Blood Decals

+
My only "dilemma" I have is that, since people will inevitably mod it in, why didn't CDP just put it in from the start?

It was in. Now it's out. For now. No idea why. Game development is a translucent medium at best. Opaque is more typical. We don't get told a lot. Not unusual in art - when's the last time George R R Martin told anyone about a character change 4/5 of the way through development and got hammered on it. The idea. He'd laugh.

Bansai will probably spring on Marcin from the Polish shadows and ask him, though. Yelling, "Banzai!", appropriately.

I hope I quoted right. This might be the third Time I joined a forum and first I tried to quote and I'm 33 and long time gamer. First love was adventure on Atari. Now. This is what I'm feeling. I'm not married to an emt but long hard life tells me video games aren't fucking real. You don't want that. I've been cut, ran over, shot... trust me. Now don't get me wrong. Some bugs about blood on ground or water effects ok, I hate it but God Damn people. I've hovered since the beging(that's what I do if you haunt figured that out) and the bashing is just too much. This game IS the most ambitious game I know of. I do.t know what games you all are playing. Do you really want blood spit sweat shit vomit cum and bile spewing everywhere!?! Yea I get the degradation of graphics from previews and the reasons for it and the scare of simple bugs taking away from what little is left but DAMN. Remember who your talking to on THEiR own site. Find a little humility.

---------- Updated at 05:36 AM ----------

Wow, ok, I'm sorry. I think I'm off topic and I'm sorry. I can't figure out a Damn thing. But give me some third strike and I'll show you who's the mfing boss.

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

Rage? What rage? Have you all seen your posts replaced by Ponies yet? Then you'll know.

Blood on the ground, sure. Maybe. Maybe not. You miss the point about deep wounds and cuts? The veins snap shut in order to restrict blood loss. People - lots of them - have died from blood loss with little to no visible sign. Soaked up by the ground on which they were lying, dumped into their boots, absorbed by their dark clothes...

Cutting you in half, yeah, you should see blood. Also entrails. And bone. See those? Why am I not hearing complaints about that? Or the feces and urine, since losing control of your bowels is also a common occurence. That water really ought to be quite a -few- colours...

Then, since we're going down this path, you have -any- idea how hard it is to kill someone? Even sliced in half, ( which is -incredibly- hard to do, as anyone who has ever butchered anything knows. We use power tools for a reason.), people can just linger. Screaming. And begging. And crying. For hours.

Most people die from infection and trauma, not the initial injury. That might be a bit much to put in a videogame for now.

Having bounced around a bit in this old world, I've actually seen people who've been shot multiple times, up close. First, hey, guess what? Not that much blood at first, but it does keep coming unless their heart stops. Hard to say how much of it stayed on the ground - being dirt, it soaked it up pretty quickly. Looked like oil.

If the heart stops, there isn't anything to pump out the blood, either.

So, sure, if they were shooting for realism, this whole thing would get a lot more complicated. But this isn't about realism, is it? Just "cool".

And that's fine, but if it such a major issue for you, given everything else that's cool about the combat in this game, ( or supposed to be, anyway), again, let's go back to the stick figures - would you prefer stick figures and blood decals?

Or instead all this other great stuff and decals? I have no idea if your mother told you you could have everything always, but you can't. No idea why they cut it, on purpose or not, repleaceable/fixable or not, but it's a tiny, minor issue against the scope of this huge game.

Perspective.

Wow, you all just ignore a post praising cdpr and... just wow. Anyway, I'm glad I joined. I would like to just tell cdpr thanks for the amazing game. I know I haunt got to play it yet but I've played games long enough to know a great one before it comes out. I normally buy about two to three games a year bc I'm picky like that. Anyways, don't listen to all these cuddlers complaining about , idk whatever they can muster. I believe in you. Blood decals be damned I will purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you all just ignore a post praising cdpr and... just wow. Anyway, I'm glad I joined. I would like to just tell cdpr thanks for the amazing game. I know I haunt got to play it yet but I've played games long enough to know a great one before it comes out. I normally buy about two to three games a year bc I'm picky like that. Anyways, don't listen to all these cuddlers complaining about , idk whatever they can muster. I believe in you. Blood decals be damned I will purchase.

That's great! Only one little thing - we try to avoid the use of words like "cuddlers". Kind of a fight word. I know, I forget that myself. I think I used the word "bitching" like, five times.

It's only "cuddling" if it happens a lot of times. Otherwise, it's "carefully considered criticisms".

Which, joking aside, it is. The first time or two.

Anyway, I edited your word choice a bit.

Positive posts are great, just try not to put others down. That's my job!

You really think you changing my post bothers me at all? It's like my sixth post EVER. I don't care. But you DO. Ever as in ever on the internet. I do.t live here cuddler, lol

---------- Updated at 07:02 AM ----------

Perspective.

My original post was a triumph of modern wordsmithing! Sadly unappreciated by the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited the first post to be more precise on the current matter should any RED read it, any thoughts, did I miss something?

I edited the first post to be more precise on the current matter should any RED read it, any thoughts, did I miss something?

Yeah, the fact that some animals and what have you still have blod splatters although its extremely inconsistant, mentioning that + adding a few gifs of it would be good, other than that there's nothing i can think of.

I added a gif where Geralt hits wolf and blood appears on the ground, and below I added a second gif where he hits a human and the ground stays squeaky clean. If any of you can do gifs better send me them using private message system and I will exchange it. :)

Lmao template covers "hit a wolf" :facepalm:

It can't be because of the console limitations, because it just happens on human ou humanoid enemies. Animals and other enemies, apparently were not affected.

I don't know why they removed it, but it is a bit strange.

Whoa, so no blood decals have been officially confirmed? I missed that part. I really thought it's just a bug of some kind.
Kinda puzzled why they would remove such a feature that even TW1 had, I guess we won't ever know the answer.

Anyway, there's always hope the issue will be fixed via a patch.

Whoa, so no blood decals have been officially confirmed? I missed that part. I really thought it's just a bug of some kind.
Kinda puzzled why they would remove such a feature that even TW1 had, I guess we won't ever know the answer.

Only God knows why CDPR removed a lot of good features from time to time

It's not official. Marcin loaded up the game and hit some enemies and there wasn't any blood on the ground. But i think we've concluded that it's a bug because it happens to some enemies like wolves, but it doesn't happen to enemies like bandits.

Please do not discuss leaked footage on the forums. Thank you.

---------- Post merged on 09-05-2015 at 12:42 AM ----------

A little update. You can discuss the recent leaked footage, but keep it to general statements about the game.

Do not discuss story elements of any kind
Do not post leaked material (pictures, videos, streams, etc.)

Please do not discuss leaked footage on the forums. Thank you.

---------- Post merged on 09-05-2015 at 12:42 AM ----------

A little update. You can discuss the recent leaked footage, but keep it to general statements about the game.

Do not discuss story elements of any kind
Do not post leaked material (pictures, videos, streams, etc.)

Alrighty then... Are blood decals fixed or still non existent? (I hope this qualifies as general statements only)

Alrighty then... Are blood decals fixed or still non existent? (I hope this qualifies as general statements only)

I watched the stream just to see if this was fixed.
I can confirm based on the stream that blood decals were evident when a chicken was killed and when a wolf was killed.
They were not seen when fighting drowners (though a pool of blood appeared under a drowner after being killed), nor were they evident during fist fights with humans.
Considering this seemed to be the case in the youtube videos, it appears the issue has NOT been fixed, which is not only baffling but very disappointing. I guess there's always a possible day-one patch.

Top Bottom