TW3 Save game import

+
Importing the steam version of the witcher 2 savegame to the witcher 3 on steam true cloud

Well i hope some one here on the forums knows this because the witcher 2 saves on steam are fused on steam cloud.There is no way u can use the seperated witcher 2 saves in your folder my documents etc etc to show up [even when switching steam cloud off], only the gog version works like that, so i hope somebody from cd red knows how this works, because thats pretty important to know.

Imagine u have a Dark-Mode save file from the witcher 2 on steam cloud and u cant use that savefile on the witcher 3 on steam, that would be terrible.

anyone ?

---------- Updated at 04:42 PM ----------

1. Savegames won't be an issue, as long as you're not saving exclusively to Steamcloud. If you are, download them to your local PC.
Thats the problem with steam, steamcloud is fused on the witcher 2 even if u switch cloud off, the savemap on your computer is still empty, for some weird reason it always stored on steam cloud and not on the pc.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3057486&page=2

Last edited:
Well i hope some one here on the forums knows this because the witcher 2 saves on steam are fused on steam cloud.There is no way u can use the seperated witcher 2 saves in your folder my documents etc etc to show up [even when switching steam cloud off], only the gog version works like that, so i hope somebody from cd red knows how this works, because thats pretty important to know.

Imagine u have a Dark-Mode save file from the witcher 2 on steam cloud and u cant use that savefile on the witcher 3 on steam, that would be terrible.

anyone ?

---------- Updated at 04:42 PM ----------

Thats the problem with steam, steamcloud is fused on the witcher 2 even if u switch cloud off, the savemap on your computer is still empty, for some weird reason it always stored on steam cloud and not on the pc.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3057486&page=2

You've checked C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\username\20920\remote (or the equivalent on your computer)?

Isn't that because you've still got SteamCloud on?
No it doesnt matter if i put it off savegames never come into that map, so i still want to know if the steam savegame version of the witcher 2 wil work with the witcher 3 on steam, or many many people including me, are not going to be happy if thats not the case, we need a clear anser from cd red.

No it doesnt matter if i put it off savegames never come into that map, so i still want to know if the steam savegame version of the witcher 2 wil work with the witcher 3 on steam, or many many people including me, are not going to be happy if thats not the case, we need a clear anser from cd red.

Did you try to edit the user.ini archive? Back in the day I got the same problem and I think this solved it. But I don't remeber well sorry.

Did you try to edit the user.ini archive? Back in the day I got the same problem and I think this solved it. But I don't remeber well sorry.

If u could remember i could try that, i understand what u mean to find the ini and put cloud of there, but i am not sure if that will work. If u knew were the map is i could try it ofcourse.

If u could remember i could try that, i understand what u mean to find the ini and put cloud of there, but i am not sure if that will work. If u knew were the map is i could try it ofcourse.

Right now I'm not in the PC with Witcher 2 installed but I think is the path c:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Witcher 2\config

Right now I'm not in the PC with Witcher 2 installed but I think is the path c:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Witcher 2\config

Tried it its not working i have set to false still saving to cloud ooh wel thx for trying tho.
Lets see what cd red says about this., hopefully i get an anser soon.

What we know from the devs:
- Savegame import for PC
- Alternative Q&A method of inputting your choices if you can't use a savegame (for example, console users)
- Don't expect it to make a huge difference to the game.

What we THINK from what's been said, but may not be accurate:
- Equipment will not be imported.
- The Q&A is available on PC as well as console.

What we don't have the detail on:
- What decisions TW3 will be interested in
- Steam, for those who used Steamcloud.

The SteamCloud issue puzzles me, so if there's any experts here, assistance would be welcome. The last time I was coaching someone through providing a savegame (probably for Kayran), it wasn't difficult to get the savegames locally, as they were in the /remote/ directory on your local PC as well as in the Cloud.

That may have changed on one of the many updates to Steam since then. So does anyone know how to do it?

That may have changed on one of the many updates to Steam since then. So does anyone know how to do it?

Varies from game to game. My Thief saves are in my Documents folder under Thief. Many of my other Steam saves are in the same folder under My Games. Others seem to be in my userdata folder under the /remote directory. Maybe all of them are there, in fact.
So, game specific with a common thread of userdata?

Varies from game to game. My Thief saves are in my Documents folder under Thief. Many of my other Steam saves are in the same folder under My Games. Others seem to be in my userdata folder under the /remote directory. Maybe all of them are there, in fact.
So, game specific with a common thread of userdata?

Are those using Steam Cloud? I thought it was consistent (rather than game-specific) if you use the cloud.

Are those using Steam Cloud? I thought it was consistent (rather than game-specific) if you use the cloud.

Hm. Well, I'm set to always use Steamcloud whenever possible and I still saw those savegames in place. There doesn't seem to be a centralized directory that I saw.

I have TW2 on GOG and Steam. They both save in the same place, so having one or the other version shouldn't make a difference towards importing saves.

I'm interested to know if there are any 'perks' to importing vs. filling out the box of choices. If all of the story checks for TW3 are handled the same it'd be kinda irritating. I beat Roche's and Iorveth's path on Dark mode, and got two endings for TW1. Would be nice if they acknowledged that. Also, my system might not be up to playing it as well as my PS4 does. Eh. Already pre-ordered so can't help it now.

Found were saves stored in steam if you use steam cloud

Attachments

• d2a1f71bcc.jpg
    d2a1f71bcc.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
Thanks, Timofan. That was where I thought they should be.

It means that Steam users should be able to import by one means or another:
1. (May be possible, but nothing's been said) - It will read the savegame directly from the SteamCloud version or from the local file in the /remote/ directory.
2. (Should definitely work) Copy the files into the TW2 "local" savegame location, start TW3 with SteamCloud turned off, import your savegame. Then turn SteamCloud back on again.

importing saves

i read a little about being allowed to import your witcher 2 saves - reason i made a playthrough with almost no killing hoping to see the characters i spared: sheala, dragon, serpent witcher etc

years later - i've no idea where it may be :)

could we have the ps4 recap on pc too? i read there is a way to recap the story for consoles as is the da:i prologue ?

That feature is present in all versions of the game. So, don't worry if you don't have the saves.
Another option on PC version is to download saves from the internet. There is bound to be one for all the branches.

i read a little about being allowed to import your witcher 2 saves - reason i made a playthrough with almost no killing hoping to see the characters i spared: sheala, dragon, serpent witcher etc

years later - i've no idea where it may be :)

could we have the ps4 recap on pc too? i read there is a way to recap the story for consoles as is the da:i prologue ?

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Geralt-Archetypes)?highlight=cynthia+decision Check here for decisions

Here are saved game options for you to import in Witcher 3 that you can use (I have used them myself)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-(SPOILERS)The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files

PS: I have a full non human playthrough on both W1&W2 (So W2 with W1 import) with sparing everyone..so Stennis alive, Saskia, Sile, Cynthia, Letho alive. (completisionist run..all gear & quests done). Just PM me with your mail and I will send the autosave file that gets created after finishing the game. (I have it handy because I have shared it with others).

Last edited:
Top Bottom