Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
@poYar Sure man, we disagree on some things, no animosity intended though. When it comes to the balance the game looks awesome when fighting enemies within 3-4 levels, and it might very well be structured in such a way that we won't run into enormous balance issues too often, I just think that whenever someone has any worries about the game, they should voice them. CDPR listens to fans, it's part of what makes them and their games great. Time will tell if the balance is off or not, obviously I hope my worries are unwarranted, but I will be cautious with any optimism.

Any chance to get a confirmation from a REd if the "Death March" difficulty includes perma-death or not? I guess not (which would be great, as I want to play on the highest difficulty without perma death), because it would probably been mentioned in the selection screen, but would be great to get a clarification.

Attachments

• MguasNV.jpg
    MguasNV.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 47
Any chance to get a confirmation from a REd if the "Death March" difficulty includes perma-death or not? I guess not (which would be great, as I want to play on the highest difficulty without perma death), because it would probably been mentioned in the selection screen, but would be great to get a clarification.

I think it is the equivalent of Dark.

My top Three videos: Gopher for the content (very well done, amazing information)
A german guy, that got wrecked by an Earth Elemental. Very nice footage. Didn't understand a word, besides hexer and some bad words maybe, but nice footage.
And Angry Joe. Yes he shouts, he is crazy, his mate sucks at the game, but the footage is nice. Why nice? Because is what probably a random person would do, a person that never played any Witcher series (Joe played the second, but I think he forgot everything) would experience. And it was intereresting. The boat footage was interesting also. Although I think some winds phisics would be nice (most certainly some modders will play with that).

Especial mention: The german pink haired lady. Her playing with a naked geralt made me remember Dark Souls 1. I will certainly try to take the earth elemental only with my swords hahahaha (a pity I can't bring my +10 claymore....)

---------- Updated at 10:13 PM ----------

I think it is the equivalent of Dark.

This would be the Hard

The Death March is Dark

Last edited:
Hmm, so no entries in the Journal, about the world, places, races, events, etc. like in previous games?
Did you not pay attention at Gopher's clip right there? It's all there, journal, world information, characters, etc. You can see it plain as day.

Don't mean to bring this up again, but I had to get it off my chest.... got a backlog of pages i hadn't read here...

I don't know why you guys were arguing about BALANCE... (or atleast that one dude with the goofy top hat and glasses- no offense lol)

1) she was using a level 1 sword.... remind me and yourself what level was the dude she was fighting?
2) was she using alchemy to boost her stats for the fight? no.
3) what kind of gear was the opponent using? what kind of sword?
4) what kind of gear was the girl using in this fight? probably NOT enhanced up to par gear.
5) let's be honest here, she kinda sucked at fighting DIDN't use appropriate signs etc.
6) was she using any blade oils? to give her an enhancement to her damage? No.
7) did she have atleast SOME abilities for the fight? probably not, if she couldn't tell Geralt has two swords on his back for very different reasons, and not just 2 random steel swords just too look cool...

Before we go all crazy about balance, I believe we need to (apparently) DESPERATELY take all those ^ things to consideration... NOT to mention actually play the game and have our OWN touch into the situation before we judge if its balanced or not.

Guys, trust that CDPR has had a TON of previous games to take ideas from/ not follow in order to make this game to the best of their ability. I have no doubts that the gameplay is going to be balanced and that levels are just numbers to give you a rough idea of wether you'd need to REALLY prepare before a fight or just be cautious. How stupid would it be for CDPR to see how shitty it looks to be lvl 50 and be attacked by lvl 5 wolves and you just stand there not taking ANY damage? c'mon man, think logically...

Sure man, we disagree on some things, no animosity intended though. When it comes to the balance the game looks awesome when fighting enemies within 3-4 levels, and it might very well be structured in such a way that we won't run into enormous balance issues too often, I just think that whenever someone has any worries about the game, they should voice them. CDPR listens to fans, it's part of what makes them and their games great. Time will tell if the balance is off or not, obviously I hope my worries are unwarranted, but I will be cautious with any optimism.

Sometimes it's hard for me to distinguish player who is concerned about some gamplay mechanics from a common hater who just wants to piss off people cause there is nothing better to do atm. Sorry, I misjudged You. I just don't like when someone is make opinion based on some sort gameplay video made on even not final version of game. Maybe I overreacted, but I just hate that scaling system implemented in Skyrim and earlier in Oblivion. I have been great fan of Morrowind. I remmeber how much pleasure I had when I was playing Morrowind and I killed someone who just couple days earlier basicly smashed me. That's why travelling through world in that game was so good and give me a lot of satisfaction. In games which scaling-level enemies it has been taken from me. That's why maybe I'm so touchy about that subcject ;p

Last edited:
Top Bottom