The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
performance on my pc

Hello!
I really want to know if my camputer can run The Witcher 3 properly
HD Radeon 7800 Series
AMD Phenom 955 II X4
8 Gb Ram

its powerfull enogh to run the game?

Hello!
I really want to know if my camputer can run The Witcher 3 properly
HD Radeon 7800 Series
AMD Phenom 955 II X4
8 Gb Ram

its powerfull enogh to run the game?

The rest of your system is fine. The interesting question is, which 7800 series card? 7830, 7850, 7870, 7850 XT?

The 7870 is the minimum-spec AMD card. Other 78xx's should play the game, but maybe on medium or even low settings.

Hi,
I only have 4GB of system RAM and a Radeon 5830 with 1GB of VRAM. My question is: I will be able to start W3 like Watch Dogs or I'll get an error message like COD:Ghost? Any idea?

Hi,
I only have 4GB of system RAM and a Radeon 5830 with 1GB of VRAM. My question is: I will be able to start W3 like Watch Dogs or I'll get an error message like COD:Ghost? Any idea?

That machine is way under spec, so I'm certain you won't be able to run it.. Best advice is either to upgrade to a more modern PC, or get a PS4 or Xbox One.

That machine is way under spec, so I'm certain you won't be able to run it.. Best advice is either to upgrade to a more modern PC, or get a PS4 or Xbox One.
I'm aware that my machine is under spec but I made a specific question: if the game will start anyway or I'll get an error message at launch. I know It's not easy to answer before release but I was hoping that maybe it had been clarified somewhere else in the forum. Thanks.

I'm aware that my machine is under spec but I made a specific question: if the game will start anyway or I'll get an error message at launch. I know It's not easy to answer before release but I was hoping that maybe it had been clarified somewhere else in the forum. Thanks.

There's no way to know at this point until you get it. Some games are finicky like that, and will not start if it detects a system that's well under the minimum specs.. And then some might start, but crash during the start up phase, or shortly after you start playing when the game finds out there isn't enough memory to run itself on.

There's no way to know at this point until you get it. Some games are finicky like that, and will not start if it detects a system that's well under the minimum specs.. And then some might start, but crash during the start up phase, or shortly after you start playing when the game finds out there isn't enough memory to run itself on.
I'll try hoping that It'll be like Watch Dogs, I've no other way.

its not like the pc is gonna explode or a window is gonna apear like saying FU you cant play the game , do you think cd project will do that? (the game will no open if there are no minimun requeriments ) alienating like 70% of pc gamers(based on steam suvery) the minimun specs are meant to play at 1080@30fps maybe medium low you can always lower the res

its not like the pc is gonna explode or a window is gonna apear like saying FU you cant play the game , do you think cd project will do that? (the game will no open if there are no minimun requeriments ) alienating like 70% of pc gamers(based on steam suvery) the minimun specs are meant to play at 1080@30fps maybe medium low you can always lower the res

Not sure what you're trying to say here. Clearly his PC is well below the minimum spec. The 5830 isn't even supported by AMD anymore, and likely, the game won't even recognize his system and refuse to start..

I hope so.

like watch dogs?
that pc doesn't meet the minimum sys spec, the game won't even start
I only read this: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/confi...ith-4gb-ram-there-wont-be-any-lock-mechanism/

Regardless of whether or not the game checks and kicks you out, if you have a card that's a LONG way below minimum specs, there's a risk that the game won't be playable, no matter how low you turn down the settings. If you can't upgrade, hold off buying the game until after it's released and someone else has tried it.

Regardless of whether or not the game checks and kicks you out, if you have a card that's a LONG way below minimum specs, there's a risk that the game won't be playable, no matter how low you turn down the settings. If you can't upgrade, hold off buying the game until after it's released and someone else has tried it.
I'll take the risk, I erroneously did't check the requirements and pre-ordered It because until today I had no problem with any other game. I could cancel the pre-order but, even if I can not play, I consider buying W3 a way to support CDPR because I think they deserve It and maybe there is a new PC in the near future... ;)

HELP Will my pc run this

HI,

I have a gaming laptop- I can run all my games at max settings (witcher 2,elder scrolls online ,etc..)

sager(clevo) p170SM
16 gig of ram
intel I7 4810MQ
880m 8gig

Does any know if red projekt has tested it on a 880m gpu ? I wonder what settings I will have to be at to get it to run decent ? Or should I just buy ps4 or xbox one version >? HELP !!:)

can i run the whitcher 3

Then there's no question anymore, I have an i5 (I think that one in the minimum reqs) and a GTX560 Ti, so...

hcan i run the witcher 3 whit this pc and at what grafic level

Intel® Core™ i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost
Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 graphics with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 -NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
Intel 7260 802.11ac 2x2 Wireless, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0

The rest of your system is fine. The interesting question is, which 7800 series card? 7830, 7850, 7870, 7850 XT?

The 7870 is the minimum-spec AMD card. Other 78xx's should play the game, but maybe on medium or even low settings.

its only says that I have 7800 Series (i do not know why but software like EVEREST tell me only that) but what i can say that its 2 GB VRAM (sorry about my english)

its only says that I have 7800 Series (i do not know why but software like EVEREST tell me only that) but what i can say that its 2 GB VRAM (sorry about my english)

Try GPU-Z and see what that tells you, or open the case and see what the badge on the GPU says.

DirectX and software that just reads the DirectX output often fails to make a distinction of exact model, but in this case the difference between a 7830 and a 7870, or a 7850 and a 7850XT, is crucial.

I've read that the GeForce GTX 970 4GB actually is 3.5GB and some users have said the remaining half gigabyte runs 80 percent slower than it's supposed to. That can cause images to stutter on a high resolution screen and some games to perform poorly..

Is this something to worry about? I would imagine The Witcher 3 would want to use the whole 4GB if you want that extra good graphics?

Sometimes the Internet confuses me. But I google and this was said in February or something.

Last edited:
HI,

I have a gaming laptop- I can run all my games at max settings (witcher 2,elder scrolls online ,etc..)

sager(clevo) p170SM
16 gig of ram
intel I7 4810MQ
880m 8gig

Does any know if red projekt has tested it on a 880m gpu ? I wonder what settings I will have to be at to get it to run decent ? Or should I just buy ps4 or xbox one version >? HELP !!:)

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get good performance out of that laptop using a combination of high and medium settings. Should easily be able to at least equal what the PS4 is offering, if not slightly better..

Top Bottom