I don't want to kill wolves..

+
Well, wolves are (generally?) not domestic animals. If you meet a wild wolf (not white) in real life it's going to attack you as well.

Well, wolves are (generally?) not domestic animals. If you meet a wild wolf (not white) in real life it's going to attack you as well.

You couldn't be more wrong.

The vast majority of wild wolves do not see humans as a source of food. They will usually be afraid of humans and at most curious. They will most of the time run away from humans, you need only read about the people who's job it is to "study" wild wolves or who work in areas with them (IE Parks).

When wolves have attacked humans in the wild it's mostly been the case of Rabid wolves, sick wolves, or they attack a very small human who's alone.

I wonder what xp we'll get for killing a goose :D

For some reason this reminded me of Divinity where if you kill x number of rabbits a giant one comes out and kicks you arse... :) I then went around killing rabbits and geese on purpose lol

You couldn't be more wrong.

The vast majority of wild wolves do not see humans as a source of food. They will usually be afraid of humans and at most curious. They will most of the time run away from humans, you need only read about the people who's job it is to "study" wild wolves or who work in areas with them (IE Parks).

When wolves have attacked humans in the wild it's mostly been the case of Rabid wolves, sick wolves, or they attack a very small human who's alone.

You ever see the movie The Grey with Liam Neeson?

KILL ALL WOLVES!!!!!!

Roleplaying => balancing player styles and mindsets.

I am hoping it W3 I dont have to level Geralt from a level 1 character with no skills. At this point Geralt should be an elite Witcher with all his skills and lots to do with them. New special skills could be added in a context sensitive way.

Also I hope that the devs can accommodate people who get no satisfaction from killing random wildlife that suicidally attack you. It took a years for a proper solution for this in Skyrim and in the end a single modder made One With Nature. It was easy to do, but Beth chose not to.

In Witcher is would be as simple as the player choosing to give Geralt a Power or amulet that prevents wolves from attacking suicidally and constantly.

Players could choose not to have this power.
Specific wolves could still be aggressive as required by the plot for a specific reason.
Wolves could still attack if Geralt is heavily injured.
Geralt could have something snarky to say if asked to go on a wolf killing quest like "I am a monster hunter not a #%^% wolf hunter .... go hire a hunter"

A huge number of players have dogs and do not relish the idea of killing wolves over and over and over ........

I am hoping it W3 I dont have to level Geralt from a level 1 character with no skills. At this point Geralt should be an elite Witcher with all his skills and lots to do with them. New special skills could be added in a context sensitive way.

Also I hope that the devs can accommodate people who get no satisfaction from killing random wildlife that suicidally attack you. It took a years for a proper solution for this in Skyrim and in the end a single modder made One With Nature. It was easy to do, but Beth chose not to.

In Witcher is would be as simple as the player choosing to give Geralt a Power or amulet that prevents wolves from attacking suicidally and constantly.

Players could choose not to have this power.
Specific wolves could still be aggressive as required by the plot for a specific reason.
Wolves could still attack if Geralt is heavily injured.
I remember reading that wolves have a radius that if you pass it they become alarmed and start growling to warn you away, and then a second radius that once you pass it, they attack - so at least with them you should be able to navigate around if you'd like. But probably walking straight up to a pack will aggro it.

Geralt could have something snarky to say if asked to go on a wolf killing quest like "I am a monster hunter not a #%^% wolf hunter .... go hire a hunter"
I bet that they put in some joke about fetch-quests, like they did with Elthon.
:huh:

OP
think of it this way

There are "good" wolves and "bad" wolves. Good wolves...like good people won't attack you....bad ones will. Give them a chance to reveal what kind they are. When a "bad" one attacks...defend yourself..

dude its a video game get over it
You will also be murdering tons of humans ever cared about that?
I guess wolfs that attack you and want to eat you are more important

Wolves are predators, can't Disney sugar coat it.

They kill what they can, and avoid being killed. Sometimes they eat it, other times it's just for killing's sake. It's instinct, so we can't blame the wolf.

The only reason it's not attacking you is because it decided you were not worth the effort and risk.

I roleplay trying to avoid killing as much as possible in games ....... and don't play games in which the main theme is murder.

If you read my post carefully you will notice that I am opposed to random wolf attacks.

