Game start

+
Game start

At the very beginning of the game, what do you start with?

I am guessing you have armour and both swords. Do you have your crossbow? What about potions? Traps and bombs?

What about starting skills?

Is the horse Roach automatically owned at the beginning or do you have to earn it later on?

Is there video of the very start, i mean right after the opening cinematics?

Do you have access to ALL your signs?

Last edited:
Yeah i have seen that. Is that ACTUALLY the first 15 minutes of the game or is it after the tutorial/prologue?

The graphics on the opening scene here is amazing - much better than most of the YouTube videos I've seen so far.

The only weak spot that I noticed (or which stood out and called attention to itself) was the horse mounting animation seemed to have a discontinuity in it (though the dismount was fluid).

Last edited:
Quite a lot of big games start out with many things missing. The reason for this is that the developers want you to learn how to use X before allowing the use of Y.

For example, you might get access to Aard but no other signs. For me personally, i find that really annoying. To me, that is far too much hand holding. If i want a crossbow 2 minutes after starting to play LET ME HAVE A CROSSBOW. Do not prevent me from having my freedom!

Quite a lot of big games start out with many things missing. The reason for this is that the developers want you to learn how to use X before allowing the use of Y.

For example, you might get access to Aard but no other signs. For me personally, i find that really annoying. To me, that is far too much hand holding. If i want a crossbow 2 minutes after starting to play LET ME HAVE A CROSSBOW. Do not prevent me from having my freedom!
You will have access to all signs from the beginning

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to use every sign right from the beginning.
As for the crossbow: As far as I understood it will be part of the main quest to aquire a crossbow to fight the griffin.
For bombs you need, as in recent Witcher games, the forumla first to build them. And for traps Idk, are they still in game?
But sure it can be annoying for long term gamers to learn the basics of game mechanics but think of all the casuals who will be lost in translation without it. :)

Top Bottom