Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rather worrisome -- I hope that was the limit of your friend's action!

Yeah she was just trying to get me to continue with our drinking game and I was too drunk to consider how that extra drink was going to affect me. Sigh.

---------- Updated at 10:14 PM ----------

Drink plenty of water and other fluid (gatorade, if you can find it, or make your own electrolyte-infused drink); your body is dehydrated and is lacking the necessary nutrients for efficient muscle action due to your intoxication- if you can manage it, eat a banana or any other potassium-rich snack
And yeah, remember for future reference, choose your drinking buddies wisely!

I've been drinking water mainly, tea or anything else seems to just make me throw up again.
And sadly I don't have any bananas.... but I seem to be keeping the potato wedges down so... fingers crossed i won't throw up this time

Yeah she was just trying to get me to continue with our drinking game and I was too drunk to consider how that extra drink was going to affect me. Sigh.

I've been drinking water mainly, tea or anything else seems to just make me throw up again.
And sadly I don't have any bananas.... but I seem to be keeping the potato wedges down so... fingers crossed i won't throw up this time

I really hope you feel better very soon! I can't offer much advice, but I've found that -- once you're over the worst effects of the alcohol-poisoning -- a bit of light exercise helps me, at least, feel a bit better: usually a half-hour walk. It helps with the circulation, and mitigates the headaches.

Last edited:

---------- Updated at 10:14 PM ----------

You're going about it the right way. First, you need fluids that will stay down. Dehydration is your worst enemy until you get over the insult to your stomach. Then replenish carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins in no particular order. Starches, fruits, and juices are good for that. Nothing wrong with potatoes, they are high in both fast-acting high-glycemic carbohydrates and potassium.

@RivenII is right, get mild exercise as soon as you are comfortable with being upright. If that's out of the question, mindless TV or movies is not that bad of a way to keep your brain engaged.

Last edited:
get mild exercise as soon as you are comfortable with being upright. If that's out of the question, mindless TV or movies is not that bad of a way to keep your brain engaged.

It can vary from person to person, but the light of the screens can, in some cases, cause eye-strain, which can worsen the situation. I would recommend reading in bed, preferably with an old-fashioned book. I might be a good idea for @Princess_Ciri.782 to spend some time away from a screen for a while.

Last edited:
Might not be the best advice - but in gopnik lands, the best cure for hangover is to drink more.

But that only works on slav people, so following other's advice would be preferable.

Well-known from Latin America to Korea and all points between.

LLOYD THE BARTENDER: What'll it be, sir?
JACK TORRANCE: Hair of the dog that bit me.
LLOYD: Bourbon on the rocks.
JACK: That'll do her.

Love Lagunitas, but haven't had that the pleasure of trying that one yet- Been on a steady staple of various IPAs

Might not be the best advice - but in gopnik lands, the best cure for hangover is to drink more.

But that only works on slav people, so following other's advice would be preferable.

You are threading on thin ice, in danger of revealing the Slav perpetuum mobile to mere mortals, and I know you don't want to get excommunicated from the gopnik hivemind, so be careful of what advice you share in the future.

Also, post more beer brands guys, I need inspiration

Hooray, beer!

So i just tried this:

and WOW; it tastes like a rich, well-balanced bourbon, accented by notes of coffee and chocolate, with none of the burn!
All my scotch/cognac/whiskey aficionados, Challah!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Good morning Hairy Bear!

Woke up early this morning and went for a jog to enjoy the sunny and (typically) frosty spring morning.

Looking forward to summer and warmer weather. Which should arrive just in time for my summer vacation. :yes:

So this Saturday I ordered a rather expensive guitar. I've been saving up for it for a couple of years now. I know it is a long time, but I don't work regularly. Anyway. I also got a bill for the heating gas, which was rather large, since it was a "reconciliation bill". Don't know if that exists where you guys live.

That means that I am almost out of money at the start of the month. I eat lunch at my University cafeteria on the weekdays, since it is free. But today was a really hot day. And I didn't bring a jacket. Which means I didn't have my wallet with me, and thus I didn't have my student pass.

Who could've known, today a guy was at the door of the cafeteria checking for passes. That doesn't happen often. I couldn't get through. So I decided to return home and eat bread or whatever. On my way, there is this little shop. A mini market of sorts. The guy who owns the place is sitting outside eating fries, cheese, bread and pastrami.

We usually talk so, I tell him that I got kicked out of the cafeteria today. And he just told me to sit down. Offered me beer and half of what he was eating, it was a lot. We ate and chatted and so on until we finished the food. I tried to pay for it he said, "if you pay me now, we won't ever do that again". I didn't pay.

I don't know, I thought this was a cool story. Made my day actually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom