemente imposible desde el punto de vista de producción. Así es como funciona. Cuando planeamos lanzar uno de nuestros juegos completamente doblado, lo primero que tenemos que hacer es echar un vistazo al historial de ventas de nuestros juegos en una región determinada. A continuación, escuchamos la recomendación de nuestro socio para ese mercado en concreto. Entonces cogemos todos los datos, los examinamos, y sopesamos si tiene sentido desde un punto de vista financiero el doblarlo íntegramente (o incluso si tiene sentido localizarlo). En el caso de The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, el problema era aún mayor, pues la completa localización de un juego tan enorme es un proceso gigantesco y muy caro (pensad en varios cientos de miles de Euros sólo por la grabación y el reparto de actores). Cuando comparamos los números de anteriores ventas en España con el pronóstico que tenemos para el próximo juego, el resultado fue que perderíamos dinero literalmente en todas las ventas que hiciésemos del juego. Somos los primeros en decir que el dinero no lo es todo, pero tenemos que pagar facturas, y los salarios de toda la gente que trabaja en el estudio.

Merece la pena señalar que nuestro socio local VOLVIÓ a nosotros con un pronóstico de ventas incrementado en España y la recomendación de localizar el juego completamente, voces incluidas. Desgraciadamente, la re-evaluación de la situación llegó a nosotros demasiado tarde como para finalizar el proceso a tiempo. Con enorme pesar, tuvimos que desestimar la idea de un doblaje al español para Wild Hunt. Os aseguramos, sin embargo, que os hemos escuchado y que recordaremos vuestras palabras mientras desarrollamos nuestros futuros títulos. Lo sentimos de veras y os pedimos perdón si os hemos decepcionado. Sin embargo, también esperamos que seáis capaces de comprendernos.

Con cariño,
CDP RED Team

Con cariño desde el Sur.

Question about subtitles

Hi, I'd like to pre-order the Collector's Edition of TW3 WH (PS4). But before I'd like to know if the UK version of the game has the ITALIAN Subtitles.
Hope that someone can help me.
Best Regards.

Daniela:animier:

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to pre-order the Collector's Edition of TW3 WH (PS4). But before I'd like to know if the UK version of the game has the ITALIAN Subtitles.
Hope that someone can help me.
Best Regards.

Sadly, we already know it doesn't from a recent post.

The UK edition contains English, Czech, Russian, Polish and Hungarian text and English, Russian and Polish VO.

Still, I asked what will the alternatives be for console players who want to play in a language not included in the version they bought, so we might know more when the REDs will start answering the questions from this thread. Shouldn't take long. :)

Thanks a lot for your answer ZHYPHIX. I was ready to preorder it on amazon uk but your answer save me to spend (a lot) of money for nothing.. By me it's really a bad thing that, european version of a game hasn't all the EU languages for subtitles.. Anyway I'm agree with you when you say about future REDs answers..;)
Best Regards.

Thanks a lot for your answer ZHYPHIX. I was ready to preorder it on amazon uk but your answer save me to spend (a lot) of money for nothing.. By me it's really a bad thing that, european version of a game hasn't all the EU languages for subtitles.. Anyway I'm agree with you when you say about future REDs answers..;)
Best Regards.

Preordering on Amazon only requires you to pay at the game's release, so you could cancel it without any concern until just about May 19. Since availability is a bit tight for the Collector's Edition, you may want to secure your copy until we know more on the matter, just in case they run out again. Unless you have other means of finding one, of course; other European versions of the game, such as the German one, include Italian among the text options.

Anyway, you're welcome! Glad I could be of help. :)

Is the game region lock ?
I mean, if I buy the ps4 UK version of the game can ai play the game in Italy ?
And if I buy the season pass from psn Italy and the game is from Uk, is is compatible ?

"The languages available for PS4 versions, like PC [retail] versions, depend on the region in which you buy the game." Will language packs unsupported by retail version be available to download separately? I Need portuguese VO with polish or english subs and vice versa. :)

1) What languages can we expect the game to include per region and platform? as per Dragonbird's post, with specific explaination about voice overs and subtitles part
2) Any plans for Linux and MAC
3) Are you fully convinced there is no way to leak any spoilers based on per-downloaded data? Or is there a risk?
4) Will your servers be ready on May 19th and that include forum server? We experienced some bad blackouts in the past
5) If the game is very successful would you consider different languages voice overs?
6)How you are going to reward forum moderators for their hard work and pain of a duty to deal with lots of spoilers after the release?
7) Will part of the team be allocated to Cyberpunk 2077 game after the release of the main game or all the team will continue to work on Wither Expansion pass?

Well last question will not be answered probably, but hey worth to try

Just added four more questions:
8 - Which regions will have Witcher 3 versions censored in anyway with a detailed explanation what will be censored and how?
9) As the release is at 1am Polish time, will all the RED team be on duty in the middle of the night? :)
10) Some asked why XBox One version per-download file is 25GB (30GB after install) vs 35GB for PS4. We know different resolutions, but can someone just explain what exactly takes less space, or is there a specific compression?
11) Would you know if NVidia and AMD will release Witcher 3 drivers? Are you communicating with them about it?

Would love to hear answers from cdpred for some of those questions...
And if latest MAC OS X system support OpenGL will it work on macs?

Still no answers on the questions ? I went into shadows as I don't want to see any more content before release now but please provide an answer about censorship in different regions. I am interested in GoG version, thanks.

I'm most interest about this Q&A and @Kinley's one than any journalist-youtuber reviews....

That early? :D Great news! I mean sure, they need some time to review the game properly but i thought there would be a NDA that lasts until sometime into may, shortly before release.
27th is the embargo for the youtubers who visited CDPR and played the game for like 8-12 hours. They will release gameplay videos, impressions and interviews next week. The actual reviews will appear only after May 11th I think.

Last edited:
27th is the embargo for the youtubers who visited CDPR and played the game for like 8-12 hours. They will release gameplay videos, impressions and interviews next week. The actual reviews will appear only after May 11th I think.

Ah okay, thx for that :) Well it would have been very early indeed ^^

I think boxed versions will come with a gog key, look here:

http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/268-buy-key-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/

This site buys large amount of boxed games and then sells the key. So, what does that mean:

1) boxed versions need to be activated at gog thus the drm free part of the disks is a lie
2) boxed versions come with an extra free gog key thus making them easy to be sold, making the ones who only pre-ordered at gog look like idiots because we won't have the physical disks and we won't be able to get extra cash for selling the key (in case we wanted to)

Both answers are BAD, this a typical witcher situation.

I'd like to know the answer SOON because if it is number 2 I think I still can cancel the pre-order at gog and get a boxed one....

Actually, there it is 10€ cheaper for the gog key....

Last edited:
Top Bottom