The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
TW3 might actually be the best game out of the three for a newcomer to start with. Each game has a self contained story. TW1's story ends in TW1, and TW2 starts something new. The same goes for TW3. And the thing is, with all the experience CDPR has gained and the lessons it learned, TW3 is said to be much more welcoming to new players with a nicely placed tutorial and prologue that acquaint the players with the world and characters. Obviously there will be some references you won't pick up and relationships you won't fully understand, but it shouldn't prevent you from understanding the bulk of the story. Just bear in mind that being an RPG and a very lore-heavy world it'll require you do a bit of reading in the in-game books and journal entries to get your bearings.

One of our moderators wrote a nice summary of the stories of TW1 and 2.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...NING-NON-STOP-SPOILERS)?p=1577988#post1577988

You can also search for Christopher Odd's Let's Plays of the two games if you really have the patience and interest.

I would also take time and read through the in-game glossary to become more familiar with the characters and locations.
That is if you really do not want to miss anything :)

This shoudn't be that much of a problem...witcher 1 and 2 is for me each like a book. Witcher 2 is for xbox 360 and even runs decently on older pc's and witcher 1 easily.

No - I wouldn't like a remastered version of Witcher 1 and/or 2 for the PS4 or Xbox1

That would take away precious time that CDPR could be using to focus on the PC game enhancements/expansions etc.
Since I have no interest in consoles - I have no vested interest in seeing CDPR waste time on products I won't use.
There's my reason and a valid one at that.

Naa.. it's behind them now ;)
I would rather play something new, like the 6 months between TW2 & 3 would be nice though ;)

No. I'd prefer CDPR to enable Vulkan support in current REDengine and make proper Linux releases of new titles instead of porting older titles to consoles.

I choose option 3. I'm a PC gamer and don't care for consoles.

The games are old enough that you can run them on quite old PC's (not ancient but medium range from a couple of years ago). If you bought a MAC instead..welp..tough luck sorry.

I want CDPR to focus on giving us new content instead of remaking something that's already completed. Let the big publishers do their remake and remasters..the only way to go is forward not back.

No. Because a remastered is simply inadequate.
Witcher 1 can't be ported on console.

So...what is necessary is a remake.
A remake, even on PC, of both the games, with RED Engine 3, the new combat system, maybe an enhanced voiceover, but with the same alchemy, quest design, dialogues tree and art direction.
And maybe, they could make something that has been cutted in the past because of lack of money ( Act 4 in Dol Blathanna in The Witcher 2)

And damn, that on PC, I would buy it right now.

I guess I already answered this question, but I'll say it again. I really want to have the entire trilogy on Xbox One, at least. I think it will be relatively simple to port PC version of TW2 (nowadays everyone and his mother is doing it, it seems that there is nothing else there is for Xbox One), and I hope may become financially viable to re-work TW1 for Xbox One as well. If it ever happens, I would start believing as Leibniz did, that we live in THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS.

They could really easily take TW2, perhaps make it 64 bit and then put it on next gen consoles easily. No real changes necessary, although it would be amazing if they could give us some more NPC facial variety and maybe better hair physics but that's just small things I'd like to see.

Witcher 1 however would need massive changes. The voice acting in a good number of parts of that game is still horrid, there's way too many reused models, the entire game would have to be redone in Red Engine and the combat system would have to changed since quite frankly it's shit.

tw2 is already in xbox and the witcher 1 is a relic when cd project cared about pc gamers

Last edited:
The Witcher 1 and 2 on PS4?

Hello!
I'm sorry if this question was already been made (I searched on this fórum, but didn't find anything), but is there any chance for the witcher 1 and 2 to come to PS4?

I've never played any of the witcher games, so if this happens, it will be a day one buy.
I can't play them on my pc because I don't meet the specs :(

Please CDP, make this happen.

Thank you.

EDIT: Ok, sorry :X

Last edited:
Top Bottom