Witcher 3 35% off

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 3 35% off

Well, I just posted this on GOG, but I'll post it here too:

Moderator: Link deleted because there is no evidence GMG is an authorized reseller. Do not repost the link.

Basically the cheapest option available at the moment from a legit store (there's Nuveem too, but that is Brazil only).

Also if you have some credit on GMG, you can use it to lower the price.

EDIT: Well, it seems those keys are not legit? Funny thing is GMG is still selling those keys. CDPR, can you elaborate a bit on why those keys are not legit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-Order The Wild Hunt for 35% discount?

Moderator: Link deleted because there is no evidence GMG is an authorized reseller. Do not repost the link.

At Green Man Gaming, you can pre-order for 35% off. That's the cheapest I've ever seen The Witcher 3 get for USD. The Wild Hunt is 10% off if you preorder, with an additional 5% for each game you own on GOG or Steam. How is Green Man Gaming so cheap for anyone using USD?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think this game is definitely worth paying full price for. On principle alone, I think I'll stick to GOG directly, /w Galaxy, tbh.

You like a company's policies & ideals?. Then show your support, imo. If you can afford a system that will run the game, I'm sure you should be able to afford the game itself lol.

#edit: I'm not familiar with this site, myself (greenmangaming). I've not used it before. I meant above if they're reselling nvidia codes.

Last edited:
I personally think this game is definitely worth paying full price for. On principle alone, I think I'll stick to GOG directly, /w Galaxy, tbh.

You like a company's policies & ideals?. Then show your support, imo. If you can afford a system that will run the game, I'm sure you should be able to afford the game itself lol.

#edit: I'm not familiar with this site, myself (greenmangaming). I've not used it before. I meant above if they're reselling nvidia codes.

Green man Gaming is one of the most well known sites that sell game keys in the US. When I first got into PC gaming (around 2012) I was told to to stop by Green Man Gaming by PC gamers on the internet.

I definitely do agree with supporting business's practices you like.

Stiler

Forum veteran
GMG is a legit authorized retailer, they are NOT a fly-by-the-night "Cd key reseller" or anything of the sort.

They sell official keys directly from publishers.

GMG is a legit authorized retailer, they are NOT a fly-by-the-night "Cd key reseller" or anything of the sort.

They sell official keys directly from publishers.

Yup. Which is why the post is still here :)
I've never used them, but I've only ever heard good things about them.

I'm cancelling this comment. See later posts.

Last edited:
Thank you, but I'm sticking with my GOG copy. This game deserves that [or so I have been lead to believe by awesome TW1, TW2 and TW3 promo material lol]

I used GMG before and it works fine, usually :p.
I only say that because last time I did get a little burned by them. They delivered steam codes too late and I lost preorder bonus items. Technically... they delivered the codes on time, except it was only a few hours before the game was "released" on steam and that was during morning hours when I was at work so I couldn't activate the key.

Anyway, I am curious how do they get such low pricing. How do these things work? Are they authorized by CDPRs distributor to lower the price? Is this coming out of CDPRs pockets or is CDPR getting bottom "minimum" and GMG is taking % out of their own pocket to compete?
When game is sold on GMG does steam actually get anything at all?

Even that i could get a better offer elsewhere, i bought my game on cdp.pl, just to support the devs <3. I encourage everyone to do so, too.

@rpasiek I stilll hope devs got their fair share >< ; if not cdp.pl, then GOG.COM is the way to go

Last edited:
Oh nice. I personally buy most of my full priced games from GMG. I highly recommend them.

for this opus, i have decide to pay the game on GoG to reward the devs for the hard work they have done on the witcher 3 and for the great moment i have get on the witcher 1 and 2 ; like that they get all the money for them, and hopefully with it, create another great franchise of a new RPG.

but thanks to give uis good deal, for those who can't afford the game at full price

Thanks for the heads up on this sale! I just bought through them and for anyone interested how they handle pre-order keys I just received this info from them

Pre-purchase Games

For pre-purchase games, you will not receive a key immediately at the point of pre-purchase, rather you will receive the key on the day of release (or a day or two beforehand dependant on the game publisher) We cannot guarantee that you'll be able to preload; however, we are in constant talks with the publisher to ensure keys are released as early as possible.

So here is hoping we get the key with enough time to preload too! But that I wont know until we get closer to release.

Gamespot article on GMG's game codes.

[UPDATE]
A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red. If you'd like to buy The Witcher 3 directly from CD Projekt Red, head to the game's GOG.com page here.

Full article:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

They may also be getting the codes by buying them from localized retail version retailers :p Price of retail PC version in my country is 1/3 of console versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom