Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Sounds like Assassin's Creed bullshit, where all the assassins are vessels to convey a message to Desmond.
Hahhh it sounds to me as someone very closely tied with particular character, and so emotionally attached to it, is a bit inflating her role, but hey - maybe that's actually true? 3 weeks and we'll find Out. :)

Sounds like Assassin's Creed bullshit, where all the assassins are vessels to convey a message to Desmond.

I think you overinterpret that. Maybe it's just my translation here. The point is rather that the overall narrative is mainly about Ciri. In Witcher 2 the overall narrative was about the kingslayer and not so much about Geralt himself neither... ;)

I Think Zangado's Chanel would been better than Jovem Nerd. It's bigger and he would probably post faster and give the proper attention.

Leon (Coisa de Nerd) didn't posted yet but made a trip video about the invite and CD RED. Showed much more interest.

Well, let''s hope both videos come out this week. Some gameplay with portuguese audio would be nice

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

Let's hope

Yep i saw his (coisadenerd) trip to CD RED thats why i was asking if he is not going to post gameplay.

Now was Jovem Nerd also invited?

Yeah... but frankly this is something I'm worried since the beginning. I don't like Ciri, I don't like the approach, I don't like idea of her being main character. I really hope this will not be like that, because witcher is my favourite franchise...After all hype...3 weeks to release and I'm getting worried ;)

I hope they didn't nerf Geralt just to make Ciri more Badass
I'm afraid this is exactly what it is.

Geralt of Rivia mutated to be faster and stronger than the fastest humans, who has been wielding swords for at least 80 years, is slower than Ciri. A girl in her 20s who showed talent with a sword.
This is without taking into consideration that Geralt was subjected to further mutations which makes him even faster than the rest of the Witchers, and the fact that Ciri is not even a mutant makes it more ridiculous.

In order to defend the ridiculousness of this decision people argue that Bonhart killed Witchers. If Ciri was able to kill Bonhart, then Geralt would have ripped Bonhart's asshole a new one.

And then I hear Geralt is a vessel and Ciri is the main character.

Give me a fucking break.

Well it wouldn't be lore friendly if Ciri could match Geralt in a swordfight.

But she still had the Witchers training and is probably more agile then a normal human, and maybe small monsters?

Geralt of Rivia mutated to be faster and stronger than the fastest humans, who has been wielding swords for at least 80 years, is slower than Ciri. A girl in her 20s who showed talent with a sword.
This is without taking into consideration that Geralt was subjected to further mutations which makes him even faster than the rest of the Witchers, and the fact that Ciri is not even a mutant makes it more ridiculous.

In order to defend the ridiculousness of this decision people argue that Bonhart killed Witchers. If Ciri was able to kill Bonhart, then Geralt would have ripped Bonhart's asshole a new one.

Give me a fucking break.

She's fast because she travel through space and time during fight that's certain. Not because she wields her sword faster. Nothing has been said about that. And even if she is faster than Geralt it's obviously a game design choice because Ciri is meant to be controlled in linear (and I guess spectacular) game session. Would be boring to have an over quick character all the time while exploring.

It's just one man's interpretation of the story. I expected that statement to rile some anger (Specifically from Reptile, hence my inb4), but ultimately it's Nikolas Kolm's personal and subjective opinion about the story.

I remember amongst the bickering in the "Ciri as a playable character thread", someone (I think Wichat?) stated that the Spanish translator considers Ciri to be by far the most interesting character in the entire series, with the most full character arc etc etc. Now there's others here (Myself, you, Reptile etc) who don't think nearly that highly of Ciri (and perhaps some people even go to the extent of not really giving a crap about her dimension hopping adventures), but that is our opinion, and in that article it is Kolm's opinion.

Once we play through the story we might come to a completely different conclusion. Who knows. Just have to wait and see, but I wouldn't get so down about it just yet, and especially not from one subjective opinion on the matter.

You're all more than welcome to have different opinions on the matter. ;)

After all, that's all it was (even said so in the article, thank you German Journalist for putting in the full quote). Not sure how some people seem to think that this means Geralt is nerfed or made less important. Telling a story through a certain characters eyes, but having that story revolve around another character does not belittle the "vessel" in any way. Look at games such as Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite for examples of what I mean.

And me dissing Geralt? How could I ever diss a fellow beard-man? That's just silly. :D

Edit: Before someone construes this as meaning that we rip of Last of Us or Bioshock, that's NOT what this means. That's just an example of what I was describing and has no bearing on the story or game of Witcher Wild Hunt. Thanks. :p

Last edited:
There's a certain sorcerer in the books that took Geralt to school when it came to sword (\staff) fighting, and was described as incredibly fast. Whatever his magical means, they translated into effectively beating a witcher, partly thanks to speed. Without a sweat, too. So in theory I don't see why Ciri can't be faster if her magic is embraced again (considering she can). Also, while she didn't undergo the Trials, she did go through the diet of mushrooms for a while, and it affected her body as well. Perhaps not to the speed of a regular witcher, but she already has quite an advantage over plebs.

Give me a fucking break.

Why would you think that Geralt is nerfed? He is still badass and someone you don't want to mess with.
On the other hand, Ciri has some supernatural powers, even some that we don't know about yet, this in itself could give her the edge over Geralt, regardless of experience or skill with the sword.

And yes, Ciri is the main person that the story revolves around, like it or not, things are connected and shes is the moving force behind the story.
The Wild Hunt chasing her, Yenefer looking for her, Geralt looking for her, Emhyr looking for her, looks like a patter right? ;)
So yes, she's important and different people have different preferences, so to them some characters are more important than others.

This is no way diminishes the importance of Geralt, he is the one through whom we advance the story and whose choices have the power to change its course.

I can't believe how much people can complain over a single line of interview, deciding that it absolutely must mean something that they hate before they've been playing the game for a single minute.

The main storyline of the game revolves around Ciri. That is not a secret, we've known that for ages. I fail to understand how that is supposed to "nerf" Geralt's character.

I find it reassuring.

We've seen lots of Geralt's story. There are whole books.

Let us, IF this is accurate in any way, look forward to seeing how someone else writhes on the hooks of plot-induced terribleness, through Geralt's eyes.

I am prejudiced. One of my favourite stories features a main character who defines, changes and influences events in a world that generally is concerned with other people's stories and destiny. I could empathise with the role of the Interlocutor and Occasional Saviour better than The Hero Of Destiny.

Think of it as Geralt is Snake Plissken and Ciri is either the President from NY or The Daughter from LA. Snake is much cooler, too.

That line only gives me more hope that TW3 will be more like the books and that's exactly what I want. Can't wait because I love both Ciri AND Geralt and there's more than enough room for both as main/playable characters when they both offer different view points of important aspects of the story. :D The hate is pretty pointless before getting into the game and trying it for yourself.

It would be so amazing to definitekly switch to Ciri as the playable character after the main arc is resolved and Geralt becomes... unavailable for some reasons :hai:

Top Bottom