map

+

Attachments

• tretogor.jpg
    tretogor.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 59
:(
I was under the impression that Oxrnfurt was the capital of Redania...
So,why would Radovid go to Oxenfurt?I guess we would have to wait and find out.
By that pic,Oxenfurt seems like 1,5-2 times the size of Vizima's temple quarter,which is good i guess.

:(
I was under the impression that Oxrnfurt was the capital of Redania...
Nope. Actually Oxenfurt is a "free" city within Redania - like Novigrad. ;)

So,why would Radovid go to Oxenfurt?I guess we would have to wait and find out.
Well, Nilfgaard has to take Oxenfurt if they want to invade Radania and get to Tretogor (at least it's the "easiest" way to get a toehold into the country). Oxenfurt is the logical place to be for Radovid in the current situation if you ask me. As long as Redania holds this city they probably keep the biggest parts of the blacks on the southern side of the Pontar. ;)

heiko klinge the chief editor at gamestar said that novigrad is the biggest city in witcher 3 and oxenfurt the second biggest
he said that there are like 12 or more villages but that we shouldn't look at size because the world is so magic and unique
that the game plays very well and everything makes sense. he also said that the ecosystem in witcher 3 is unique too and
that cd projekt worked very hard to create a very authentic world

It gets used more in the expansion.
(It also appears that there is one island in some images/maps, and two in others... This second island may not be accessible at this point??)

Looks pretty good, we can't expect cities as detailed as in AC games, this is still better than RPG standards nowadays I guess (I don't play a lot of RPGs).
The sizes in TW3 are actually fairly realistic for Medieval cities, which were quite small inside their walls and only held a few thousand people; a ten thousand people city would already have been a giant metropolis. And based on the maps currently available, it would seem that the University is playable area, though whether we can attend classes is a different matter.

Wait I thought oxenfurt was one of the towns in the expansion.
Nope. Only the second expansion gives any new areas, namely Touissant. The first expansion simply adds new NPCs, quests and items, and possibly some minor areas like buildings, not entire towns or regions.

And Oxenfurt is a small town built around a large university, so I doubt there will be armies in the city like the pic displays.
Oxenfurt is at the border between the occupied temeria and Redania, it's a strategic point close to the frontline so it seems logical that there will be a lot of soldiers, it will probably be Radovid's HQ
I don't think they will be a lot of students left in the city.

The sizes in TW3 are actually fairly realistic for Medieval cities, which were quite small inside their walls and only held a few thousand people; a ten thousand people city would already have been a giant metropolis. And based on the maps currently available, it would seem that the University is playable area, though whether we can attend classes is a different matter.

Novigrad has almost about 30,000 inhabitants according to the books... ;)

And Oxenfurt in the books, detailed by the one and only Dandelion:

The area of the university was encircled by a wall and another circle surrounded the wall - the big, noisy, breathless, active and garrulous ring of the townlet. Of the wooden, colorful townlet Oxenfurt with its narrow alleys and its spiky roofs. Of the townlet Oxenfurt that subsisted on its academy, on its students, lecturers, scientists and visitors, that subsisted on its science, on everything that accompanied the cognitive process. Since from all the waste and slivers of theories in the townlet Oxenfurt arose practice, business and profit.

The poet slowly rode along a dirty, crowdy alleyway, past workshops and all kinds of bigger and smaller shops in which, due to the academy, thousands of products and miraculous things were produced and sold, things that weren't available in other parts of the world and whose production was considered impossible or inappropritate in other parts of the world. He rode past restaurants, hostels, taverns, stalls and portable grills which exuded the tempting scent of fancy dishes which were unknown in other parts of the world, made in certain ways that wasn't known elsewhere, with spices and ingredients that nobody knew or used elsewhere. That was Oxenfurt, the colorful, cheerful, noisy and aromatic townlet of miracles that clever and initiatve people had created, based on the dry and useless theory that seeped through the walls of the university every now and then. It also was the townlet of pastime, of an endless celebration, of an ongoing holiday and of neverending debaucheries. The alleys sounded day and night of music, singing, the chinking of glasses and the touching of tankards, since, as is well known, nothing makes one as thirsty as the process of gaining knowledges. Although a decree of the principal prohibited students and bachelors from drinking and feasting before sunset people drank and feasted all day long in Oxenfurt because if there is anything that makes one even thirstier than the process of gaining knowledge it's, as is well known, a full or halfway prohibition.

from "Blood of Elves", Andrzej Sapkowski

I really hope Oxenfurt will live up to that colorful description in the game. Would be a shame if it was just a normal town with soldiers now... ;)

Last edited:
Novigrad has almost about 30,000 inhabitants according to the books... ;)

I imagine that all the cities have felt the effect of war in lowering populations, as people get pressganged into armies. I remember that the developers stated the number of NPCs in Novigrad being measured in thousands, but I can't recall if it stretches to tens of thousands.

I'm sure that Oxenfurt still retains some of its original charm, though there'll undoubtedly be increased military presence and all the tension that entails.

Talking about Oxenfurt reminds me - is La Valette on the map? I notice someone asked a month ago, but it didn't seem clear.

I'd love for the Aryan decision to have some impact on this, maybe it's the last surviving outpost of Temeria, under siege but still holding out.

Talking about Oxenfurt reminds me - is La Valette on the map?

I don't think it's in there, I think it is just east of the No Mans Land map... I would have loved to have the LaValette castle and township on the map!
I've drawn where it seems to be on top of @Phinnway 's after checking the Witcher 2 map. Really unfortunate that its just outside of the map, would have loved a chance to assault it again, or attempt to protect it instead!

Attachments

• Tretogor&Lavalette.jpg
    Tretogor&Lavalette.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom