Throwing daggers and traps in The Witcher 3 ?

+
There are at least bombs you can throw, so maybe also daggers.... i don't have seen traps (yet). so only bombs confirmed so far.

I think the crossbow replaced throwing daggers completely. It makes sense to me. I don't mean to trigger the discussion of if the crossbow is good or bad, I just mean that having both seems redundant, so I assume from them focusing on the crossbow and not ever showing throwing daggers, that the latter is out.

Same goes for traps. Haven't seen them. Maybe we have trap grenades? :hmmm: The more gameplay options, the better. As long as they're good, of course, and make sense, and so on and so forth.

I think no traps. Dunno about daggers, anyway im more interested in grenades they added to the game, cant wait to trow grenades on children, trowing a grenade inside an orphanage is a must try :)

Last edited:
I think no traps. Dunno about daggers, anyway im more interested in granades they added to the game, cant wait to trow granades on childrens, trowing a granade inside an orphanage is a must try :)

You're too soft-hearted. Why not cut them to pieces, cook it and feed the poor?

/sarcasm

I think the crossbow replaced throwing daggers completely. It makes sense to me. I don't mean to trigger the discussion of if the crossbow is good or bad, I just mean that having both seems redundant, so I assume from them focusing on the crossbow and not ever showing throwing daggers, that the latter is out.

well, that is true!
They also mentioned different bolts for the crossbow with different effects (such as burning, exploding, stunning, poisoning and such).

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2482153,00.asp

At their most basic, The Witcher games are action/RPG hybrids. Geralt has access to basic sword attacks and movement abilities, as well as powerful magical attacks called Signs. But the Witcher series also has a robust crafting system that greatly enhances the combat. Geralt is a powerful and knowledgeable swordsman, but he can also makes use of the potent drugs, traps, and items he crafts to give himself an edge against more trying opponents. As a result, the Witcher is both fast paced and exciting, and also methodical and tactical. Planning ahead and crafting items to suit the situation is always more productive than charging headlong into a melee.

http://www.sidequesting.com/2015/03/hands-on-with-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-bloody-gorgeous-pax-east/

I’d be remiss to not mention that the game also controls incredibly well, which is good because combat is just as difficult and technical as ever. Switching between the proper armaments, abilities and traps in the midst of combat is confusing at first, but becomes second nature after a few minutes. It definitely feels like it’s the best controlling game CD Projekt RED has made to date.

Granted these are gaming journalists so they could just be wrong.

You're too soft-hearted. Why not cut them to pieces, cook it and feed the poor?

/sarcasm

i have allot of ideas on how to use grenades:

- herding sheep's and trowing a grenade in the middle .
- trowing a grenade on a random guy that rides a horse on the road seeing him blast into pieces and his parts mix with the horse parts hopefully.
- using a grenade on some random dog or better yet a Cat!
- Trowing a grenade on ships that arrives at the harbor seeing if the sailors try to flee
- try to climb on a high building and trow a grenade on flock of birds hoping not to miss.

i have more ideas but i will save them for later
oh and of course trowing a grenade on the village elders.

grenades are a useful tool to test out the game mechanics :D

Last edited:
@kingeliran have you been playing too much GTA?

Anyway don't forget exploding bolts, should be easier to experiment with :p

haha to much GTA, but thats what great about open world sandbox games to experiment with everything, dont forget the developers of the game at some point had a meeting and decided what would happen when the player decide to trow a grenade into someone house or using it on childrens and so on, so its part of the game features :D

Attachments

• ijU55wC.jpg
    ijU55wC.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 81
Also in the first action trailer "killing monsters" you can see garelt trowing a dagger on a some one, altough its not gameplay. but maybe it hints that we can do it in game. Hell you can even see a dagger as loot in the other gameplay picture so probably trowable daggers are in but traps i dont think so..

Top Bottom