The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Gopher, but I know that Polish guy who showcased the Ultra settings in the title of his videos (ImAnderZEL or something?) said that the video doesn't do the actual game justice. I can't find the quote right now though, will post if I'll be able to find it again. And of course you can see the colouring flaws (increased gamma, and less definition in lighting), and of course the obvious artifacting which makes it hard for us to see the small details on textures. It's not rocket science you know :) I'm not saying the models or rendering would look different; but the lighting and small definitions on textures would definitely look way better. You can see how the colours and lighting "should" look like in those YouTube gameplay videos by mousing over the time-bar on the video. Thumbnails there actually have the correct colouring, and it looks considerably different.

I don't know about Gopher, but I know that Polish guy who showcased the Ultra settings in the title of his videos (ImAnderZEL or something?) said that the video doesn't do the actual game justice. I can't find the quote right now though, will post if I'll be able to find it again. And of course you can see the colouring flaws (increased gamma, and less definition in lighting), and of course the obvious artifacting which makes it hard for us to see the small details on textures. It's not rocket science you know :) I'm not saying the models or rendering would look different; but the lighting and small definitions on textures would definitely look way better. You can see how the colours and lighting "should" look like in those YouTube gameplay videos by mousing over the time-bar on the video. Thumbnails there actually have the correct colouring, and it looks considerably different.

Right here https://youtu.be/gGgO_kBKRzw?t=722

Firstly, New screens are absolutly amazing.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...14432513_o.jpg

But that wierd yellow thing still there. Now i do not think that is bug. RED would not send the screens with bugy effect. Now what is that actually? Do anybody know?

Sorry this is my first time posting so I hope this works fine. If you are referring to the yellow spider web looking pattern that appears, I believe it appears right after igni is cast and then fades quickly. I cannot find the video right now but I did see it in one of the youtubers' videos.

Edit: I can see it in the fight with the drowners in the precious cargo quest. Looks like it does that on the surface that it was cast on. Pretty sure the huge yellow blob effect that happened on those rocks in one of the vids was a bug and not the intended effect.

Last edited:
Many people including me asked about blood spatter, effects and visuals on twitch just now, but they chose to skip them and answer about skill points 3 times. Very sad. Although the guys were level and gameplay designers, but still they could've at least mention something:(

It's exactly that, it's Igni "residue"

I wish it look something more along these lines.

Mods to the rescue I guess.

I wish it look something more along these lines.

Mods to the rescue I guess.

On some surfaces it looks okay (foliage, dirt, etc.), but especially on walls and rock formations it looks a bit ridiculous :) Hopefully will be fixed (either officially or with mods)

On some surfaces it looks okay (foliage, dirt, etc.), but especially on walls and rock formations it looks a bit ridiculous :) Hopefully will be fixed (either officially or with mods)
Officially I hope lol..
You guys notice they toned down the bolt trails for the crossbow?
It's hard to see now, I think it's just motion blurr.. ;)

Many people including me asked about blood spatter, effects and visuals on twitch just now, but they chose to skip them and answer about skill points 3 times. Very sad. Although the guys were level and gameplay designers, but still they could've at least mention something:(

Yep i saw that and they ignored i still cant believe they removed such good feature the old footage was very well done specially on water it looked amazing

Also it looks like the Blood Decals thread calmed down for now

I think some of the good features that were in the game that are now cut, needed more work. We all know that CDPR was running on a very tight schedule and they were undermanned, so I think there is high a possibility that they're still working on them and they are going to patch them back into the game after they think the features are as good as they want it to be. At least I hope this is the case with the blood splatter, since the demand is very high among the fans.

Also there might be a downloadable texture pack for the PC version if it is needed, which is the case for many large open world games.

They also need to iron out a lot of bugs after release, so I think we'll see heavy patching for the first few weeks after release. The thing with CDPR is that they keep working hard even after the game is released, and they support their fans and improve the game as much as they can. They kept patching the Witcher 2 for yeas, and I am not joking when I say years.

So do not get worried too much friends :)

So I saw some new screenshots posted by Nvidia and one of them caught my eye.
Some pretty odd changes from the 35 minutes demo to this. Really makes me wonder what the hell happened?

Before:
View attachment 13477

After:
View attachment 13478

Yah the 35min shot looks much more realistic and natural. While the newest shot is something you can tell that is artificial, what happened damnit?

What is up with the 3 new nvidia screens anyways? They look horribly low resolution and dull looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom