Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! :)

I have absolutely no idea how English lessons are nowadays - all I can can speak of is how it was at my time and it was non-existant. Actually Eng lessons were there -on a paper - but there was a serious lack of anyone who actually spoke it. LOL i've just remembered when I was 15 and english "teacher" approached me before a lesson asking me about some shit from a book and i was: "that's no way to teach anyone anything - play some music and let class transcribe lyrics". Whole year almost every lesson was another piece of The Police, Mike and the Mechanics, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and Jethro Tull music. Ohhh how ppl hated me for it xD Not as much as when i've came up with an idea at highschool to translate books and compare our translations and recite them in front of the class.

As for that what I experienced two years ago - I went to Poland for an exchange year, with going to school there etc. So I was enjoying the possibility of experiencing the Polish approach on language lessons (I call it the 'Polish approach', because it was the same with the German classes I attented, and we do such things differently here in Germany, so it could be it wasn't just a teacher thing, but an overall teaching method in Poland). Unfortunalety I can't say they were very effective. In terms of learning English, I mean, because later on I used them to increase my Polish knowledge, and therefore they were a great help :D
We did loads of grammar, speaking was like the smallest part of those lessons, and if you ask me, speaking's the most important part of learning a language. That, and maybe vocabulary.

Pfff! I feel quite better about my autodidacted English now... I wonder what could it be learning with a teacher.....

Automated translations are useful tools, but a human teacher could help to learn the more complex details, sentence structure, and local expressions. However, despite that, most of the time, your posts are understandable. (I'd offer to help, myself, but Spanish is not one of my languages, unfortunately.)

However, despite that, most of the time, your posts are understandable.

That's a lot, you're too kind with me ;)

Anyway, thank you for your offer. Many of you, guys and girls, make me feel welcome everyday with your patience :) I'll never be tired by saying this over and over.

Automated translations are useful tools, but a human teacher could help to learn the more complex details, sentence structure, and local expressions. However, despite that, most of the time, your posts are understandable. (I'd offer to help, myself, but Spanish is not one of my languages, unfortunately.)

Yes it does help a lot. Hopefully in a year or so i'll be able to ask for a beer in portuguese or say to a girl that she has beautiful eyes xD

Hey gang! Привет всем!

After having followed the development (and delays) of the third Witcher game, i went back and replayed the second game to further immerse myself in the WItcherverse(i played the first Witcher back in 2011 after getting on a whim - before then i had no interest in playing it as i a) had no decent gaming rig and b) it didn't appeal to me for some reason)...and now i'm hopelessly addicted. May 19th can't come soon enough! Until then, hopefully i can get to share my delight for this series with you guys (because you sure as hell ain't gonna see me afterwards ;))

Hello!

Forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure i understand your question entirely - If you're wondering as to why i said that, i was making a joke towards this game consuming all of my time once it arrives. Rest assured, i will still be posting here, just not as in a great a frequency as i would like (Gotta kill 'em all!!!)

So yeah lol

Hey gang! Привет всем!

After having followed the development (and delays) of the third Witcher game, i went back and replayed the second game to further immerse myself in the WItcherverse(i played the first Witcher back in 2011 after getting on a whim - before then i had no interest in playing it as i a) had no decent gaming rig and b) it didn't appeal to me for some reason)...and now i'm hopelessly addicted. May 19th can't come soon enough! Until then, hopefully i can get to share my delight for this series with you guys (because you sure as hell ain't gonna see me afterwards ;))

Welcome, until then. I came to The Witcher series in a very similar way, and now I'm here.

Last edited:
Hello!

Forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure i understand your question entirely - If you're wondering as to why i said that, i was making a joke towards this game consuming all of my time once it arrives. Rest assured, i will still be posting here, just not as in a great a frequency as i would like (Gotta kill 'em all!!!)

So yeah lol

I've understood him you... but never mind. It's hard to be used with my English and own sense of humor ;) You will quickly learn how ignore my nosenses :p

IYou will quickly learn how ignore my nosenses :p

Or maybe i'll like it...;)

---------- Updated at 09:55 PM ----------

Thanks! Good to be here. Finally good to be a part of a message forum that is active more than once a month :lol:

Hello new friends! I'm new here to The Witcher Community so figured id give my two cents.... My names Jamie. Im from Baltimore, MD (yea, where the riots are..well not anymore but WERE). Im 29 yrs old and Ive been playing video games for as long as I can remember. NES Maniac Mansion, Mike Tyson Punch Out, Golden Axe, Ghosts & Goblins...yeeeeaaaahhhh!!!! i know u remember those piss off games!!!! (for ppl born in 70s and 80s lol) I use to be all about Playstaton when i was a teenager because Socom was out and that's all we played! Socom Socom Socom! and a little Golden Eye thrown in the mix with it being the first MP game to use a mic that was on a console lol...But then John 117 came along and i was sucked into The World of Halo. and Xbox. Since then I had Xbox, Xbox 360 and now Xbox One. I was 2010 MLG DC Halo Reach FFA Runner Up & a old school GB vet (till the children took over). I wanted to go back to Playstation this generation but the system was too much at Christmas and I had what I had so I had to buy myself a Nxt Gen system at ALL COST (my 360 CDROM don't eject no more) so I got the 350$ Assassins Creed bundle. Thank god! Other than videogames, I love watching the walking dead and reading the comics. I love hunting, fishing, art, music, making people laugh, watching baseball and football (not soccer),i vape (going on 1.5 yrs cig free! woot!) i like cooking (mainly Italian), smoking da ganja, drinking beer (man stuff :D ) watching every movie ever made (via torrents...who still goes to the movies or buys movies these days still? hehehe:p ). I would say im a cool, calm, low key, laid back, non confrontational, person with compassion and generosity (when i have $) Anyway onto my Witcher history and enough about me....

