Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+

Buy a SSD drive loading times will be VERY VERY fast the first upgrade you should do for a console or a PC is use HDDs just for storage and use a SSD to run games and windows

---------- Updated at 07:03 PM ----------

While I'm sure it can probably be improved somewhat. You can't really 'fix' shitty 5400rpm HDDs, that the consoles have. (no offense intended)

I personally wouldn't put much stock into those requirements tests, tbh. The real difference in gaming performance between those two cpus is negligible. Like 5% or so.

Thanks a lot for the help man i understand a bit of computers but when it comes to these close comparisons i get lost

So thanks to the mag PS Extreme (and the polish Witcher site) we know that the PS4 version in pre-release version had about 40 seconds loading times after death or fast travel, but no bugs, pop-in mainly when riding the horse but the game has great horizonts-vistas, etc.. and apparently, when Geralt is in cold enviroments, his ears are red :D

http://www.witchersite.pl/component...y-oraz-dwie-minuty-rozgrywki-ciri-od-ign.html

Full translation of the points they make there(thanks www.witchersite.pl and @Lukas77PL):

• while exploring the world we will be able to meet characters(at least one), that will make us familiar with the map, get us up to speed with political situation in each region, tell us about battles fought and people holding power

• official confirmation – after finishing the first stage of the game, the whole worlds becomes open and we can go anywhere we like

• to reach certain areas we have to get an appropriate document, persuade the guards or just find one of the hidden passages.

• Ciri’s blink ability is analogical to Geralt’s roll

• Ciri doesn’t have a skill tree; getting new skills doesn’t depend on us, it’s a narrative method

• literally every disctrict Novigrad has its own notice board

• we will take on some really specific side quests connected to small, day-to-day matters but designed so that the player is surprised(we have a few examples but it’s better to know them during your first contact with the game)

• there are moments when the combat system resembles one from Souls series by From Software

• with the right character development combo animations change drastically, after that you can hardly recognize them

• we will hit upon a lot of shops in towns and villages. The person playing the game how she met a woman offering around 80 different items in the first random town

• unnecessary loot can be melted at the right craftsman and recover crafting materials this way

• there are many whetstones in the game that boost equipment elements

• it has been admitted that a lot has changes since last contact with the game – above all the bugs are not as striking

• apart from some objects slightly clipping through the horse the person playing the game hasn’t encountered ANY bugs/errors

• while fighting multiple enemies the animation has sustained 30 FPS

• they mention that the game simply enraptures you with scenery and vistas, that stretch out till the very horizon

• horse ride through packed Novigrad has made a great impression

• As far as tge city goes, there are some buildings inspired by Polish landmark buildings, like the Zuraw Crane in Gdansk

• Geralt’s ears turn red when there’s Frost

• Our horse is affected by the quality of the saddle we bought

• Eye blinders reduce the horse’s panic level when under attack

• saddlebags and blinders have a few upgrade levels – we can get them either through buying, finding or winning in horse races

• horse racing mechanic – we set the stake at the beginning, the race itself is about passing checkpoints, watching the stamina bar and blocking rivals(I admit that this element looks exactly like Red Dead Redemption)

• in bigger towns it will be possible to enter horse racing tournaments with greater numer of opponents

• the only flaw of console version are too long loading times after our hero’s death(same problem as in Bloodborne) or fast travel – it happened to be as long as 40 seconds;

• pop-in also happened, especially in galop

Last edited:
:comeatmebro:40 seconds is not that bad.. GTA5 takes longer to load I think, and that is one of the reasons I never play it anymore lol..
I really need a high end PC to fall into my lap. Anyone feeling kind enough to buy & send me one in the mail?
I'll be more then glad to give you my address if you PM. lol..
Hey,if a high end PC is nothing more then chunk change to you, I promise it will make my world a better place.
I'll keep it a secret lol.. Now please show this stranger some random love with your graceous act of kindness today!
Don't Wait.. ACT NOW!! ;):listen:

Last edited:
• with the right character development combo animations change drastically, after that you can hardly recognize them
What... what's the right character development?

I can drink a few beers in 40 seconds...So waiting game to load won't be too bad, I guess...
Oh wait...I don't have a PS4 :D
Smart Ass! PM me.. I'm ready for your loving PC gift of kindness lol..
I'll send you my cool Nvidia GEFORCE GTX beer bottle opener!! :yes:

Last edited:
According to the german facebook page there will be maybe a new trailer next week. There will be definitely new screens tomorrow and next week, console- gameplay, a "making of" of the german dubbing, the twitch stream and much more.

I can drink a few beers in 40 seconds...So waiting game to load won't be too bad, I guess...
Oh wait...I don't have a PS4 :D
It's k. I just won't die and fast travel cuz I'm pro like that:comeatmebro:

Anyway this is a non issue and quite forgivable for me for three reasons:
1. This is not the size of Bloodborne we're talking about here....THIS is one of the biggest rpgs to load on your screen to date while also looking exceptionally well for an open world experience. Bloodborne deserves no mercy for having a 40 second load time for a game especially one that's KNOWN to have plenty of trial and error.

2. I'm betting my left nut that the loading screen is not nearly as horrendous as Dragon Age Inquisition where they give you about 5 seconds attempting to read an entire page worth of lore and another 30 seconds of black screen on a vastly empty game map. That's....unexcusable.
From what I gather, initial load screens on W3 give you like a nice animated/stylized art frame of summarized stories of what your travels have resulted to update the player which sounds like an awesome way to pass time OR just stare at the glorious vistas they provide.

3. No silly loading screens on every inconsequential door/passage you enter. 80% of current gen games don't even have that /facepalm

Last edited:
• while fighting multiple enemies the animation has sustained 30 FPS

Thank god...or in this case CD Project Red.

---------- Updated at 09:07 PM ----------

Based on the reaction I saw from a bunch of Bloodboorne thread, there some PS4 users that appreciate long load times, it gives them time to consider why they died.

I wish I was joking too

Well, I always used the long loading times to get all of my rage out of my system....no living beings except me were hurt in the process :huh:

40 second loading times in this game really isn't so bad. Most of the loading screens you'll encounter are when you die and i can't see that being anything more than a minor annoyance. In a game like bloodborne, where you can potentially die every couple of minutes, that can be infuriating. How often are you going to realistically die in the Witcher 3. Yeah, there are going to be times where you die over and over, but for the most part your going to live for an hour or so on average. Not to mention the no loading screens thing will go a long way to alleviate the problem.

I think it seems worse if you're a PC gamer too. I only noticed long loading times in the 360 version of Skyrim for example, after I played the PC version.

Top Bottom