How many ingame days will it take to complete Witcher 3?

+
How many ingame days will it take to complete Witcher 3?

So it will take a hefty 200hrs to complete The Witcher 3, but does any know how many ingame days this equates to?

It would be really cool to know how many days Geralt spends roaming around in the Wilderness of No Man's Land. I don't know how easy it would be if an ingame 'days spent' log can be added to the game, but it would be a really good feature to know how many ingame days it will take to complete the whole game.

It will take between 50 and 200 hours is the current range suggested (with skipping dialogues/cutscenes allowing speed runs in 25 hours).

This should be between 15 and 60 days, or something on that order... ignoring any "travel time" between regions.

You could calculate based on how long it takes for a day to pass in-game when compared to real time. Problem arises when you have time jumps in the story, so you'd need to take that into account as well in order to have an accurate calculation, imo.

You could ignore story time jumps and just count the in-game time played, but then I really don't see the point of it.

I don't think we can get an accurate number of that because well... you can meditate for as long as you want multiple days can pass that way, any person can spend any amount of time in 1 location if they want, there could be timeskips in between.

I'm sure the devs could impement a simple counter that took into accout the amount of time you meditate, plus any days lost to the storytelling.

This is impossible to know because it's based strictly on your gameplay. what if you only want to fight and explore during the day. What if you're roleplaying and sleep? What if you're farming and wait 24 hours for a monster to respawn? If it is anything like W1 or W2 then game days mean nothing.

Couldn't we ask the devs to patch it in? It would add a whole new dimension to speed running the game.Like trying to complete the entire campaign in say 7 ingame days???

What they should do is to make fast travel take more in-game time. This means the speed guys have a problem. Either go for fast real time or go for fast in-game. But you can't get both.

If it's anything like my playthough of Oblivion turned out, it might be 2 years before I even go do the main story. XD

I never pay any attention to days passing in the Witcher or any RPG for that matter except when there is a quest that needs to get done in X number of days.

But man; whenever I play a Total War game especially Medieval 2, ending each turn and seeing each season passing breaks my heart. Seeing your best general hitting age 60 is the worst thing ever. He's your most loyal general, he's led your army to countless battles, and he has gained all those stars and good stats throughout the years. All along you know the inevitable is gonna happen, but it still hits me hard every time. The message will eventually pop up saying that one of your faction members is dead, and I'm like "No Henry. Why? Why did it have to be you? Rest in peace brave knight, Your memory will live forever". Then you have to deal with a degenerate unloyal dimwit, who feels unappreciated for no apparent reason, and sucks as a commander.

I actually did a playthrough of TW2 last month specifically to see how long it took in real time, assuming all quests, a fairly logical quest progression, and no time-wasting. At some stage, I may do the same with TW3.

(It was 30 days, by the way, including travelling time)

I just think if the game actually let you keep a log of how many the ingame days have passed it would be cool. It could easily include fast travel time meditating time etc.

I think the game shows the time of day but not the date. Not sure though just what I remember from videos

Unfortunately you seem to be correct - (looking at Gopher's vid) it shows time of day and weather but not date or day of the week.

Be nice if someone added this via mod. It might not make any difference in game but it's nice to know how long your character has been doing something....

but does any know how many ingame days this equates to?

Top Bottom