[SPOILERS] Just finished all the books, questions for the returning players

+
[SPOILERS] Just finished all the books, questions for the returning players

Ok I've just finished all books (5 novels + 2 short stories). However I've never played TW and TW2. So I want to know where does TW3 start. It seems that it happens few years after the saga since Ciri is all grown up. However this doesn't seem to fit the ending of "The Lady of the Lake" very much...
So can anyone tell me if the games are canons, or just use the original materials and create their own stories?

Ok I've just finished all books (5 novels + 2 short stories). However I've never played TW and TW2. So I want to know where does TW3 start. It seems that it happens few years after the saga since Ciri is all grown up. However this doesn't seem to fit the ending of "The Lady of the Lake" very much...
So can anyone tell me if the games are canons, or just use the original materials and create their own stories?

Games are not canon.

Books - TW 2 flashbacks - TW1 - TW2 - TW3

makes sense. Thank you!
Too bad I was actually hoping to see some scenes from the book in the game.

The ending of the saga...
is deliberately ambiguous, in the tradition of Arthurian legend. The hero departs on a boat to lie in Avalon/Ava'llach until he is called upon in time of need (and all that). He was mortally wounded and may indeed have died, and then Ihuarraquax intervened at Ciri's instigation.

makes sense. Thank you!
Too bad I was actually hoping to see some scenes from the book in the game.

Who knows... maybe CDPR put some book scenes in flasbacks.... we really don't know anything about this game even about all these reviews and YT hand on's....

is deliberately ambiguous, in the tradition of Arthurian legend. The hero departs on a boat to lie in Avalon/Ava'llach until he is called upon in time of need (and all that). He was mortally wounded and may indeed have died, and then Ihuarraquax intervened at Ciri's instigation.
Spoilers
Yeah I personally thought that Geralt and Yennefer both died and went to the realm of thh dead , and Ciri just invented that story (with clearly fabricated parts, e.g. the marriage) she told the Round Table knight.
Guess I will just look for the game plots online since I'm pretty curious to know what happened after the novels, even if they are non-canon.

well here is a bit that you miss if you didnt play the 2 games. but you probably follow it if you watch the flash back animated videos . and the recap videos

Spoilers
Yeah I personally thought that Geralt and Yennefer both died and went to the realm of thh dead , and Ciri just invented that story (with clearly fabricated parts, e.g. the marriage) she told the Round Table knight.
Guess I will just look for the game plots online since I'm pretty curious to know what happened after the novels, even if they are non-canon.

Look at those.

Wasn't that kinda cleared up in Season of Storms? Someone mentioned that in a flash forward Nimue sees Geralt about 100 or so years after the events in the last novel in the saga.

There is also an official video recap of the story of Witcher 1. I'll link it when I get home, if no one beats me to it. Otherwise just search "Witcher 1 Story" on YouTube

There's a detail why I cannot believe Geralt and Yen die. Returning to life a dead is black magic, and Unicorns don't practise necromanthy. So, to me, both of them are alive maybe just by a unique brain cell, but not dead.

Is a coma a possible explanation? You know, the body shutting down to protect the vital life functions. Or someone inducing the coma until they are "stable" again. You know what I mean.

Top Bottom