The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@moonknightgog Breaking my oath not to write here again but, might be with a moon like this:

Last edited:
We will find out for sure when the game is out...but, just for saying, a night with a full moonlight is nothing like that.

Are you suggesting that our true-life experiences with moonlight have been downgraded? I know what I've seen, and I've spent a lot of time working at night out-of-doors, with very little other light than the moon. No, it may not be your experience with the full moon, but it's close enough to mine.

Last edited:
Because high quality graphics are what have always been advertised. If some people feel that they didn't deliver, then they have a right to be upset.
It looks fine to me, minus the foliage. The foliage really keeps it back from looking like a truly superb game.
inb4 why u complainin about gras still lol
Because grass is a huge part of the visuals. Flat grass/poorly placed grass can make a scene that should look great into a mediocre scene. Especially since this is a 3rd person game. Mistakes with foliage are much harder to hide from a third person perspective.
As far as this being the best looking open world game? I'd disagree once again mainly due to the poor grass. But that's about it really. Everything else looks superb minus some odd color choices for certain assets. I think Far Cry 4 looks superior right now.

Far Cry 4 is a shooter and the world is MUCH smaller than TW3.
Right now you still sacrifice some graphical exellence relative to how much bigger your world is.

Also read carefully i said too "no RPG that looks as good" Shooter and RPG is totally apples and Oranges.

Is it safe to say the game has been downgraded then?

After the recent 'Ultra' videos I don't see how it can sitll be argued.

Wait, this nonsense is still going ?.. people, don't you have something better to do with your time? :D come here again when the game is released.. when you're going to see the game on your monitors/Tv, and not from YT videos

Far Cry 4 is a shooter and the world is MUCH smaller than TW3.
Right now you still sacrifice some graphical exellence relative to how much bigger your world is.

Also read carefully i said too "no RPG that looks as good" Shooter and RPG is totally apples and Oranges.

They're both open world games. And the size doesn't really matter neither does the genre as you said in your post. You said it will be the prettiest open world game and that it will look especially good compared to other open world RPGS. Comparing shooters and RPGs may be comparing apples and oranges on the topic of "which game is better", but when it comes to visuals, I say fair game.
"People are ranting about the downgrade.... yet it still will be the prettiest Open world Game by release time. Especially in terms of RPGs there is not even a competitor in terms of how good it looks. and NO a MODDED Skyrim doesnt count. and Vanilla Skyrim cant hold a candle to TW3"

Not unless you're prepared for Moderator action, and looking like a dweeb to the rest of the board, because if you'd bothered to read this thread on a topic you're so interested in posting an opinion on you'd have found numerous occasions of this:

Moderator: What I have warned you is that claims that anything like a downgrade, irrespective of any way you or I may wish to define "downgrade", for the reasons given are not allowed and are going to result in moderator action.

that felt good... can I have a go at the ban hammer now, huh?)

After the recent 'Ultra' videos I don't see how it can sitll be argued.

Moderator: No, because it is off topic, and continuing to do so may be viewed as thread hijacking.

I'm going to quote the OP, which establishes the actual topic of this thread.

"I think that that message loses much of its impact if the world always looks like a shitty place, but keeps its punch if you're traveling, say, in the beautiful Skellige archipelago, and then suddenly come across an act of deep cruelty. It's that contrast and sudden shift that I think make it powerful, and prevent it from becoming hackneyed."

The actual, and only valid, topic of this thread is whether the visuals of the game reinforce its mood and themes, and whether these do so by contrast rather than conformity.

There might be nights in the game where the moon isn't out on full display making them appear darker more black rather than blue.

Yeah, the moon gives a lighter, blueish tone to the night. It will be interesting to see if they've also included moonless nights. I can't remember any games that do though. Not that I've tried to commit them to memory or anything.

I once used a mod in Skyrim for realistic nights but it kinda ignored the moon a bit meaning you literally couldn't see the rocks at your feet unless you had a torch out. Atmospheric, and at times creepy when you can hear a monster approaching and can't see him till he's entered the torch light, but it was also pretty slow going and a bit of a chore when trying to find cave entrances and stuff.

I disabled the mod fairly quickly but I'm sure when the RedKit comes out people will bring out something similar and probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom