The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dying light is crap. Secondly the maps are tiny, the same geometry used for buildings. The W3 is huge.. bloody huge.. There thousands of characters walking around, moving cloth is not really important, there has been downgrades obviously, the game still look amazing, do I wish we had the visuals shown? hell yes. Has it been downgraded for consol parity.. i truly truly hope CD would'nt do that.

They are the best devs out there and have the most respect of any company in the business from the community, they know that, so I don't think they would shaft us unless m$ paid some top dolla to keep them all looking the same. Features have gone, ones that us graphics whores all wanted, what can we do about? nothing, CD must of had ligit reasons.

Dying light is crap. Secondly the maps are tiny, the same geometry used for buildings. The W3 is huge.. bloody huge.. There thousands of characters walking around, moving cloth is not really important, there has been downgrades obviously, the game still look amazing, do I wish we had the visuals shown? hell yes. Has it been downgraded for consol parity.. i truly truly hope CD would'nt do that.

They are the best devs out there and have the most respect of any company in the business from the community, they know that, so I don't think they would shaft us unless m$ paid some top dolla to keep them all looking the same. Features have gone, ones that us graphics whores all wanted, what can we do about? nothing, CD must of had ligit reasons.

this is shitposting pic from 4chan but on bottom there is line where parity is clarified

@oOParaOo

Agree with you there, some features do look toned down but I don't think it's because of console parity. Remember Witcher 3 is CDPR's most ambitious project to date and the reason why they completely avoided previous gen consoles is because they are committed to push the quality otherwise they could have gone the path of other devs and made it for 5 platforms instead of just 3, lots of money for them but they avoided that as they wanted it to be a truly next gen game.

My guess behind any reduction in graphical feature(s) is because they had to keep the game playable on PC as well. Currently it's the first game with Batman AK being second that ask for a GTX 980 to achieve 60 fps on 1080p and even then some Youtuber said that PhysX effects were disabled as they were hitting performance quite hard and they are still trying to optimize so I think they did their best already.

We can bash them all we want but it doesn't change the fact that they achieved what other studios cannot. A GTX 980 cannot maintain steady 60 fps in Assassins Creed Unity even when it doesn't use features like HairWorks, PhysX etc so what are we truly expecting from CDPR ? Their game is several times bigger than Assassins Creed Unity and has additional features and it still maintains 60 fps on 980 so that's very impressive for me, beyond that they will have to recommend either 980 SLI or Titan X to achieve 60 fps at 1080p.

Thanks :( 25k to 5k one looks gloriously pc with sharp textures, one looks muddy, flat and dull.

---------- Updated at 01:43 PM ----------

@oOParaOo

Agree with you there, some features do look toned down but I don't think it's because of console parity. Remember Witcher 3 is CDPR's most ambitious project to date and the reason why they completely avoided previous gen consoles is because they are committed to push the quality otherwise they could have gone the path of other devs and made it for 5 platforms instead of just 3, lots of money for them but they avoided that as they wanted it to be a truly next gen game.

My guess behind any reduction in graphical feature(s) is because they had to keep the game playable on PC as well. Currently it's the first game with Batman AK being second that ask for a GTX 980 to achieve 60 fps on 1080p and even then some Youtuber said that PhysX effects were disabled as they were hitting performance quite hard and they are still trying to optimize so I think they did their best already.

We can bash them all we want but it doesn't change the fact that they achieved what other studios cannot. A GTX 980 cannot maintain steady 60 fps in Assassins Creed Unity even when it doesn't use features like HairWorks, PhysX etc so what are we truly expecting from CDPR ? Their game is several times bigger than Assassins Creed Unity and has additional features and it still maintains 60 fps on 980 so that's very impressive for me, beyond that they will have to recommend either 980 SLI or Titan X to achieve 60 fps at 1080p.

Agreed, but those features could of been left in for future proofing, I can;t explain why.. i just feel we could of had those visuals but consol parity has held us back. I still do not know why parity exists.. why should the powerhouse pc's been reduced for the sofa crowd? makes my blood boil. Let the PC have the option of 25k view distance, we know its possible by the screenshots, just look it! it looks amazing!!! the other (my opion) looks like the kind of thing we used to compare pc and 360 screens.

As I have said it too late, I only wish the dam consols never came out they hold the industry and Pc gaming back.

I have said my piece, no more on downgrades and parity its pointless, CD call the shots not us.

this is shitposting pic from 4chan but on bottom there is line where parity is clarified

The surrounded text is not evidence for console parity, it just clarifies that the game is built from the same resources on all platforms, then the system specific optimizations come into play.

look at right side of right picture, wind mill and wall and towers are the same

if you still don't believe watch trailer world of wither this is after she-elf scene
It's Oxenfurt according to the gamestar journalist who played the game for 12 hours.

Console parity will always hamper PC games quality. It's been like this for ages and will always be like this as long as consoles exist. Doesn't matter if the developers started on PC like CDPR or Crytek, eventually they will play in the console market because that's where the prize pool is. PC will always be the last clients to receive the treatments.

As a hardcore gamer that solely relies on PC only, I too felt disgusted by this matter at first, but slowly I learned to accept this fact over the years. At least CDPR actually try their best to make their visualization of the game prototype into reality unlike some other companies which promise some godlike looking games and turn out to be nerfed way too much (yes Ubi it's always you). With the help of modding communities, some PC games can easily be modded. Also, PC games tends to be cheaper compared to console counterpart (at least in Malaysia where I live, both digital download and physical versions of games are way cheaper for PC).

So IMO in today's PC gaming, as long as the company doesn't over-promised their games, I'm cool with that. Witcher 3, to me, is shaping up nicely anyway. Yes there are some obvious downgrades which can't be denied but overall the game still looks solid

Just my two cents

They said they don't have time and resources for creating different assets for every platform (which is totally understandable). Nothing about optimization.

didn't they say that thy don't have time and resources for individual optymalization?
that is why one build is compiled for 3 versions automatically

https://youtu.be/_AWw2Haadbk?t=32s

this is oxenfurt
I know that this is Oxenfurt and what makes you think the she-Elf scene isn't from the same city? The journalist cleary stated in his analyse of the World of tte Witcher trailer that it's Oxenfurt, because
Radovid's ship lay's on that water you can in the she-elf scene.

didn't they say that thy don't have time and resources for individual optymalization?
that is why one build is compiled for 3 versions automatically

They may build from the same source, but I'm pretty sure they do some fine tuning, especially for XBO and PS4.

They said that they are making the game run as good as possible on each platform, so they most certainly are doing some optimizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom