TW3 Save game import

+
Witcher 2 only AFAIK.

Well thats sort of sad.
I never could make myself play the first game more than once, so for the import to TW2 i just downloaded someone else's save-file that was OK apart from 1 thing - it had Ziegfried of Denesle dead, even though in description it was said that he is alive. I just thought this guy could apear in TW3, given his origin and position.

Guest 3790055

I think even if Siegfried is alive, if you stay neutral in TW1, he won't be in TW2.

I kinda doubt that gear will be transfered. What about console players, how would it work for them?

It works by them buying the proper version of the game, silly. :comeatmebro:

Jokes aside, I doubt it too, but it shouldn't involve a lot of work. And if the equipment is imported, it won't be incredibly powerful, just like W2, so the console players won't feel "left out" or something.

do you guys think the actual import is more detailed than the conversation we can have in the prologue? I've heard for example (not sure where) that we can get our witcher 2 tattoo if we import, but I doubt we can talk a tattoo onto our neck.

Important Question:

Recently, my harddrive crashed and I lost about a years worth of gaming saves. With W3 coming out soon, I was really upset, since I had created my ultimate playthrough months earlier.

That said, I heard that the console version will have a bard who you can answer, early on in the game. Will this bard also be found in the PC version and be utilized in the same fashion? Because that would save me a giant headache, since right now I don't have time for another extensive playthrough of W2.

This is good news, though, what does that mean for item imports? Will they just magically appear in our inventory?

Items won't carry over at all, as far as we know.

That's unfortunate, as some of the ultimate gear was gorgeous. I mean sure I understand it would most likely be underpowered in the long run, but it would be nice for a little bit of consistency, you know? Like, I don't think I ever parted with the sword the dryad gave me in W1, for instance.

You get the best sword in The Witcher 2 and you transfer it to The Witcher 3 and suddenly Geralt can't use it anymore, level 30 sword. You not going to get to get to use a good sword at the start of the game. So either way, pointless carring over items to The Witcher 3. If you want item nostalgia, just replay The Witcher 2.

You get the best sword in The Witcher 2 and you transfer it to The Witcher 3 and suddenly Geralt can't use it anymore, level 30 sword. You not going to get to get to use a good sword at the start of the game. So either way, pointless carring over items to The Witcher 3. If you want item nostalgia, just replay The Witcher 2.

I liked their approach in Witcher 1 > Witcher 2..I used Raven's Armor and the two swords I imported for the prologue and half of chapter 1.

It really gives at least a material sense that you have imported your saves into the final game alongside your choices, if you get what I mean...even if the items are downscaled to level 1..it doesn't matter..what matters is the fact that YOUR Geralt with YOUR gear is continuing from the point where Witcher 2 ended.

Last edited:
I liked their approach in Witcher 1 > Witcher 2..I used Raven's Armor and the two swords I imported for the prologue and half of chapter 1.

It really gives at least a material sense that you have imported your saves into the final game alongside your choices, if you get what I mean...even if the items are downscaled to level 1..it doesn't matter..what matters is the fact that YOUR Geralt with YOUR gear is continuing from the point where Witcher 2 ended.

My sentiments exactly.

Top Bottom