When to expect first reviews

+
I really hope there will be enough sites that won't rush to release on the 12th, just because that's the soonest they can. One playthrough alone seems massive, and when you add to that the replay value found in different decisions (three epilogues of an hour each - that still impresses me) - this strikes me as something that requires much more than a week to properly cover only its main aspects. Limiting yourself to a week sounds like it's an injustice to TW3, based on what we know of its scope.

Though I'm kinda talking out of my ass. I don't know how these guys work, and I don't know how long they have their copies.

I think you may be giving the press a bit too much credit for their thoroughness. That's not really a knock against them, it just means that there's probably some magic break point where it becomes a bit of a financial burden to invest too much time into a game. I'm sure they'll attempt to see and do as much as they can, but I definitely don't expect them to see even half of the game.

I think you may be giving the press a bit too much credit for their thoroughness. That's not really a knock against them, it just means that there's probably some magic break point where it becomes a bit of a financial burden to invest too much time into a game. I'm sure they'll attempt to see and do as much as they can, but I definitely don't expect them to see even half of the game.
Baaah.

I believe the points mainstream reviewers must cover include beating the main campaign (a must) and trying out all of the critical features that the game has to offer (e.g. online stuff). In the TW3's case it'll be Gwent, horse racing, consequences of alternative choices etc - basically enough to cover the experience of an average gamer that reaches the end of the game.

They won't need to finish everything to rate it. If you've played a couple dozen hours, found if the quests and characters are interesting, found out if there are many bugs or not and seen the quality and fun of the mechanics, visual,voice acting etc., save scummed a bit to see if there are multiple paths for re-playability, etc. you can come up with a pretty good idea of whether the game is worthy of being recommended. I find the journey to be more interesting than the destination, after a couple of dozen hours of playing you will have a good idea whether the game is going to be fun while playing.

Gaming Journalist friend got her review copy last Wednesday, and she said she was going to log >50 hours before review, so I would imagine hers will be out a week, maybe 2 after release

Attachments

• Untitledw.jpg
    Untitledw.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 40
Gaming Journalist friend got her review copy last Wednesday, and she said she was going to log >50 hours before review, so I would imagine hers will be out a week, maybe 2 after release

That's nonsense.

From a big site like Gamespot/IGN/Gametrailers I'd expect their reviews on 12th if they already have their reviews and I'd actually expect them to be pretty thorough.

Given that your friend got her copy roughly on the 29th then 12 days playing the game at a good number of hours per day should allow them to finish the majority of it.

Also Totalbiscuit will probalby not make a review/preview/WTF is... video this time. As he said a while ago

"Those asking, I am unable to create a WTF is of Witcher Adventure Game since GoG.com sponsors our Starcraft 2 team and they are a subsiduary of CD Projekt, who also owns CD Projekt RED, the developers of Witcher Adventure game. This would present the appearance of impropriety, a potential conflict of interest that I'm not comfortable with. That said, I'm talking to a few people about doing a multiplayer session of it with some colleagues that we'll film in some capacity, but please look to other sources for review/critique, I dont have the ability to present that from a position of neutrality."

source

Also Totalbiscuit will probalby not make a review/preview/WTF is... video this time. As he said a while ago

"Those asking, I am unable to create a WTF is of Witcher Adventure Game since GoG.com sponsors our Starcraft 2 team and they are a subsiduary of CD Projekt, who also owns CD Projekt RED, the developers of Witcher Adventure game. This would present the appearance of impropriety, a potential conflict of interest that I'm not comfortable with. That said, I'm talking to a few people about doing a multiplayer session of it with some colleagues that we'll film in some capacity, but please look to other sources for review/critique, I dont have the ability to present that from a position of neutrality."

source

I'm sure he'll do a port report though, at least.

This might be a little off topic, but I personally will not bother with reviews (like IGN, GT,etc) concerning this game. I already know what the majority of them are going to say & the rating will probably be an 8-9. I will ignore all reviews, play the game, & then give my impression.

Btw. Angry Joe's reviews are too much spoilery so if anyone planning to watch his review when it's up... viewer discretion is advised :p

I really am hoping that TW3 will get at least metacritics score of 94 to do some justice. Gamespot gave DA:I 9 in metacritics and I sincerely believe that TW3 deserves better...

I really am hoping that TW3 will get at least metacritics score of 94 to do some justice. Gamespot gave DA:I 9 in metacritics and I sincerely believe that TW3 deserves better...

To be fair you couldn't know that right now. Personally, I thought DA:I had tremendous potential leading up to its release, then I played it and realized so much of the things they said were just smoke and mirrors. As excited and as impressed as I've been with footage, I'm not going to jump to conclusions about its overall quality until I've played through it.

I will only take a look at the avg score on metacritic, then read a few review of some bigger websites. I don't think they can say anything new without spoilers besides their general experience with the game (from start to finish). Whenever I'll see something that seems to lead into a spoiler, I'll just skip ahead.

Top Bottom