Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Excellent video for understanding the size of Witcher 3 map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPKTfyo4VRk

From what i see the map is not that huge. From map we can say that it is huge. But when Geralt moves The red dot moves faster comparing the scale of map. How do you think about this guys?

The map itself is absolutely massive, you can really see it when he zooms all the way out. The dot representing Geralt would be a tiny spec on the full map. Geralt is able to traverse very quickly which probably makes it feel smaller than it is.

Galloping *is* fast. As it should be.

Roughly gaits are around..
Walk 5-6km/h (though some can maintain walking gait to ~15km/h this is comparatively rare).
Trot 12-16km/h
Canter 16-27km/h
Full Gallop 48-64km/h (Strongly depending on condition and breed, with some even faster over very short distances, and others unable to do much more than a canter).

So full gallop (while maintained over short distances) could be expected to be around 10x faster than Geralt walking on foot... and 3-4 times faster than Geralt running.
Canter 3-4 times faster than walking and somewhat faster than running.

I was looking at a summary of skills on reddit and a question came to my mind. I know there is this thread but I am uncertain if 'we' get enough input there.(If this is not ok, please just move the post^^).

Do we know how many skillpoints we can get? Because it takes a massive amount of points to max a tree out and I imagine you'd still want for example muscle memory and Strength training from the combat tree, even if you are specialized in Signs. For a signs build you also need 'Focus' and at some point 'Techniques of the Gryphon school' from the General tree. We know that you lose the points you get from the places of power when you use the respec option(through an elixir). Can we go there and collect these points again or are they lost forever?
Edit: Another question is if we can skip upgrades of something. Lets say you put 8 points into signs, 4 points in Igni and 4 in Aard at the first level, will be be able to skill the second mode of Quen, even if we havent got any points in the quen upgrade in the first row?

Anyway, I like how many options you have in this skillsystem. For example, by skilling 'focus'(Adrenaline increases sign damage) you could potentially make your basic signs really powerful even if you are fully concentrated on the combat tree. Great stuff.

This makes me think about Gamespot saying they were told that the level cap was 60 but someone also mentioned "something about level 100"... which they assumed would be the cap in the expansion. I wonder if its actually a case where Geralt is capped at level 60 but he can get a total of 100 ability points.

Galloping *is* fast. As it should be.

Roughly gaits are around..
Walk 5-6km/h (though some can maintain walking gait to ~15km/h this is comparatively rare).
Trot 12-16km/h
Canter 16-27km/h
Full Gallop 48-64km/h (Strongly depending on condition and breed, with some even faster over very short distances, and others unable to do much more than a canter).

So full gallop (while maintained over short distances) could be expected to be around 10x faster than Geralt walking on foot... and 3-4 times faster than Geralt running.
Canter 3-4 times faster than walking and somewhat faster than running.

As someone that don't realIy expect to use Roach a lot and I doubt I will use fast travel at all although nothing is set in stone I predict this game will take me much more than the expected 200 hours if you do everything. I LOVE IT :D

Last edited:
Dodger and Gopher talk about what they thought of The Witcher 3 on the Co-Optional Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ZwTK0Tjk9PQ&t=1481

I liked it when TB asked if they saw anything that was or could potentially be bad down the line and they both got a bit silent :D
(then gopher brought up the issue of keeping the player entertained for 200 hours, but that was not based on what he saw.)

After watching all this gameplay reviews this last week, am I the one who when I sit in front my PC I'm searching for the TW3.exe, launch the game and going the quest on?

It's a nightmare...

After watching all this gameplay reviews this last week, am I the one who when I sit in front my PC I'm searching for the TW3.exe, launch the game and going the quest on?

It's a nightmare...

I've been feeling like that since 2013. Soon, the actual reviews will start showing up, and that's where the true suffering will start.

I've been feeling like that since 2013. Soon, the actual reviews will start showing up, and that's where the true suffering will start.

Yep i heard they will lift the embargo on tuesday may 5th does that mean we will see hours and hours of gameplay since i heard they played for 6+ hours

Yep i heard they will lift the embargo on tuesday may 5th does that mean we will see hours and hours of gameplay since i heard they played for 6+ hours
We kinda already have hours and hours. Just go back from this page and you'll get your fill.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34394-LINKS-ONLY-Witcher-3-News/page24

Or not? I dunno, personally there's more gameplay than I can ask for. I actually didn't even watch it all.

The only thing I can think of at the moment that will interest me is a high-level, swordsmanship focused Geralt in a combat video, to see just how different are the animations, or if it's just a token addition here and there to his moves.

Btw, do you guys know what's with the difference between what Gopher says about the requirements and settings, and what GameStar said?

GameStar said that they had everything turned on, including hairworks, and ran it at 60 fps. Gopher in contrast says that when he turned on hairworks, performance took a massive hit. Did I misunderstand something? If not, why the differences?

GameStar said that they had everything turned on, including hairworks, and ran it at 60 fps. Gopher in contrast says that when he turned on hairworks, performance took a massive hit. Did I misunderstand something? If not, why the differences?

I have seen a few argued around this forum (can't remember where) that the reason Gopher experienced the massive drop and Gamestar didn't was that the YouTubers played a earlier build. Where they got the information from about the builds and whether they are just spreading FUD I cannot say but with the amount of builds CDPR have had circulating I wouldn't be surprised that there is some truth that this could be the reason.

Another reason could be that Gopher is just extremely sensitive to anything below 60 fps and the Gamestar journalist isn't. I have followed Gopher on YouTube for over two years now and in some videos he does mention that he find even slightly below 60 fps extremely annoying and unpleasant and he will do almost everything to have it above.

Top Bottom