The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Two days ago I was lucky to get CE from waiting list :) I didn't have any hopes but I was so happy to have confirmation on my screen. I paid right away and now I will just wait for delivery :)

The Witcher 3 CE And Scalpers

Hello everybody

I'm Novi, I live in Paris France, so English is not my best language, that being said I'd like to address an issue that concern us all, personally I use Amazon for all my online purchases, from survival knives to everyday cloth, and of course video games, I've been trying to preorder Witcher 3 CE PC for 7 months, during these 7 months, nearly everyday the first thing I do when I return home from college, is turn on my PC go to Amazon and my mailbox to check if it's available for purchase, I kept hoping that it would become available one day and I scream at my screen:"shut up and take my money!!!" but every time i see unavailable, so i started checking other website, it's either sold out or not available for purchase yet, until recently i noticed some scalpers on Amazon France, with 10 copies of Witcher 3 CE, they are selling it at 300 Euros, twice the original price, and this is simply unacceptable, true fans of the witcher saga, and supporter of CD Pro Red can't buy the game from any of the official retailers, just because some scalpers bought the CE version in large quantities with the sole intention of re-selling them at a higher price at a later date true fans of the game suffer from it, CD Pro Red doesn't gain a single dollar more from a scalper than an official retailer, this has to stop, scalping is making everybody's day worse, even the scalpers themselves because few people are willing to spend twitce the original price to buy a game, and fewer are willing to buy from unofficial retailer with 1 star out of 5 rating, so please CD Pro Red, tell me you are gonna do something about this, or atleast make more CE version

Last edited:
You can't prevent someone from buying something available in store. It was the same when the Nexus 4 first came out. I think limited availability is part of what makes CE a collector thing, and I would say it's unlikely that they cut new CE at the time of the game's release.

I know scalping is technically legal, but can't the Game developpers limit the quantities of CE version purchasable by an individual? Beside the official retailers, a person who buys the CE version of the same game 10 times is either a rich arab prince or a scalper, they should limit it to 2 copies per credit card for exemple

I know scalping is technically legal, but can't the Game developpers limit the quantities of CE version purchasable by an individual? Beside the official retailers, a person who buys the CE version of the same game 10 times is either a rich arab prince or a scalper, they should limit it to 2 copies per credit card for exemple

The game developer doesn't sell the CE directly to the public, so no, it's unlikely that they would be able to stop this.

Hi guys/gals. Did anyone else pre-order the PC version of the CE from Newegg.com? I've noticed it no longer has a listing on their site at all but the PS4 and XB1 still does, though it's on auto-notify. I've checked my order history and it's still listed as me having it pre-ordered, and I haven't received a cancellation notice yet. Strange thing is that it still has the release date of 2/24/15, LOL! I hope I can still get it. I've had it on pre-order since last July. :(

That's pretty harsh, but I can maybe understand where they are coming from. Even if it was an "unplanned" change of credit card information they should have at least given you the option / ability of / for honouring the preorder (e.g. paying cash -- even in part -- in store). I'm not sure how the consumer protection regime works in Canada, but it would be worth investigating with OCA (frantically chatting with a friend in BC for answers) or you can go here:

http://www.consumerhandbook.ca/en/topics/products-and-services/complaints

Hope it helps and good luck!!

Thank you for that, but it's been a while since it happened. The worst part was I didn't even need to pay until the product shipped. Oh well, I'm happy with my standard version. I can always buy the necklace from the new Witcher store.

Hi guys/gals. Did anyone else pre-order the PC version of the CE from Newegg.com? I've noticed it no longer has a listing on their site at all but the PS4 and XB1 still does, though it's on auto-notify. I've checked my order history and it's still listed as me having it pre-ordered, and I haven't received a cancellation notice yet. Strange thing is that it still has the release date of 2/24/15, LOL! I hope I can still get it. I've had it on pre-order since last July. :(

If that was me, I'd be a bit worried by now. Maybe you should contact them?

Distribution info

Is there any way to know who distributes TW3 in specific regions? I am mostly interested in the Adriatic region and here is my completely "middle class" problem.

A couple of moths ago on these same forums the community was very helpful with advice towards the hardware necessary for TW3 in it's full glory. It was a personal debate of mine: TW3 collectors vs new PC rig necessary. Since the hardware was very weak (below minimum), new rig was the way to go but I decided not to be lazy so I worked hard, built a new rig and saved up for the collectors. All fine and good eh?

Unfortunately the vendors here in Serbia won't carry TW3 collectors PC version. Instead the only collectors on offer is the PS4 version which is absurd (not to mention ridiculously expensive given the mark up here). So basically I am trying somehow to get in contact with the distributors to see my options here. To prevent a couple of responses in advance:
1- Yes I am aware of the "middle class" issue here.
2- No, ordering online from other vendors is not an option in our country because customs office buffs up the price as they see fit so even ordering a book online can cost you upwards of 100 euros just because.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Thanks for the redirect mods, wasn't sure where to put the topic.

Last edited:
^^ Newegg Isnt my first pick for ordering stuff, I've heard too many horror stories [3 week shipping on a pre-order or the APPALLING chat widget based customer service] but I've contacts within the industry: devs/gaming/tech journalist friends. I'll put it this way: Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop are all MILES ahead of them on a customer service basis. I know Newegg have a "first come, first serve" policy on pre-orders, which should transition to a sales order a couple of days prior, for your delivery. So really, all I can say is cross your fingers.

BTW, for the 3 week shipping delay on that pre-order, compensation was $5 credit.

Well, yesterday I did something I thought impossible; I cancelled my CE, and I blame logic for it happening. I thought to myself what's in the CE that's a must have? I took the time to reevaluate the discrepancies between the standard edition & the CE, and this is what I found: Medallion, physical artbook, steel game case, and the griffin polystone figure.

Looking at each item I thought, "For the price of (in my case) $162.33, what's really justifying the entirety of my purchase?" Or should I say, "Will I put everything to use?" I discovered the answer was "no".

Griffin Polystone------While cool, I could live without. If anything it'll collect dust.
Witcher Medallion-----Another cool item, but I thought, "What's the relevant time to wear it? If I was still a kid I'd wear it to school and see if the medallion vibrates towards teachers & bullies. Would've been useful back then."
Artbook------Now, this is an item I can see myself using, however it's also available for those who pre-ordered the game digitally.
Steel case-------I never had any particular interest in steel cases. I can live without.

While I appreciate CDPR for not including dlc incentives in the CE, I did keep in mind the CE wouldn't come with the upcoming expansions, thus the money pit. Thinking about it know, the secondary problem is that CDPR is too awesome. At the standard price for the Steam version you get(if you pre-ordered): The digital artbook, soundtrack, unique artwork, digital world map, and premium wallpapers. Yes, for standard price! And if you include the expansions it adds up to $80. Not bad, not bad at all.

In conclusion, the two culprits were logic applied exclusively to my own taste & CDPR for being awesome. I blame both.

So I habe pre-ordered the game from one Slovakian shop ( but I still have some doubts that I going to get it).. but before that I have ordered one CE PC version, but then they didn't had any but I was on the waiting list.. now they have contacted me that I had luck and they have now one copy for me.. but the problem is, they are only delivering it if you are in Poland.. so I must pass now on this.. but I wanted to ask, can I make it so that someone from Poland can get my copy? Change the delivering details, adress, etc. ? The shop is cdp.pl

Last edited:
Is my collectors edition lost?

So I recently moved and when I called GameStop to try and change my address they stated that they may not be able to do that and that my order may be cancelled. Awesome.

Let me back up. When The Witcher 3 originally went up for pre-order back in 2014 I immediately went to pre-order the Collector's Edition for PC. For some reason Canada was not an option so I ordered from GameStop in the US and had them ship to my address in Canada. Since then I've moved and attempted to have them change the address. I called the Canadian GameStop, EBGames, and they said to call the American call center. I called the American one and they stated they don't ship internationally and that if they put the change through it might be cancelled. They said I have to wait until they ship the product to see if it is cancelled or not so I'm currently stuck in limbo to "wait and see" if I get the pre-order.

I've checked on the Canadian EBGames site since then and have found that all the Collectors Editions are sold out. Because of my obviously bad choice in trusting GameStop US am I now screwed out of my Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3?

I know EB Games in Australia do not ship internationally, but i GameStop do in fact.

You might be able to find one from other retailers so check around.

There is no possible way you could get them to mail it to some American resident relatives or friends who you could pick it up from/get them to mail it to you?

^^ Newegg Isnt my first pick for ordering stuff, I've heard too many horror stories [3 week shipping on a pre-order or the APPALLING chat widget based customer service] but I've contacts within the industry: devs/gaming/tech journalist friends. I'll put it this way: Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop are all MILES ahead of them on a customer service basis. I know Newegg have a "first come, first serve" policy on pre-orders, which should transition to a sales order a couple of days prior, for your delivery. So really, all I can say is cross your fingers.

BTW, for the 3 week shipping delay on that pre-order, compensation was $5 credit.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
But seriously, I'm hoping I do get it. I emailed their customer service to see if I could change my pre-order to a faster shipping method. We'll see what they say about it then. If I don't hear from them by the end of this week I'm going to just pre-order the regular edition from Amazon while keeping my pre-order in for the Collectors Edition from Newegg, just in case. It'd be cheaper, but man I love the Witcher, and I missed out on the last collectors edition for Witcher 2. I was kind of hoping I could luck out this time around, still hoping I do, LOL. Thanks mate for responding, as well as you Dragonbird! :)

pre ordered collectors

Hello everyone,i m an italian fan Of witcher adventures, i preordered che collectors edition on september (1 year ago) in a UK Store (in Italy is always out Of stock) now 2 weeks before the launch the sent me a mail that they wont ship my order...please there is anything i can do ti get che collector one? It s a sad situation for italian fan

I don't have relatives in the US unfortunately. I would think that GameStop ships internationally since they put an international shipping charge on the waybill when I ordered it. I'm just worried that I won't be able to get my Collectors Edition that I preordered when it first became available.

I'll look into that Borderlinks company, thanks for the information.

Top Bottom