Shadanwolf said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There are "good" wolves and "bad" wolves. Good wolves...like good people won't attack you....bad ones will. Give them a chance to reveal what kind they are. When a "bad" one attacks...defend yourself..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The problem is that devs are lazy and there are no good wolves the game, only the same wolf that sees you and suicidally attacks you every single time .... over and over and over and over .

This laziness is marginally acceptable for undead and monsterous creatures, because they are outsiders. It just doesn't work for wolves.

If the wolves are under the control of something manevalent ..... it works
If Geralt is bleed out at 5% health ....... it works.
If a wolf pack decides to try its luck and then runs away after Geralt kills a few ...... it works

If every wolf in the game makes a suicidal run at you at first sight ...... it doesn't work .... it is lazy
It is especially bad when there is a village next to the wolf pack .... either the wolves or the village should be dead.

It is so simple to fix ...... a single modder wrote Skytest for Skyrim which gave wolves more believable behaviour. A single modder wrote "One with Nature" which the player could specify if any given animal was aggressive or defensive.

There is really no reason why you should be upset that certain people would welcome an amulet or power that would reduce or eliminate wolf attacks. Nobodys forcing you to use it.

I would like to see W3 treat wolves with the respect they deserve .... not meat to die on your sword OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. That means giving them rudimentary AI or giving us the option not to have them attack us.

Wolves pack can be interesting encounters early on in the game, a good way to learn and try the Yrden/Heliotrope sign when they charge at you. :)

Anyway, I've looked at a lot of post and i'd just like to add : Killing wolf in a videogame doesn't make you a men or a pussy, and not killing them either. It's a game, you push buttons while looking at a screen. You can still use axii, yrden or aard on them and then runaway on your horse to save their lives (random bandits and innocent travellers would be a better source of food for them than a witcher anyway). But if you are capable to putt all these effort to help those pixelated beasts, why not use this energy to help real dogs and wolves instead of complaining ?

... I wish every mooks in gaming was just like nazis and terrorists, a lot more fun to kill while making the world a better place. Oh wait, there will be nilfgaardians and scoia'tels in this game !!!

Last edited:
Man, that IGN video with Ciri doing shit is really going to bring the OP down. Amulet or no, that's going to make that particular quest a difficult task for modding without breaking it.

It is good that you love wolves so much because if you choose not to kill them, you'll be choosing to feed them instead.

I'm not a fan of killing wolves and would be very happy if there's an option to feed them instead, like getting some chicken/goose meat and feed those wolves :cheers2:

They kill what they can, and avoid being killed. Sometimes they eat it, other times it's just for killing's sake. It's instinct, so we can't blame the wolf.

Err, no. Wolves, like all predatory animals, make a very big deal about energy conservation. They don't chase after what they don't think they can catch. They won't go hunting when they've just eaten, it's just a waste of good calories. In terms of threat to the humans, wolves are behind moose. Herbivores in general tend to be a lot more dangerous to humans than carnivores, partially because people don't take them seriously as a threat, but also because they work on a completely different set of rules. Carnivores only come after you hungry or provoked, while herbivores are more likely to attack you preemptively, just because you're there and they don't want you around, especially when they're in heat.

In regards to the OP, they aren't real wolves, they're just pixels, think of it that way.

Err, no. Wolves, like all predatory animals, make a very big deal about energy conservation. They don't chase after what they don't think they can catch. They won't go hunting when they've just eaten, it's just a waste of good calories. In terms of threat to the humans, wolves are behind moose. Herbivores in general tend to be a lot more dangerous to humans than carnivores, partially because people don't take them seriously as a threat, but also because they work on a completely different set of rules. Carnivores only come after you hungry or provoked, while herbivores are more likely to attack you preemptively, just because you're there and they don't want you around, especially when they're in heat.

In terms of threat to the humans, wolves are behind moose. .

In terms of today, yes, but in the past, and especially in a medieval setting like the Witcher series, this certainly wasn't the case at all, even as late as the 1600s several thousand people were killed by wolves throughout Europe each year I believe, and in France wolf attacks became somewhat of an epidemic at one point. We can't let our 21st century world, with humans largely confined to areas outside the territory of wolves, and centuries of culling wolves in situations we find them to be dangerous, make us forget that once wolves were much more of a threat to people.

Luke 6:29 "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."
You should let the puppies do you more, at least my mentor Mr J said so. May us all go to heaven.

Top Bottom