The Witcher 3 doesn't seem as magical as The Witcher 2?

+
but he saw some footage and thinks to see enough to deduce that witcher 2 has more magic
that is his own privilege but in all honesty i think he will be wrong about that

TW2 is in my humble opinion, one of the best looking games ever made. It was the perfect marriage of solid art direction with graphical tech. And to me, it's kind of crazy that they seem to have maintained the same quality in TW3 despite going open world. There's only one example I can think of where TW2 looks better, and that's the dark, subterranean environments. But I've only seen a slice of TW3. I might change my view once I get the game in my hands.

I like it that tw3 looks more grounded than most other fantasy games. Most characters we see are humans and most landscapes look down to earth.
This makes the fantastic elements stand out. Seeing a wyvern flying in a magical over the top forest doesnt make you feel like that creature is out of place and uniqly magical, but a magical element where its rare looks more special and something to behold.
Like in game of thrones - when you see witchcraft and dragons they seem more impressive because magic is rare in that world.

TW2 is in my humble opinion, one of the best looking games ever made. It was the perfect marriage of solid art direction with graphical tech. And to me, it's kind of crazy that they seem to have maintained the same quality in TW3 despite going open world. There's only one example I can think of where TW2 looks better, and that's the dark, subterranean environments. But I've only seen a slice of TW3. I might change my view once I get the game in my hands.

I take it you never played TW2 on XB360 then, because it looked nothing as good as what I have seen of the PC version.
Not even close.

I think I remember reading that there won't be any Elves settlement or cities in the game?

That's because the ONLY elven settlements in the world are in Valley of Flowers squatting in the mountains between Aedirn and Lyria, FAR away from the playable area.

but he saw some footage and thinks to see enough to deduce that witcher 2 has more magic
that is his own privilege but in all honesty i think he will be wrong about that

I hope I am wrong about that. I'm just discussing my fear with the Witcher 3. The footage I seen so far or what CDPR have shown hasn't impress me the way Witcher 2 did.

I know Witcher 3 will be a better game than Witcher 2, but the whole thing or the whole point of this thread is whether it will be just as magical as Witcher 2 cause most of the Witcher 2 region are not in the Witcher 3.

Be careful what you wish for.
For the night is dark and full of spoilers.

Don't you want your first magical experience to be in the game and not on YouTube
... Winter is coming!

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
For the night is dark and full of spoilers.

Don't you want your first magical experience to be in the game and not on YouTube
... Winter is coming!

I check Youtube everyday to see if there any new video gameplay footage of the Witcher 3, but none so far. We are close to the release date (unless push back) and still not many videos on it.

I check Youtube everyday to see if there any new video gameplay footage of the Witcher 3, but none so far. We are close to the release date (unless push back) and still not many videos on it.
https://youtu.be/nYwe_WHARdc
https://youtu.be/Y7yXseaIT7Y
https://youtu.be/X8Bh7esrGkM
This is all I need to see - I want to play the game for sure! ;)
I don't think I personally would want to see more.. I want to see more for myself when playing the game, you know!?

That's because the ONLY elven settlements in the world are in Valley of Flowers squatting in the mountains between Aedirn and Lyria, FAR away from the playable area.

Well, if I remember correctly from the books, many of the human cities are built on top of old Elven cities.
So who knows, there might be areas deep beneath some cities that lead to some ancient Elven areas. One can hope. :)

Well, if I remember correctly from the books, many of the human cities are built on top of old Elven cities.
So who knows, there might be areas deep beneath some cities that lead to some ancient Elven areas. One can hope. :)

To repeat myself:

Miles Tost, in the Forum Q&A Spotlight , mentioned he pushed -- successfully -- for Elven ruins in the game.

eliharel asked:
It's said in the books that many main human cities were built on elven ones, such as Novigrad. Did you keep this in mind when designing them? If so, what did you do to give that vague elven foundation? Or did you work under the concept that it's been such a long time ago that there's barely any elven touch le
ft?

Always something that I remembered from the books and I always tried to bring up and pester people whenever there was a chance for it. Without going into further detail, all I can say so far is:
Mission successful.

(http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34251-Developer-Spotlight-Miles-Tost)

Last edited:

Oh well, Novigrad is said to have extensive sewer system, there will definitely be some remains of elven achritecture down there.
IIRC even Vizima sewers were connected to elven ruins you can see in bank robery mission. At least I think they were elven.

Do you mean not many videos in total of TW3? Because there's over an hour and a half of different gameplay footage from E3 2014 until today, not including trailers. I can list down the different videos in that hour and a half calculation if you'd like. I think that's a huge amount, even without the videos of YouTubers that will air today.

No, it doesn't. W2 looked ridiculusly colorful, all those blur effecs made the game sometimes almost unplayable.

This looks like some kind of high fantasy japanese bullshitty mmorpeg, not a realistic Witcher world. God, I'm glad they didn't go that way again.

Attachments

• 20920_screenshots_2014-04-26_00002.jpg
    20920_screenshots_2014-04-26_00002.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 79
  • 20920_screenshots_2014-04-24_00008.jpg
    20920_screenshots_2014-04-24_00008.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20920_screenshots_2014-04-24_00020.jpg
    20920_screenshots_2014-04-24_00020.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 82
This screen wasn't made by me, I turned off all that stupid blures and other effects, but the game at times still looked strangely blurred, like some kind of a partly washed out painting:

Btw, look at Geralt...

Also, watch this let's play:

Absurd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom