2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
from what i've heard of Ciri, I don't like her voice.. It sounds to 'royal'... to British.
Ofcourse I want/need to hear more of her before I really decide I don't or do like it. But so far, I'm not a fan.

She sounds like someone who grew up in a castle, and not someone who had a rough life. Might be that she has learned a accent through the years she was gone...
Maybe she learnt to speak 'proper' during her time in the castle with the mage Merlin. (If the fan translation was correct)

She sounds like someone who grew up in a castle, and not someone who had a rough life. Might be that she has learned a accent through the years she was gone...

She DID grow up in a castle and not talking about Kaer Morhen here. Yes she did spent a good number of years in the wild constantly moving from place to place but she was raised by the Queen of Cintra who was her grandmother.

This isn't some wild girl who doesn't know civilization. This is well educated, well spoken, smart young lady.

The only real problem for me is that the actress voiced female Hawke in DA2 and the last thing I want to remember when playing W3 is DA2 and while using side characters is OK using the actress who played the main character in that game is annoying.

That said she is a very good actress. I want to see her shouting when she's angry.

Last edited:
But she did grow up in castle. And after that she spent long time with ever classy Yennefer and teachers that she had chosen for her. Everything put together, I would be surprised if she didn't have a posh accent. Ciri's had it rough, but she's also had a plenty of contact with the upper classes.

She DID grow up in a castle.

...When she was 5 or 6 yes... Even then she was a bit rebellious, mix that with all the years she has lived in misery and, let's call 'em 'cheap accommodations'... I doubt people would like a girl with such a accent (call it a bit cocky, like she is looking down on them)

But she did grow up in castle. And after that she spent long time with ever classy Yennefer and teachers that she had chosen for her. Everything put together, I would be surprised if she didn't have a posh accent. Ciri's had it rough, but she's also had a plenty of contact with the upper classes.

I doubt that the priestess of Melitele (forgot her name, Nenneke?) taught her of 'forced' her to use posh language. And the small amount of time on the road with Yennefer... well maybe the posh accent would stick, but Yennefer had to continuously 'remind' Ciri that she is a sorceress and people have certain expectations of her. (like if Ciri did something wrong or not 'lady' like)
Still all in all, I don't like it... But I have to hear more of her to really finalize my opinion.

Last edited:
Long time?
After Cintra was destroyed she spent some time with a peasent family, then with the witchers in kaer morhen.,Then maybe 1 year or a bit longer in a "better" company with the priestesses in Ellander and with Yennefer. After that she spent time with bandits (rats) and then she traveled through different worlds and probably rather met and talked to the "common folk" and not the nobility. And even during her childhood in Cintra and Skellige I doubt the little rebellious ciri liked to speak like a princess.

Last edited:
from what i've heard of Ciri, I don't like her voice.. It sounds to 'royal'... to British.
Ofcourse I want/need to hear more of her before I really decide I don't or do like it. But so far, I'm not a fan.

Maybe she learnt to speak 'proper' during her time in the castle with the mage Merlin. (If the fan translation was correct)
I haven't watched the video and I don't know what she sounds like (and hopefully I will be able to stick to my abstinence), but your post actually made me happy and optimistic about Ciri's voice. I imagine her like that. By the end of the books--
--when she meets Galahad, she practically commands him around by her sheer strength of character and confidence. Well, that, and the fact that he thought she was a mystical creature at first - but she managed to nurture his awe of her.

She's not exactly humble. From the way she acted in Kaer Morhen after Triss' instructions, with the Baron's daughter, the way she conducted herself with the Aen Elle, how she walked in to Stygga castle all full of herself, thinking she can call the shots, how she argued with the Lodge, and Yennefer at Rivia - and those are just from the top of my head. She can be pompous, and I don't feel that it's just as an act.

I think she should be cocky to some degree and very sure of herself in her early 20s. She was already so by the end of the novels.

Last edited:
And even during her childhood in Cintra and Skellige I doubt the little rebellious ciri liked to talk like a princess.

It¨s not a question of "like". Few people consciously choose their accents. They assume them at early age, and after that they rarely change unless they make a conscious effort to change them. Ciri was in a royal court until she was about 12, at which point most people have already absorbed their basic speech patterns for life. Just because Ciri didn't like all the courtly customs doesn't mean that she didn't spend all her days listening to posh accents and taking them in.

It¨s not a question of "like". Few people consciously choose their accents. They assume them at early age, and after that they rarely change unless they make a conscious effort to change them. Ciri was in a royal court until she was about 12, at which point most people have already absorbed their basic speech patterns for life. Just because Ciri didn't like all the courtly customs doesn't mean that she didn't spend all her days listening to posh accents and taking them in.
That may be true but I never had the impression that she speaks like a noble in the 5 books, And after spending 10+ years mostly in a "worse" company the way of speaking can change, especially because she barely spent any time amogst the higher class after Cintra was destroyed.

That may be true but I never had the impression that she speaks like a noble in the 5 books, And after spending 10+ years mostly in a "worse" company the way of speaking can change, especially because she barely spent any time amogst the higher class after Cintra was destroyed.
Speaking with an upper class accent is different from speaking like a noble. Ciri's certainly picked more common speech patterns, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to her accent. And as EliHarel mentions, she can still come off as quite royal and commanding when she so wishes.

Uhm...I think that is a youtuber fault.
In those many footages I've seen some good fights...and other bad fights because of rolling spam ect...
In this IGN Ciri segment "clunkyness" of the fight is probably caused by overusing blink ability, which clearly replaces Geralt's dodgeroll (not short dodge).
Rolling causes losing connection with your target, hence fighting looks far more clunky.

Well up till this point I only heard the Polish or Russian Ciri voice, and not understanding it but just by gearing it... I liked it immediatly, it sounded strong and a bit rough. But that might have been the Polish/Russian.

From that one moaning line and wolfs be gone line from the IGN video she sounds bitchy, but again I want to hear her speaking some full conversations.

The simple fact that we talk pages and pages about the accent of a character shows that the game seems to have no bigger problems. That is a good thing ^^

And.... she spent time in Thanedd's School. Any teacher noticed she speak like a low educated young girl...
She was with the Wtichers, Triss, Yennefer, Nenneke, Vysogota, well the list of educated people surrounding her is very long. The rats were a brief period in her live.

So.....Geralt is just a vessel?Fucking just?Fucking vessel?Give me a fucking brake.And all this according to one of the main writers?

No Ciri is NOT main character.Without Geralt;Triss,Yennefer and others she would most likely be dead.She might be important part of story,even very important because of her special nature but she is NOT main character.If Geralt just decided to sit with his arms crossed she would have been killed so many times by now.

Also all this nonsense about it merely being one guy's opinion......give....me.....fucking....brake.He just so happens to be one of the lead writers and of course that's going to influence the main story...I mean himself said that we will be able to see that from the story.

Hey.....at least tumblr,twitter,neogaf etc. wont give you any problems wink wink

:facepalm:

Pajkes;1624503[B said:
][/B]Hey.....at least tumblr,twitter,neogaf etc. wont give you any problems wink wink

Mehehe... ah well.

I agree, though... Ciri is the center of the story... one could argue she also was in the books, but she is NOT the main character of the series by any deffinition. She is too much of a Mary Sue/McGuffin to be a proper protagonist.

Mehehe... ah well.

I agree, though... Ciri is the center of the story... one could argue she also was in the books, but she is NOT the main character of the series by any deffinition. She is too much of a Mary Sue/McGuffin to be a proper protagonist.

Who the hell is Mary Sue/McGuffin?

Top Bottom