Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Long time lurker, first post here; hey all \o

I have a great doubt: look here ( 3 screens);
http://imgur.com/8TC1LV2,WlSSzom,Vn7Kx6O

Question is: no common graphic settings? Shadows, FXAA, AA etc? Medium, Low, High, ON this, OFF that...nothing?
Maybe graphic options were locked for the test? Maybe an old build?

If someone can explain this i'll really appreciate it.

Hail to thee fellow lurker! It's a menu only for HUD overlays, not graphic settings. :)

Ok, Thx both of you; i just wanted to be sure about settings.
I've played all Witcher games and i know how launcher works but i thought that ask someone for something doesn't cost too much effort.

Again, TY

Long time lurker, first post here; hey all \o

I have a great doubt: look here ( 3 screens);
http://imgur.com/8TC1LV2,WlSSzom,Vn7Kx6O

Question is: no common graphic settings? Shadows, FXAA, AA etc? Medium, Low, High, ON this, OFF that...nothing?
Maybe graphic options were locked for the test? Maybe an old build?

If someone can explain this i'll really appreciate it.
The graphics presets may be in the 'Post Processing' option in the menu, I hope its not in the launcher.

From the looks of it, the 'Graphics' option you are referring in the image relates to in game icons/text.

Found a little preview video, he talks about a lot of things in it like movement, graphics etc. thought someone might be interested:

Last edited:
Even Ultra graphics are shown:

Ultra graphics isn't shown -- he said that he tried some of the higher (ultra-er?) settings on the second day and didn't get a chance to record them. He did talk about how taxing Hairworks is and so forth, but he doesn't show any footage.
completely. Turns out I suck at English whoops.

It's a good video though, he does discuss some interesting things.

Last edited:
Ultra graphics isn't shown -- he said that he tried some of the higher (ultra-er?) settings on the second day and didn't get a chance to record them. He did talk about how taxing Hairworks is and so forth, but he doesn't show any footage.

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out, edited my post.

Ummm, I think it was confirmed that everything was set to ultra in that video, the exception being that hairworks was turned off. He just didn't get a chance to record video with that turned on.

I know youtubers might come from TW2 and just be used to roll their way through life, but if the game actually is prepared to not encourage roll spamming, they should be getting punished very clearly and obviously as they try to spam it. We'll have to see how it turns out.
From what I seen in gameplay videos, roll is not punished, but half turn/pirouette is more effective, because after successful half pirouette you are in the side/back of your enemy and ready to strike (more damage/unblockable), all those youtubers mostly rolls back away, not even to side.

To put it short most of gameplay we seen is played by noobs :D

Last edited:

Everything was maxed except hairwork. Here you can listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=450&v=94R0Ji39E68#t=7m26s

And here is another video with Ultra setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE

Last edited:
I have no idea what the German girl is saying as I don't know any German, but she is quite entertaining nonetheless.

Witcher fighting in his underwear and killing a monster that seem to want to explode and she like.. 'THE FUCK!? Eww!
Oh gold, okay-okay' - Haha, so there are some universal language there for me to understand.

But I wish there was english subtitles on this nice gameplay video. :)

This German link that was posted on the links thread contains the best footage, and the image quality is excellent. Language spoken throughout is German.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKSArQauGo
Please note, there are some spoilers, you will see the Griffin fight to the end.

You will see additional monsters not seen in the other footage, you will see a tiny bit of Novigrad, looks better than the 35min demo, you will see some excellent indoor areas and a cave. For quite a bit of the footage the player was running around on foot to take in more of the surroundings, excellent vid.

I have no idea what the German girl is saying as I don't know any German, but she is quite entertaining nonetheless.

Witcher fighting in his underwear and killing a monster that seem to want to explode and she like.. 'THE FUCK!? Eww!
Oh gold, okay-okay' - Haha, so there are some universal language there for me to understand.

But I wish there was english subtitles on this nice gameplay video. :)

You better not. She's actually unbearable, just like, to my big disappointment, AJ.
Exclusive chance to play the game pre release, share the thoughts and footage with her followers and everyone else interested in this game.
Nope, ef it, ima gonna run around in my pants, gather every flower and fistfight wolves...

At least Gopher delivered, I subbed just because of this video. Sadly I don't understand the polish one, which looks really deep and structured.

Last edited:
It does stop vigor regen tho. Watch after igni is cast, and see how the vigor bar halts everytime they roll.
It also seems to break the lock with the enemy, resulting in brief disorientation and breaking the flow of combat. It seems pretty clear that it's meant to be used when you really need to take space between you and the enemy, while the dodge move is supposed to be used simply to avoid being hit.

For those interested, Novigrad bit starts at 34:00. Interior looks very detailed and impressive!
Also, did that Youtuber damage the statue (39:10)?? :wat:

Actually he did ... they tell this in the video. Now he maybe has to fear the rage of The Witcher ^^

Top Bottom