Which difficulty level will you choose?

+

Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
I'm sure it was confirmed that death march was perma-death. I distinctly remember being dissapointed that it wasn't a separate option. Whether that was CDPR who said that or a journalist though, I don't remember.

I'm sure it was confirmed that death march was perma-death. I distinctly remember being dissapointed that it wasn't a separate option. Whether that was CDPR who said that or a journalist though, I don't remember.

It makes sense. No reason to bloat the options with like 6 different difficulties. Easy-Medium-Hard-Permadeath is perfect, especially if Hard doesn't just scale up the enemy stats.

It makes sense. No reason to bloat the options with like 6 different difficulties. Easy-Medium-Hard-Permadeath is perfect, especially if Hard doesn't just scale up the enemy stats.

Well, I'd be willing to give permadeath a go if I could play on easy or normal but otherwise there would be no chance for me to beat it. Another thing is that if permadeath is harder than hard difficulty then I feel like I'm missing out on Dark mode. I'd really like to up the difficulty even more on my second play through but I'm not willing to do so if it means I can't die. I gave it a go in the Witcher 2. I never have made it, I can't imagine ever doing it in Witcher 3. As for bloating up the options, as you put it; adding one more option at the begging of the game isn't really that big of a deal for what it adds to the experience.

Dathmarch straight foward, i will have a hard time though if it is perma-death but as a im a sadist i enjoy the ride.

I usually play on hard in western rpgs, since that is usually the best balanced and "realistic" setting. Will try insane only if that is the only option to play with permadeath.

Actually, game take some 200h to play (in theory).. so, if started on Normal, by the level 40 you will be a hardcore player. So, maybe starting on Hard will be more appropriate.

Actually, is there any info on what will be changed during gameplay on different difficulty?

Last edited:
Actually, is there any info on what will be changed during gameplay on different difficulty?

Specifically, i haven't seen anything. But in general, the higher the difficulty, the more intelligent the AI and that only consumables will raise your hitpoints above normal i think? I'm not sure in exactly what other details are beyond that. There is the issue of permadeath and I'm yet to see and confirmation on that.

After playing The Witcher 2 on Dark difficulty twice (one playthrough was very recently as well) I'm kinda aiming for Dark straight away, I like the idea of using or should i say, needing all the tools i have and not just using them as an extra, but we will see.

Hard or Dark. But permadeath? holy shit. thats just crazy. imagine just missing maybe a ledge jump and fall to your death after 50+h gameplay. or get stuck and let pack of drowners rip you apart. Game needs to be super stable and bug free just to even think about trying it.
Or roach just gettin scared and throwing u off his back next to a nekker nest :D

There is permadeath in TW3? Yeah, I like difficulty but permadeath in a open world game with possibly a big number of bugs..

There is permadeath in TW3? Yeah, I like difficulty but permadeath in a open world game with possibly a big number of bugs..

We still don't know for sure if the last difficulty has permadeath, there's conflicting information on this.

Blood and broken bones difficulty if permadeath is in Death march.

If it's not, then I'm gonna march towards death. I'll gladly take on the hardest challenge, just don't mess with my savegames. ^_^

I'd probably never play Insane. Not with the power outages I have here. No UPS.

I'd just sit on the floor, bring my knees to my chest and cry if it happened.

Hardest without having permadeath. Would be cool if Death March is the hardest and you have a toggle for permadeath if you want to enable the feature.

I have played permadeath in Witcher 2 and I enjoyed it, but being that it is an open world game with 100s of hours for a play through...that might be a bit painful if you die... Maybe down the road when I have seen most everything in Witcher 3, I will attempt a perma death play through.

What Difficulty Settings are you starting the game out at, and why?

If playing on Hard didn't cut the amount of XP you gained, I would easily say Hard. I like the challenge, but dislike less XP, that is no good.

Monsters having higher HP, and outputting higher damage, along with Geralt not being able to regenerate health while meditating should warrant Hard difficulty. You still have two more difficulties to go. Why nerf the XP gain?

Last edited:
Pretty sure there wasn't permadeath on the Death March difficulty in the twitch Q&A. They subsequently reloaded and set difficultly to just the story for Miles.

Top Bottom