map

+

i wonder what 'oxenfruit' taste like

i was honestly going to ms paint one in, but i couldn't for the life of me figure what it would look like.

This guy can has the answer

Oxen kiss incomming

Attachments

• oxen_kiss.jpg
    oxen_kiss.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 46
You people are terrible.

(Also, off topic - the scale does seem bigger to me after that video. You get a better sense when he zooms in and out like that. It's the first time I understand why "massive" was used to describe it quite often.)

I understand why "massive" was used to describe it quite often

I know what you mean. There's also going to be addiitonal areas -- who knows how large Kaer Morhen is -- they have things like the Morhen Eye and other outskirt areas on the decorative map. I'm guessing around the size of White Orchard. I can completely understand how and why this would take 50 - 100 hours to play at a minimum. And from what I've seen of the quests and the complexity of investigating Points of Interest, I think I'll be spending much, much longer than 100 hours in a single play through.

This map pleases me greatly.

(PLUS TOUSSAINT GODDAMN)

So i have a question

Like we know the world is divided in big areas, but like can i walk without loading screen for example White Orchard to No Man's Land or From Novigrad to No Man's Land?

So i have a question

Like we know the world is divided in big areas, but like can i walk without loading screen for example White Orchard to No Man's Land or From Novigrad to No Man's Land?

No and yes!

No Man's Land and Novigrad is seamless and you will experience no loading screen whatsoever.
Skellige Isles (The five huge island + the small ones) you can transverse seamlessly without loading screen
White Orchad is the prologue area and as such a separate area.

If you want to travel between the three you will have to go though a loading screen :)

- hidden treasure
- dungeon
- monster nest
- place of power
- person in difficulties
- war loot
- smuggler hideout
- guarded treasure
- abandoned place
- bandits camp
- monster camp

Clearly a incomplete list as I don't see any miniature boobs icon that says brothel :p

Clearly a incomplete list as I don't see any miniature boobs icon that says brothel :p

It only lists the places of interest (question marks) on the map. I 'used' to speak german quite well (bit rusty nowadays) and followed that entire video, that is the context i got out of it.

I guess Cities/Towns have their own legend for their places of interest ;P

In the April 27 gaming bolt article, the NeoGaf people have calculated that

"The Witcher 3 is at least 3.7 times bigger than GTA: San Andreas (36 km2), 1.5 times bigger than GTA 5 (81 km2), 3.3 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption (41), 3 times bigger than Far Cry 4 (46 km2) and 3.5 times bigger than Skyrim (39 km2)."

Probably mis-estimate (high). There looks to be a significant border area within the gameworld. The densely populated core is almost certainly noticeably smaller.

The map is large enough to seem very large when in play, but without really extended durations for transit... so this isn't a concern for me at all, but I do think realistic expectations are better.

The world is fully open within each region, no loading screens between sub-regions or buildings... which is fairly spectacular for a game of this scope. To me this is far more important than bean-counting the size of the playable map and the scale of villages and towns seems much more reasonable (even though still a little compressed) than most other titles so far released.

Leaked map discussion

I found this link showing the map of the northern realms from the early retail version in the middle east. Take a look

http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Hmw08JH.jpg

I was wondering if this is the full map. If it is, looks like Kedwen+Aedern which should be in between Redania+Termeria and Kaer Moren are sqeezed out of existance. I don't know what to think of it. I was kind of expecting all four major northern realms. I wonder if I'd be able to visit Mahakam and Lyria. I suppose it won't be too bad to have Kaer Moren at top/north and the two missing countries to the right/east of the map shown. I also wonder Cintra is in the game. Probably not since it is south of the Yarra.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom