Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Looks great - but the underwater movements aren't as good, the power of the wind if WAY to high - the trees are looking almost to be breaking from it, the waves on the see when there's a storm on the other hand are small and not wild enough (VGX trailer had that great), the lack of animation of passing of time in meditation mode is disappointing

But yeah, it's not the final build of the game, so it would be great if atleast that wind wouldn't be so crazy as he is in this videos.. anyway, the details, the character models, their faces - facial animations, combat, dialogs, graphics, music, etc. look really, really great

I have been really impressed so far by most of what I have seen from the YouTubers. The game for the most part look stunningly. Together with the wind and weather effects and the ambient sounds its very immersive and atmospheric. And to see the seemly transition between inside and outside is hugely impressive.

What I didn't like however was the purple haze at Skellige (I presume). That will get old soon to me personally. And I didn't like the sailing. It just seemed far to unrealistic and boring. And then somehow to make it interesting they went and placed random treasures all over. I really dislike that. This isn't Ubisoft.

Last edited:
i'd watch the videos but i don't want the game to be spoiled for me >.<
so i was wondering if any of you would be able to make some sort summary for the points you may have noticed on the video (alchemy system, sailing, interaction with NPCs etc)
thanks in advance :D

The best video has Piet Smiet - Skellige environment, monsters, really good fights... just watch, it's beautiful.
Link?

Am I the only one who will use the mod tools just to create an entire camp of black ones, walk through it (trying to make it feel believable and catch the atmosphere of a military camp) and at the end of the day... Release a dragon on it or just pit two armies against each other ;P (let's hope the AI of foe and friend are availible in the modding tools), I'll make my own gwent game.

I really only like Gopher's vid, the others I either do not understand (language)... or in the case of AngryJoe, I get really irritated by it. Just their constant fcking around is what gets me, they have a chance to play a extremely anticipated game. And they use it to do stupid stuff, like the german 'journalist' by killing geese and cows...
Come on Jesse Cox, let's hope you bring us something good... if not you then it has to be Dodger.

What I didn't like however was the purple haze at Skellige (I presume). That will get old soon to me personally. And I didn't like the sailing. It just seemed far to unrealistic and boring. And then somehow to make it interesting they went placed random treasures all over. I really dislike that. This isn't Ubisoft.

Yep, I agree. Put some random treasures all around the world is the cheapest way to make the exploration interesting.

And then somehow to make it interesting they went placed random treasures all over. I really dislike that. This isn't Ubisoft.
Yeah, that's really disappointing. I thought that Witcher 3 would neither be a Ubisoft nor a Bethesda style game with random loot and chests just placed somewhere in the world without "proper" context...

Yep, I agree. Put some random treasures all around the world is the cheapest way to make the exploration interesting.
It's the best way to damage your own world design and to make the sense of exploration in your game feeling cheap and generic...

Yeah, that's really disappointing. I thought that Witcher 3 would neither be a Ubisoft nor a Bethesda style game with random loot and chests just placed somewhere in the world without "proper" context...

How do you know they're random? Haven't watched all the YouTube-Content yet, but the stuff I watches wasn't random. And as long as you can turn of these markers it'll be fine. My main issue in Ubisoft-Games isn't the content per se, but the ridiculously overflowing map to the point where you can't actually see the single icons anymore because they're overlaying each other.

The best video has Piet Smiet - Skellige environment, monsters, really good fights... just watch, it's beautiful.

To be honest Piets video just annoyed me... he just does to much useless blah blah blah... and yes i understood
everything he said there.... obviously.

AJ, Other Joe and Gopher did a far better job here. AJ and OJ talking very much too, but it is not annoying.

Last edited:
How do you know they're random? Haven't watched all the YouTube-Content yet, but the stuff I watches wasn't random. And as long as you can turn of these markers it'll be fine. My main issue in Ubisoft-Games isn't the content per se, but the ridiculously overflowing map to the point where you can't actually see the single icons anymore because they're overlaying each other.

Random or placed is really irrelevant. It is a unflattering and cheap way to make fillers in a open world game that brings absolutely no quality to the game whatsoever. It's rinse and repeat over and over. Ubisoft is well known for this kind of fillers in their titles to somehow create an illusion of lots of things to do.

I have to admit I am disappointed to see CDPR apparently do the same thing.

Random or placed is really irrelevant. It is a unflattering and cheap way to make fillers in a open world game that brings absolutely no quality to the game whatsoever. It's rinse and repeat over and over. Ubisoft is well known for this kind of fillers in their titles to somehow create an illusion of lots of things to do.

I have to admit I am disappointed to see CDPR apparently do the same thing.

You get 50 Hours of Main Quest.. 50 hours of Sidequest that are even connected to the Mainquest... and you are annoyed by some lootchests in the water?

Really??? Damn your nitpicky

You get 50 Hours of Main Quest.. 50 hours of Sidequest that are even connected to the Mainquest... and you are annoyed by some lootchests in the water?

Really??? Damn your nitpicky

I love an underwater lootchest. Knowing CDRP, there'll be a reason for it. An overturned cart stradling a bridge, or somesuch.

Top Bottom