I just fount out about the Witcher about a month or 2 ago...I mean I've heard about the Witcher 3 from E3 a couple years ago but NEVER thought/knew it was this big of a franchise! Phew! After getting it (Witcher 2 Enhanced) on 360 last month for the monthly free game download and started playing ive been HOOKED ever since. I really wish I could get through it tho. I just want to continue the story but even on easy its freaking hard and so damn confusing. he map is terrible u never can figure out where to go. pisses me off LOL. but anyway, I am about to start reading the books too. I read the first couple pages off Amazons book preview and i immediately went to my local library's website and requested it and they said it should be there Friday, the first one!!! :)I am very excited to start playing TW3 and cant wait to figure out WTH HAPPENED TO GERALD!?!? LOL ( i know its Geralt i call him Gerald lol). Another think I just wanted to bring up before I close this is that I think its so freaking cool that gamers from the US, Poland, UK, South America, India WHEREVER, were ALL HERE! Conversing! its amazing! on this little spec in the universe...AHHH ITS JUST CRAZY!!!! dont get me started talking about space and conspiracy theories hahah! well ill talk to yall soon! take care!

Last edited:
if you have a relatively modern computer (i5 2.8+ GHz, 4 GB RAM, etc.) you should try and play the first Witcher. Yeah yeah you're an Xbox person but seriously, it's a damn good game. Might be a bit hard to get into if you never played a computer RPG before, but it's so good some of us are still undecided about whether TW2 really is the better game, after all these years.

If your computer is sort of OK, and you like old school gaming, try GOG.com. It's a sister company to CDPR and they sell lots of good stuff, 100% DRM free.

if you have a relatively modern computer (i5 2.8+ GHz, 4 GB RAM, etc.) you should try and play the first Witcher. Yeah yeah you're an Xbox person but seriously, it's a damn good game. Might be a bit hard to get into if you never played a computer RPG before, but it's so good some of us are still undecided about whether TW2 really is the better game, after all these years.

If your computer is sort of OK, and you like old school gaming, try GOG.com. It's a sister company to CDPR and they sell lots of good stuff, 100% DRM free.
yea i use to play the shit out of WoW...LOL who hasnt right??? but that was the last game i even attempted on my pentium 4 2.4ghz 2.5gb ram 35gb hdd LOL my xbox 360 iis better then my pc lmao...i just use my pc to download movies and browse the net...im a consle gamer....the only game on pc i still play is counter strke and that is only if im in the mood for it and my friends are on to play with.

An admission, be understanding folks please... a drinking game please welcome me bacxk to the Witcher 3

Submitted for you approval, as you can see i have been here since 2007 so please listen to me.

i just merged my GOG account and im a bit looped so bare witrh me

im sure this is a GREAT idea to post ot a frum while in wasted but here goes maybe this will bring a laugh or two

Witcher 3 is all pree ordered on GOG

and in all honestly it's been a WHILE since i have been this drunk but for some reason i want you guys to hear this about my witcher experiences,

i created a mod for the witcher 1 A LONG time ago calle Silence is Golden, and a saved game called called 550 Whiote Gull potions

i played the witcher 2 for a while when it first came out, before dark mode was even used, i played in insane.setting.

I mannaged to get to level 11 or 12 i forget without using any skill points in act 2 before the quesat to fishgt the Kraken booss dude monster thing

i update to a new patch and i dowmnloaded the WRONG one from GOG

actyually sometyhing happened and it stated my character was dead when i had not diedat all, that pissed me off, a week or two worth of playing carefully down the toilet

i submitted an email to GOG an unfortaubalte they could not help me

hatr i am try to say and here ios my popint,

i hate Alchemy in The Wicher 2 , so much it ruined the game for me.

The idea i could not drink a potion whenever i wanted and deal with the toxicity effect andf crerate potions with secondary effect like the Wiotche (1) just pissed me off to no end

add in the insane mode save going bad and i just had no interest in finsinh the Witvcher 2, so i never did

i never fisnhes the Witcher 2 ok i said it, i know everyone hates me...but please read on

i have even seen some signature saying the Wicher 1 is beeter then 2 andf there i am in complete agrerement

so i guess i am asking after having seen all the awsome videos and the inmporovements to alcnehemyt.i haver seen in the prewview vidseo of the witcher 3

can you guys let me back in?

can you acxcept me as fellow gamer and say welcome back to the Witcher 3 , yes alcehmeny sucked in 2 welcome back??

please excuse the typoes but like i said for some reason i got looped tonight, Zoltan and Dandelion would approve!!!!!!

and if you could rwqad of of this crunked ramvlking then you complted a witcvher drinkging game !

aw shoot shoot please just say welocme back...

preeeety pleases :) :) :)

Last edited:
Sure, I'll give you a welcome. :cheers:

Alchemy in the Witcher 3 looks like it's going to be fantastic, way better than either W1 or W2.

thanks for the welcome Vixraine, you made it through the drinking game and was able to decipher my drunken ramblings, thanks a bunch buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom