Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
It would be so amazing to definitekly switch to Ciri as the playable character after the main arc is resolved and Geralt becomes... unavailable for some reasons :hai:

Let's ask the white wolf what he does think about this ...

Attachments

• Geralt.png
    Geralt.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 52
Let's ask the white wolf what he does think about this ...

Well think about it Geralt, this is supposed to be the end of your adventures. This is supposed to end with a bang. Using another character for the post-endgame stuffs allows for a more open and possibly dramatic ending. Even if you do not die (and that could be a player's choice), you may just ride off in the sunset with Yennefer or something like that, and then it wouldn't make sense to have you roam the open world again.

That could all depend on the player. "Sacrifice" Ciri, go on playing as Geralt, "sacrifice" Geralt, go on playing as Ciri. Of course then they need to make Ciri as interesting to play and evolve skill-wise, but since she can do some real magic that shouldn't be a concern...

Well think about it Geralt, this is supposed to be the end of your adventures. This is supposed to end with a bang. Using another character for the post-endgame stuffs allows for a more open and possibly dramatic ending.

Not gonna happen. Do you expect that CDPR records all the sidequest lines twice so that Ciri could take Geralt's place post-credits? And how much sense would those quests make anyway when the protagonist changes halfway through? Your suggestion would add months of work for the developers without actually contributing anything to the game.

Even if there is a possibility of Geralt dying, which so far is nothing but a rumour, then it's child's play to just rewind time before the climactic events after the credits, maybe using Dandelion's narration as a framing device of smaller stories he didn't have the time to tell.

I need this game for full review next week... I just need it, please. :unworthy: Waiting, reading news that some will get the game next week for review is just.. :cry: it's just harder and harder to wait as we get closer, is that just me or?

Just a thought has anyone see the under water game play and from what i saw of the angry joe game play video the water seemed weird, as the waves where just passing through the boat rather than boat floating on top of it , I know its not the final build but hope this is fixed in the final build.

Cant wait for all the indepth reviews coming next week and some PS4 footage please!!!! anyone

i got a youtube channel with 1 video that has 3 views, and i got 0 subscribers, i think i deserve a review copy :) cant wait for 19th of may since that is exactly when all of my exams start :(

Not gonna happen. Do you expect that CDPR records all the sidequest lines twice so that Ciri could take Geralt's place post-credits? And how much sense would those quests make anyway when the protagonist changes halfway through? Your suggestion would add months of work for the developers without actually contributing anything to the game.

Even if there is a possibility of Geralt dying, which so far is nothing but a rumour, then it's child's play to just rewind time before the climactic events after the credits, maybe using Dandelion's narration as a framing device of smaller stories he didn't have the time to tell.

I'm not expecting it, just saying it would, indeed, be unexpected and ballsy :evil:

And yes that would have been much more work, but the game has been delayed twice after all. And they said that some side-quests will be unavailable post-endgame.

But I'm just teasing. They also said that the expansions, for instance, would occur before the endgame events, so as you say it's probably a "story told by Jaskier" sort of thing.

^ Controversial ! ;)

oh and incase my last cultural reference could be misinterpreted by you youngsters:

The Imperious Leader is the ruler of the Cylons as depicted in the 1978 Battlestar Galactica television series.

The Imperious Leader's body is built to resemble the reptilian race that originally built the Cylons, but is not organic in any way. According to the novelization of the pilot episode, Imperious Leaders have three distinct brains, each one capable of individual or unified thought, thereby making them adept strategists and leaders.

Bet you didn't realise it was actually a compliment, sort of ;)

Looks like we've gone from ending Geralt's story with a bang to sidelining him in a preparation for an inevitable TW4 cashgrab.

I would rather prefer no witcher 4 than a witcher 4 with a Bioware/Bethesa like player-created character. The Dragonborn/Inquistor must be two of the most shallow and boring characters, which ever existed in a video game.

Looks like we've gone from ending Geralt's story with a bang to sidelining him in a preparation for an inevitable TW4 cashgrab.

Just because one developer said something about Ciri being important means zilch.

With regards to TW4 it certainly will not have her as a main character. Her entire point in the overall Witcher story revolves around the Wild Hunt and her blood and we will be dealing with the Wild Hunt and ending their threat in TW3.

I would rather prefer no witcher 4 than a witcher 4 with a Bioware/Bethesa like player-created character. The Dragonborn/Inquistor must be two of the most shallow and boring characters, which ever existed in a video game.

The Inquisitor is the single best protagonist BIoware has ever done. If you want shallow and boring look at the Warden, Hawke and Shepard.

Anyway with regards to TW4. I do want a set character but someone like Letho. By that I mean a character that is manipulative and proactive unlike the very reactive Geralt.

Last edited:
Quest designer Nikolas Kolm: "For me Cirilla is the main character in Witcher 3. The story is actually about her. Geralt is just the vessel through which we narrate the story."

Oh come on, looks more like we've gone from a point of not knowing one devs perspective, to knowing it because he just told us. Why do you ignore the possessive "for me" that owns the rest of the comment. Nevermind this is just a snippet out of context.

Is it full moon till the 19th then?

I don't see what's weird about that statement. The impression I got was that TW3 is continuing the story from the books. The books revolved around Ciri. It makes sense to me that she's the central figure in TW3.

Achievement earned:
Write a single post with over 9000 characters
Achievement Earned on 30-04-2015 03:35 PM [time of this post]

...?

Last edited:
Skyrim was rather about creating your own story. This game is for 5-year olds, kinda like having a virtual friend :D

Anyways, this is a problem for CDPR, because they closed Geralt's road for themselves and now It will be pretty hard to create something that will match storytelling of this saga. I mean, you can create story only about Yen or Ciri when you play more as a mage or strictly as a mage, but in that case I would be worried about sales.
You can create number of playable characters, but in that case story will suffer.

Last edited:
I wished they would have given Ciri some kind of progression or reduced the time we will have to play as her. I mean 5-10 hours, which are according to the gamestar journalist more an action-adventure than a rpg seems a bit much. No inventory, no exp, no skill tree, absolutely no customization or progression. I would be fine with that for some hours but up to 10? I will probably enjoy it for story reasons on my 1st playthrough but after that? Hopefully there will be a mod to skip this parts.

Top Bottom