The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Retail PC Version FAQ

+
Don't nit pick my comments. Don't dance around the other issues I brought up. I know delaying is not an option.

Now. What do I care about leaks. What do I care about pirates. What do I care about online people. I care about the product in retail. As it stands, day 1, codes and retail product will be up for sale, secondhand. As it stands the offline buyers are cut off.

Anyway. I have said what I wanted to say. The Witcher 3 PC retail product cuts off the offline gamers. And Dragonbird doesn't care because that number is small or so he says.

I just want to know when the second batch is coming out, so that I can know when to buy the product I wanted.

this doesn't make a lick of sense. Its not like they are asking you to download a massive file or a day one patch, all it requires is a small file and then you can unplug the computer and play offline. If you dont want to patch or do anything don't, but this is 2015, even people with bad internet can download a small file... and compared to virtually every other game I have bought this year, this is nothing.

I pre-ordered the retail version, because i don't want to download so much GBs again. I could download it, but i want to have it faster than "3-days-permanent-downloading".
Why should i sell the key afterwards? Its my backup, the CDs can break, getting lost or sth else.
I like this system a lot and i expected that we can't play as soon as we get our retail version.

It's nothing to bitch about here, lol.

@Persei8, trying to make a point when it has nothing to say in this discussion and to continue with it, is derailing.

Instead, it is more appropriate for you to start a separate thread somewhere else to discuss what you are discussing now.
To be honest, it's a bit tacky to say "I am the voice of those without a voice here"
Like me saying, "I speak for everyone who is not here right now because I say so.."

This is 2015 and half of the world is without internet. For someone like you, here on the internet, it's easy for you to download anything. Just because it's easy for you don't expect it to be easy for all. This PC retail product of CDPR is not for all. People with no internet can not buy this product. I know you can't fathom the offline world. But it's out there. And CDPR has cut them off, just like the rest of the PC retail game publishers.

It's 2015 and many people have many problems and your problem is that many other people have a problem and you want to tell everyone that they have a problem and it's not cool, but you already said this in your first post.

I think you are being unreasonable and unfair, and the developers of The Witcher 3 has been fantastic and is being very fair and reasonable, you are not. Sorry!

@Persei8 , trying to make a point when it has nothing to say in this discussion and to continue with it, is derailing.

Instead, it is more appropriate for you to start a separate thread somewhere else to discuss what you are discussing now.
To be honest, it's a bit tacky to say "I am the voice of those without a voice here"
Like me saying, "I speak for everyone who is not here right now because I say so.."

Dude. enjoy this product. It's for people like you. But let's not act like the offline gamers has not been cut off. Let's not act like these gog codes and the retail product, will not be sold off, secondhand. This is going to happen. This is going to happen a lot all over from day 1. Just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

I don't want this to happen. A simple retail PC game product with no backup codes and no internet needed, would have been fine. If people decided to sell the product, for whatever reason, they could sell it for less than what they paid for the product.
But that's not the case here.

Last edited:
I have already pre-ordered. I'm not going to waste my time cancelling shit. I am not one of the offline buyers. I have internet, clearly. Doesn't mean I won't speak for those without internet. Because guess what, those without internet, their voices are not heard on here.

As for this shitty product. I will sell the code. I will sell the retail game. And I will still get to play the game while I wait for the proper product to be released. It's almost like CDPR is giving me money to play their game. lol.

I thought it would be different this time around. I guess things are not changing for the good. CDPR is just the lesser of two evils. lesson learnt come Cyberpunk 2077.

There are options. They are being clear and upfront. You dont like that you need the internet but when faced with the option that requires not to need the internet it is still not good enough. If you have internet enough to post on forums you have internet enough to download a 'start' file.

I know one thing for sure, compare to virtually other game maker in this whole world (other than Paradox) CD are amazing, effortless and transparent. I am more than happy to jump through ONE hoop just to play compared to all thers that put road blocks up at every turn and virtually want your blood and even then the game doesn't work for the first.

Dude. enjoy this product. It's for people like you. But let's not act like the offline gamers has not been cut off. Let's not act like these gog codes and the retail product, will not be sold off, secondhand. This is going to happen. This is going to happen a lot all over from day 1. Just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean it's not going to happen.
I will enjoy The Witcher 3, that's why I'm here, right. :)

There are bigger problems in the world than people not having Internet access at home to download a patch for the Witcher 3.

Good thing tho, some of those people might know some people that have Internet and will be able to download a patch from their home, yay!

