Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
They weren't, no. But I can't begin to answer why they would play a less advanced build of the game than GameStar, more than a month after GameStar had their hands on it, and just a few days before the Gold was announced.

Yeah, that makes no sense. Plus, CDPR itself has not shied away from warning us that hairworks will murder performance. The Gamestar comment seems to be the outlier and the one I am most wary of.

Well, there will be some improvements with the drivers that will come with the game I guess, but how much... I guess we will have to wait and see. I didn't care about HairWorks so much before, but after seeing Geralt's hair and more importantly Roach's amazing mane; I'll be mighty sad if I can't have it... :)

Guys, does anyone know, if there's somewhere available the song that played during the IGN Ciri sneak peek? I noticed the russian video plays it in the background as well, but I've been unable to find it, so far. Thanks in advance.

For the love of everything that's holy can all of you European youtubers please... PLEASE put english subtitles on your VIDEOS!!!!!11111

Also, prz stop recording stuff when its ingame nighttime.... hard to enjoy a preview of the game when people are playing in night time. I thought these 2 suggestions would be common for video makers... I mean I don't make videos but I would have thought "hey I'm making spanish videos, let me put ENGLISH subtitles so more people can understand what's going on"

Thx

I can definitely agree that it would be nice, but it's not like they are doing anything wrong. they were invited because they are "big" in their country. obviously they are gonna make videos for their audience.
and I find night time just as interesting as day time. some videos have this, some that. that's why they invited like 20 people.

Maybe it is just me but doesn't this guy play with hairworks on?
https://youtu.be/oI020ktIaVA?t=148
Yes just look at Geralt's and Griffin's hairs they look awesome. Also which is the reason why game plays below 60 FPS. I hope i can play this game with Hairworks on with constant at least 30 FPS with my 970. Some other youtuber said that when you open this Nvidia effect it impacts the framerate huge and sometimes felt like 25 FPS or smth. Even with a 980.

Seems like he does indeed.

He does play with hairworks enabled, he states so shortly after the second cut.
The build is an "early press build" thus the NPC popping in. Sadly this is not specified.

Some other youtuber said that when you open this Nvidia effect it impacts the framerate huge and sometimes felt like 25 FPS or smth. Even with a 980.
That was Gopher. He's rather sensitive to less than 60 fps, so take this statement with a grain of salt. He only said "it feels like 25" not actually "runs at 25" as you wrote.

Last edited:
He does play with hairworks enabled, he states so shortly after the second cut.
The build is an "early press build" thus the NPC popping in. Sadly this is not specified.

This is also the reason why the youtubers played a different build on which the hairworks had such a huge impact, the Quest-Designer says there are so much different builds floating around because of optimization that they simply can't always use the newest for their own convenience

Judging from the map over Nilfgaard's territory, it looks like Vergen gets conquered anyway which really sucks.
I sort of hope maybe the map changes according to what decisions you made in the previous game, especially since it seems weird that Radovid would absorb Kaedwen if Henselt is still alive.

Maybe it is just me but doesn't this guy play with hairworks on?
https://youtu.be/oI020ktIaVA?t=148

@EliHarel I think you can see hairworks on in this preview and it defiantly to me doesn't look as smooth as some of the other previews that have been shown. Whether there's a 25 fps I can't say :)
Yeah, oh well. I was wondering if there was some clear answer about the differences between GameStar and Gopher, but too many variables right now, so I'll drop it and find out myself in 15 days, 3 hours and 5 4 minutes. At the moment it seems that GameStar didn't give a clear enough description of the frames.

I'd love to, but it's actually hella long. Is there anything specific you're curious about? The guy's talking about the game, immersion, how well it starts, etc. Notes the slower pace and the variety in quests, too. Shows off some pretty dark choices. Even homophobia!
Sidequests can directly affect the flow of the main story. For example, that choice where you can either buy some drinks for the "bandits" or just kill them, will have an interesting consequence.

Still, the only real highlight of the video is my cutie Metz.

Spoilers about Keira:
Apparently she's closely related to the main plot (?) and you'll even get to explore some elven ruins with her, looking for any traces of Kelpie, which Ciri is still riding, somehow.
View attachment 13338

Spoilers about Vizima:
As far as I understand it, you can go there whenever you want, via fast-travel, but the rest of Vizima is inaccessible. In the Palace, the Nilfgaardian ambassador will brief you about the current political situation. Some guy also name-drops Letho, but it doesn't go anywhere.
Some ugly-looking Nilf asks you some questions and that's how you set-up your W2 choices. The Nilf asked about Aryan, but the video doesn't show anything else.
Also, there are like 3 or 4 different "formal outfits" for you.
You can also refuse to bow to Emhyr, for which he'll make fun of your etiquette skills. :facepalm:

Attachments

• Metz!.jpg
    Metz!.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'd love to, but it's actually hella long. Is there anything specific you're curious about? The guy's talking about the game, immersion, how well it starts, etc. Notes the slower pace and the variety in quests, too. Shows off some pretty dark choices. Even homophobia!
The only real highlight of the video is my cutie Metz.

Apparently she's closely related to the main plot (?) and you'll even get to explore some elven ruins with her, looking for any traces of Kelpie or Ciri.
View attachment 13338

I just wanted a little summary and you gave me just that(without even really knowing it).
Thank you very much! :D

The framerate is indeed a lot worse in that video with the Hairworks enabled. The fact that it's so noticable in a Youtube video, says it all, tbh. At least thus far.

I didn't see any such choppy frame rates in the other preview videos. Even 2 minutes in, I can see the lower fps is clearly noticable.

Top Bottom