Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Gopher also mentioned that they were still working on optimizing it. They did record it on a build that was older by the time they were there, and that was about one week or so before the game went gold. Nevermind the day 1 patch AND Nvidia drivers that will improve things as well.

What did you expect? If you know how physics work they normally take a huge chuck of proformance form any game.

Because he mentioned they were using a 980 which is the card I just bought. Damn near 600 usd, so of course I've got hopes of maxing things out.

You really want that? I mean no surprises or anything. For me personally i don't want to see no more screenshots or gameplay. I wanna be surprised when i go somewhere i never saw. The torture for me will be trying to avoid thous type of things.

Of course not the entirety of the sewers or Novigrad for that matter but just a few minutes of it. So yes we differ in that regard. I know for some it would be absolutely annoying or somewhat a spoiler to see it. I am just not like that so I wouldn't mind see it. What I don't want to see more of however is the same environment and places over and over again. I am fed up with seeing those. Not to be confuse with that I don't want to play those areas any less though by myself :)

I really don't understand that any of these YouTubers didn't say to themselves: "Hey maybe I should show something different than the same thing as the rest to have something unique for my audience to differ myself from the others and broaden my appeal". One of them did that with a tiny little bit of Oxenfurt and I would have loved to see more of that. Also the last Russian guy from today had some unique photo. I loved that.

Speaking of Keira Metz, i saw this awhile back although i dont really know why i didnt post it earlier

at 0:49

So is it safe to assume that this video is the game played on Max settings since the hair effects are enabled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI020ktIaVA&feature=youtu.be&t=1557

Save to assume is only the fact that Hairworks is enabled as it was stated in the video explicitly. If the graphic settings work in a usual way, you could turn everything else down and only enable hairworks (which would not make any sense, but still, you could)
I would assume that it's the usual mixture of high and ultra used at all the newer hands on events + hairworx.

Take with a pinch of salt. The core of the map where the player operates is almost certainly significantly smaller than the map extents. Not necessarily "untrue" but maybe not quite what it sounds like it means.

Of course not the entirety of the sewers or Novigrad for that matter but just a few minutes of it. So yes we differ in that regard. I know for some it would be absolutely annoying or somewhat a spoiler to see it. I am just not like that so I wouldn't mind see it. What I don't want to see more of however is the same environment and places over and over again. I am fed up with seeing those. Not to be confuse with that I don't want to play those areas any less though by myself :)

I really don't understand that any of these YouTubers didn't say to themselves: "Hey maybe I should show something different than the same thing as the rest to have something unique for my audience to differ myself from the others and broaden my appeal". One of them did that with a tiny little bit of Oxenfurt and I would have loved to see more of that. Also the last Russian guy from today had some unique photo. I loved that.

Yeah i totally get it. There are even some people that don't want to see a thing about the game and i always wondered how they can do that. Btw without telling me exactly what was in the photo, was it like a new area place or character?

Yeah i totally get it. There are even some people that don't want to see a thing about the game and i always wondered how they can do that. Btw without telling me exactly what was in the photo, was it like a new area place or character?

If you mean the Russian (not 100% sure it was Russian) guy today? Then yes he had some unique materiel from eg. the palace of Vizema and some more dungeon play so it was to me defiantly a breathe of fresh air from the other Youtubers although there still was a vast amount of the same as the others and some reused material from trailers and demos like the 35 min. And yes there were some new characters in it and together with the new areas I would defiantly not recommend watching it if you want to stay absolutely spoiler free. :)

You know what is most impressiv for me? All that hard work from CD Projekt to make Witcher 3 world beautiful, credible and most important diversed. And they declared that it is last Witcher game, at least for now. I mean, look at all these other large companies which are making games year by year basicly using those same game assets. How do you thing, why Activision decided that new Call of Duty will be again set up in some kind of futuristic world, again, 3th time in a row? Cause it's a lot cheaper to use graphic assets created in previous games. Same with Ubisoft and their AC for ex. Why they did game with pirates (Black Flag)? Because they created whole sea and ships mechanics in AC 3. With AC Victory they basicly gonna do it again, change some buildings and make couple new things just to make Paris looks like Londyn. CD Projekt put incredible huge amount of work into Witcher world and they can't even use it again cause their next game, Cyberpunk 2077 is something totaly different.

Last edited:
You know what is most impressiv for me? All that hard work from CD Projekt to make Witcher 3 world beautiful, credible and most important diversed. And they declared that it is last Witcher game, at least for now. I mean, look at all these other large companies which are making games year by year basicly using those same game assets. How do you thing, why Activision decided that new Call of Duty will be again set up in some kind of futuristic world, again, 3th time in a row? Cause it's a lot cheaper to use graphic assets created in previous games. Same with Ubisoft and their AC for ex. Why they did game with pirates (Black Flag)? Because they created whole sea and ships mechanics in AC 3. With AC Victory they basicly gonna do it again, change some buildings and make couple new things just to make Paris looks like Londyn. CD Projekt put incredible huge amount of work into Witcher world and they can't even use it again cause their next game, Cyberpunk 2077 is something totaly different.

Yes, those guys are almost too amazing to be true. To my tastes now they're the only company that produces AAA games truly worth playing. The only other games I'm really looking forward to nowadays are from kickstarter, independant developers, Paradox, that kind of things. Actually, without the prospect of TW3 and Star Citizen, I don't think I would have bought a gaming rig at all! I'm afraid CDPR are among the last of the mohicans, but if Wild Hunt does well hopefully their passionate way of doing things will snowball... or one can dream.

Yep, and I heard CDPR are making mostly new assests for the Toussaint expansion. I would think most companies would probably just reuse assests from the main game.

Last edited:
@Khaos-51 Yeah, if you are expecting a bugless game with a huge world like this, you are going to have a bad time :) Be happy if there are no game-breaking bugs, or if it's not a bug-fest like Bethesda games. I'm sure there will be lots of small glitches like this on release. (It's also good to point out that this is not even the Gold build, and some YouTubers said that some of the stuff in the videos are already fixed).

@Khaos-51 Yeah, if you are expecting a bugless game with a huge world like this, you are going to have a bad time :) Be happy if there are no game-breaking bugs, or if it's not a bug-fest like Bethesda games. I'm sure there will be lots of small glitches like this on release. (It's also good to point out that this is not even the Gold build, and some YouTubers said that some of the stuff in the videos are already fixed).

Better explain myself better.

For some reason the time i linked didnt work at first, its now fixed and i like how he was dancing trying to dodge Geralt's bolt shots

Yeah I went to the time-point in the link before replying. My point is, while it's good that the NPC is trying to dodge, he's not getting closer when Geralt is aiming with the crossbow. And I'm guessing that's a small glitch, which probably won't happen all the time (and hopefully is fixed by now). And there will be glitches like this for sure. It comes with the genre and the size.

I said months ago that even if they provide a huge open-world game with only a small amount of insignificant bugs, that by itself is revolutionizing the genre :) (I'm pointing to you Bethesda...)

Top Bottom