The point is that you shouldn't have to go look for the rest of the game after buying that said product in retail.

CDProjekt makes big efforts to avoid as much as possible big DRM systems.
In exchange to that, they have to face even more egocentric reactions than if they were steam only.

It's a wonderful world.

They should have just delayed the PC retail game, if pirates (non buyers) were the concern.

Isn't this exactly what they've done, from the perspective of offline players? If they have no way to go online, they'll just have to wait a little bit more to get the game. CDPR isn't cutting people with no access to the Internet off from playing the game, they're just saying they'll have to wait for the second production batch.

Plus, first you say you'll sell the game and wait for "the product you wanted", then you say you'll be able to download everything at day-one and will play anyway until it comes out. So which one is it?

Maybe you should just calm down a bit and reorganize your thoughts, because I'm have a bit of a hard time following you.

The point is that you shouldn't have to go look for the rest of the game after buying that said product in retail.

I'm not convinced that half the world who has a PC that can play the Witcher3 doesn't have access to internet. The reasoning that you give isn't valid. I also don't see what you're trying to achieve, no one else agrees with you.

No1 agrees with me because this is the internet world. And the internet world can't fathom the offline world.

I see the offline gamers. I see the PC's and no internet. But let me not go into that. That's not the issue here. The issue here is this retail product of CDPR.

They should have just delayed the PC retail game, if pirates (non buyers) were the concern.

Then PC gamers would demand CDPR's head on a pike for telling their main market to go fuck themselves because they are filthy pirates. So hell no.

And the internet world can't fathom the offline world.

The offline PC gaming market is effectively dead.

I see the offline gamers. I see the PC's and no internet. But let me not go into that. That's not the issue here. The issue here is this retail product of CDPR.

i don't think you do. Also there is no issue.
Again, what are you trying to achieve?

Isn't this exactly what they've done, from the perspective of offline players? If they have no way to go online, they'll just have to wait a little bit more to get the game. CDPR isn't cutting people with no access to the Internet off from playing the game, they're just saying they'll have to wait for the second production batch.

Plus, first you say you'll sell the game and wait for "the product you wanted", then you say you'll be able to download everything at day-one and will play anyway until it comes out. So which one is it?

Maybe you should just calm down a bit and reorganize your thoughts, because I'm have a bit of a hard time following you.

Yes that is the case. The offline PC buyers will have to wait. And they shouldn't have to wait.

And I'm not speaking about myself. I am speaking about the PC retail game product that CDPR is selling and what could happen and what's going to happen. Hell I might even join in.

As it stands with the product. You buy it, install it, sell it, and you can still play the game. So you can sell two versions, which means you can get more money than what you paid for the product. That's going to happen. I don't mean me, but that will happen from day 1. I can be sure of that.
Then the other thing is the offline buyers being cut off.

A simple DRM-free product with no backup codes and no internet needed would have been fine. No unnecessary problems.

Well if offline gamers being cut off and getting the option of selling two products after buying one product, is ok for CDPR to not get the game leaked or pirated.

---------- Updated at 12:58 PM ----------

The offline PC gaming market is effectively dead.

Why is it dead and how can you wake it up. Dare I say include the offline gamers again. lol.

---------- Updated at 12:59 PM ----------

i don't think you do. Also there is no issue.
Again, what are you trying to achieve?

Oh so you telling me I don't see what I see. wow. Put put your experiences onto me. Your experiences does not equate the world.

This is 2015 and half of the world is without internet. For someone like you, here on the internet, it's easy for you to download anything. Just because it's easy for you don't expect it to be easy for all. This PC retail product of CDPR is not for all. People with no internet can not buy this product. I know you can't fathom the offline world. But it's out there. And CDPR has cut them off, just like the rest of the PC retail game publishers.

So , you're thinking there's PC gamers without using any internet connection.. You're just ridiculous.

@Persei8, this is all hearsay.

You can not speak for others in a discussion, or for others who are not here.

Nothing you say for others has any value in this discussion as they are not present.
In a discussion you should speak for yourself, and yourself alone.

Or else I will begin to speak for the dead.

Last edited:
Users are required to state their opinions in a concise and friendly fashion. Repeating yourself over and over can be considered spam or derailment.

Users continuing in this fashion will be moderated.

It'd be great if they could do a Blu-Ray retail version in the future. Saves messing around with 7 DVDs. I already got the GOG version, was hoping to have both, but I think I'll wait for a patched retail version instead.

Top Bottom