Forum - opinions, suggestions

+
I think he's suggesting a specific FAQ dedicated to The Witcher III. Since the Forum Guide's in General Discussion, it's easily overlooked by people, who're unfamiliar with the forum, seeking a particular, quick answer.
Exactly. And one that answers FAQs in the OP instead of linking to other threads.

@Kinley It would also help if the thread didn't have a red banner at the top saying
This discussion is older than 365 days. Information contained in it may no longer be current.
I'm sure that doesn't help avoid confusion at all.

Fair enough, I forgot about that. But like @RivenII and @Phinnway said, I meant something a bit different.

1) Many people just go straight to The Witcher 3 subforum, and don't see that thread.
2) We need something up-to-date, with e.g. all the questions from my above list present, since I've seen all of them spring up time and time again.
3) It'd be better to have both a link to the appropriate thread and a short answer for each question.

Go for it. If you need any assistance, PM me or another moderator.

I'll try to write something. Then I'll probably post it in this thread if this is fine, for the others to check it and offer suggestions/additions.

Last edited:
If you're making an FAQ about the game, I'd suggest starting a new thread in The Witcher 3 subforum.

Yeah, but it'd probably be better for other people to check it and offer corrections/additions before. And anyway, it'd make sense only as a sticky thread in the end, which I can't do.

Yeah, but it'd probably be better for other people to check it and offer corrections/additions before. And anyway, it'd make sense only as a sticky thread in the end, which I can't do.

Make a Work in Progress FAQ thread, where the community can offer help. Once the FAQ has been assembled, we can move it to a new thread and sticky it :)

Also, I've updated my previous post with some links that might be useful.

Suggestion.

Since GOG and Witcher forums are synced.. why not show what CDPR games we own/pre-ordered on GOG (below our avatar) small icons with link.

I tried to login to this forum on multiple computers with IE but have no success. It loops the gog login popup indefinately no error... I can obviously login with a different browser (chrome), but sometimes I just prefer being on IE. No biggie but just curious if others are having the issue or not. On windows 7 64 bit (I think 32 on one of the machines I tried) all I believe is IE version 11 with latest updates/flash etc..

Too lazy to read 31 pages.

But my complaint and suggestion is:

The whole... notification system. It clicks you to the page, right? But then you have to like navigate your way back to the forum. (You could just click what you were repped for, but...that seems like a bad workaround). Just wish there was a direct return to the forum or wherever you're checking from.

Is there any way to return the most recent posts table on top? It was quite useful. But it should be filtered per language. Or have options which sub-forums to show or not.

---------- Post merged on 19-04-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

I just found there is an "activity hub" setting in the profile. But even after enabled and language + sub-forum selected there, it doesn't show it.

Too lazy to read 31 pages.

But my complaint and suggestion is:

The whole... notification system. It clicks you to the page, right? But then you have to like navigate your way back to the forum. (You could just click what you were repped for, but...that seems like a bad workaround). Just wish there was a direct return to the forum or wherever you're checking from.

If you hold CTRL down when you click (in most browsers) it'll open a new tab rather than make current page go there...

Is it possible to have the same thread under two different forums? For example, the PC requirement thread can be under NEWS and WITCHER 3 forums? Navigating between these forums is annoying, and I mostly stay in one.

Also, the site could probably load a bit faster. It's really sluggish when going from a thread and back.

I wish there was a policy of direct information via PM who has deleted you a post and who has been quoted or mentioned in this deleted. Some moderators do it, others don't.

The fact that the message that deserves to be deleted has already been posted means that could be read by third parties and indirectly affected person ignores what sense have addressed her / him. The author of the post will know to whom he has mentioned or quoted, also those who have read it, but, very often, not people affected, creating some misinformation and misconceptions and misunderstandings later.

I don't know for the other users, but for me, recieving a notification, opening the window and reading only deleted post disturbs me a little. Moderators make a great job here, but sometimes, when users can solve the problems via PM I feel more civiliced and less cold click-delete.

Thank you very much

Since GOG and Witcher forums are synced.. why not show what CDPR games we own/pre-ordered on GOG (below our avatar) small icons with link.

Like on BSN? Would be cool, but also unfair to all those who bought their CDPR games on consoles or Steam/Origin etc.

Unless, of course, there would be a way to register them here somehow.

Admins or mods can start designing Witcher 3; Tech Support, Quests Support etc. Sub Folders in Witcher Wild Hunt section.

When game hits expect few bugs being reported daily.

Admins or mods can start designing Witcher 3; Tech Support, Quests Support etc. Sub Folders in Witcher Wild Hunt section.

When game hits expect few bugs being reported daily.

You really think nobody thought about that or that they're not being planned? :p

You really think nobody thought about that or that they're not being planned? :p

So that proves you've all ready with a click button because you've already the earlier TW3 copy and thought how play it without the disturbing last minute interruptions?

I knew It....

Top Bottom